On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Thankfully that’s it at home this season, unsurprising defeat against a team who wanted it more, I think United sensed a weakness in our keepers ability in the air and exploited it well. they are a fairly basic unit who fight as a team.

McCallum tonight turned inside out, would send all the loaners back, Johansen again a waste of space, nice to see Austin get. his farewell goal.
    Ultimately lost to many players to injury and squad not big enough or good enough to cover.

Huge task for new manager, keep Dieng, Dunne, Dickie,Amos, Field, Chair and Willock as the backbone of the squad add young quality players and go again next season.

Bitterly disappointing end to a season that promised so much

I agree the GK did well but he is to short teams will put him under pressure in this league, but probably league one or lower.

Comment

It's quite shocking how immobile we are all over the pitch. They midfield is a fking joke. I would pay the rest of Stefs contract up and tell him to find another club. Dozzell needs a serious kick up the ####. The lad has to decide if he wants a career at this level or not. As usual Amos was the scapegoat. Also a big well done to ossie kakay. The lad almost dragged rangers back into it on his own cos he had a right go. Thomas as usual looked completely lost and is not good enough for this league.

Comment

Warburtons half time team talk went something like this...

Right lads we are 1 -0 up and what i want you to do is from the kick off pass it back to the keeper and then keep it in our penalty box for as long as you can....they have the long throw so give them as many as you can and corners ...oh and at corners keep letting that guy win the far post headers.

Steff - keep doing your little pirouettes and remember ..no forward passes...Jason ...are you playing jason....don't start playing in this second half....oh an Sam field keep that first touch of a garage door ..thats right that lovely bounce off your shins you do ...

Albert - play right back ..no right wing ...no wait right back...Luke if alberts not at right back you go there.

that's the way i want the home crowd to remember me ...right go out there and do me proud!

Comment

Our lack of fitness showed tonight we were run ragged by a professional team . Our midfield is ponderous , slow , has no idea and doesn't track back . Johansen is a joke , and that clown Warburton kept him on . Thank God I won't be back at LR until August

Comment

Another shocking 2nd half as many have been this year down the tin can, bullied, bottling it and looking like school children naive and useless. One Thery went 2-1 up look how professional they were whereas we pooped our pants cant handle big pressure just go to bits as per usual.

Comment

I thought keeper did alright under an aerial onslaught. Amazing how every single one of their crosses beat the first man and invariably found a 6'6" lump unmarked at back post... why can't we cross like that???? I thought our marking at set pieces was generally shocking and it was more luck than good defending we didn't concede more from one of their umpteen corners.
              Overall it was a terrible garbage performance that cannot simply be put down to end of season ennui..... too many unfit slow players and no clear system in place ie same factors that have dogged us over nearly 20 games now.
              Just get this skidmark of a season finished with ASAP, reset over the summer and get a gaffer who can inject some effing pace, desire and intensity into whatever players are still here in August.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                Warburtons half time team talk went something like this...

Right lads we are 1 -0 up and what i want you to do is from the kick off pass it back to the keeper and then keep it in our penalty box for as long as you can....they have the long throw so give them as many as you can and corners ...oh and at corners keep letting that guy win the far post headers.

Steff - keep doing your little pirouettes and remember ..no forward passes...Jason ...are you playing jason....don't start playing in this second half....oh an Sam field keep that first touch of a garage door ..thats right that lovely bounce off your shins you do ...

Albert - play right back ..no right wing ...no wait right back...Luke if alberts not at right back you go there.

that's the way i want the home crowd to remember me ...right go out there and do me proud!
                Absolutely brilliant!

Love the comment about Albert.
                I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed Steff's love of a piroutte.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

Absolutely brilliant!

Love the comment about Albert.
                  I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed Steff's love of a piroutte.
                  He does it every time he gets the ball ….It drives you mad!!!

Comment

Another slow, ponderous performance for a team whose confidence is shot and has no direction.

We have a number of players who can produce at this level but look like they have lost the will to live. Whoever comes in needs to instill some belief and confidence both to the team in general and also concentrate on some of the individuals.

I've supported the club over nearly four decades but I don't think I have seen such a spectacular collapse as over the last few months. We did ride our luck a bit first part of season but got results and looked very good at times. I cannot get my head around how we went from that to being the worst team in the division overnight. It is literally that bad and that is why the manager is not being offered a new contract. Yes we have had injuries but we had started our slump before Willock got injured and no amount of injuries excuses the fiasco we have become.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      Another slow, ponderous performance for a team whose confidence is shot and has no direction.

We have a number of players who can produce at this level but look like they have lost the will to live. Whoever comes in needs to instill some belief and confidence both to the team in general and also concentrate on some of the individuals.

I've supported the club over nearly four decades but I don't think I have seen such a spectacular collapse as over the last few months. We did ride our luck a bit first part of season but got results and looked very good at times. I cannot get my head around how we went from that to being the worst team in the division overnight. It is literally that bad and that is why the manager is not being offered a new contract. Yes we have had injuries but we had started our slump before Willock got injured and no amount of injuries excuses the fiasco we have become.
                      This is true and it has been awful to watch this slump. Warburton hasn't got a clue how to read or react to a game.

as for the comments re Dozzell, I forgot he was on the pitch until he got subbed. How Johansen stayed on is baffling, especially as we needed another forward on.
                      Kakay did well when he came on, but really was not as needed as Gray was. And to come on for Amos was a completely bizzare substitution.

Glad I won't be watching anymore games under Warburton's management.

Whoever gets the job will have his work cut out to revamp the squad. We need fitter and pacier players that can pass and cross the ball. I hope that the DoF has got some names of managers and players for next season.

If the DoF gets this next appointment wrong he should resign as he has a poor record in this so far. Warburton was his first success, but should have acted sooner to replace him rather than just let this season sink down the plughole.

We can blame it on injuries to some extent, but the starting lineups and substitutions have played bigger part in my view. When Willock got injured it was the perfect chance to go back to 2 strikers and get crosses into the box for them. Instead we got the likes of Chair, Thomas or Amos being pushed further forward.

Comment

Great thoughts all.

Agree we need a total reset with an eye to fitness, pace, and controlling the midfield.

Saw Eustace being pushed by MW as the next manager.

No. Please no. He was a part of this fiasco of ticky tack, slow, unaggressive, losing football.

Start fresh. The players will embrace it, and the fans will applaud it.

Comment

We also need to have a bit more gamesmanship in our game. Far too often the players fail to question decisions, contest throw ins or corner awards. We don't time waste enough or feign injuries as other teams do. and lastly, very little aggression or determination to win the 1st or 2nd ball.

Comment

Working...
                          X