Next Season's Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
    Ryan Fredricks at West ham is out of contract in the summer , he would be a good addition at right back , very good at getting forward.
    A great loan player , if we could get him is Cole Palmer Man City , attacking midfielder forward type , looks a brilliant prospect , only played a few games in the cup for them , so they might loan him for a season. He looks like a future England international .
    We should be going for a few loan players (yougsters) from clubs near the top of Premier league , rather than teams like Norwich etc .
    That way you get a player with something to prove and we only have to pay the wages , no transfer fee.
    I thought everyone hated loan players - or was that last week?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      I don't wish to put the boot into Warburton in every thread but I'm convinced he's #### at developing players. Therefore, I'd like to have a look at many of the "out" players on that list working under a talented coach. Obviously if Warburton is still here come August I broadly accept all the "outs" except Thomas.
      I'd actually say that developing players is one of Warburton's strengths, certainly in an attacking sense. He's helped improve and develop Eze, Samuel, Chair, Willock and now Amos. Whilst Hugill and Wells had their best scoring seasons in years and haven't gone on to do much since moving on.

For me he just lacks in tactical in game nouse. Often feels like he's decided what subs he's going to make before the games even started based on not 'over loading' the players. If we come up against a manager who can see how a game is panning out and make tactical changes to positively impact them, that's where I think Warbs comes unstuck.

Comment

You make a fair point QPR@5 he’s a decent manager but gets out thought in games sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by QPR@5 View Post

I'd actually say that developing players is one of Warburton's strengths, certainly in an attacking sense. He's helped improve and develop Eze, Samuel, Chair, Willock and now Amos. Whilst Hugill and Wells had their best scoring seasons in years and haven't gone on to do much since moving on.

For me he just lacks in tactical in game nouse. Often feels like he's decided what subs he's going to make before the games even started based on not 'over loading' the players. If we come up against a manager who can see how a game is panning out and make tactical changes to positively impact them, that's where I think Warbs comes unstuck.
          Warbs doesn't read games very and then adapt . Hear it all the time that teams have worked out the way we play . So why isn't he working them out . Some of his subs are mind boggling

Comment

Like I say, I'm sure the majority of the time he plans what subs he's going to make and when prior to kick off. He over complicates it for me, trying to be too clever and prevent fatigue, overloading blah blah, but that didn't do much good as we ended up with a ton of injuries anyway!

Definitely needs work on his in game management, maybe that's something Eustace needs to support more with, who knows.

But this was meant to be an exciting thread about what the squad could look like next season and potential signings lol

Comment

I personally believe that Willock, Chair, Dieng and either Dunne or Dickie will be gone obviously some out of contract too Barbet probably heading back to France, depends on incoming love to see the guy from Reading Joao but will probably be out of our price range, with others looking at him, only thing that may put clubs off is his injury record

Comment

Up to this season we had been developing players well but for whatever reason this has not been a good season for player development, Willock and Dunne aside. However it wasn't that long ago we didn't have a single player worth more than about a tenner so not all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

I thought everyone hated loan players - or was that last week?
                  Why would anyone hate loan players ? Unless they are'nt very good like Hendrick and Sanderson.
                  Wells and Hugill scored loads of goals on loan .
                  The loan players last season kept us up.
                  Two of our best players in last 12 years have been loans , Kyle Walker and Adel Tarrabt.
                  It would be great if we did'nt need loans and could buy or develop our own but we just don't have the money or the young players coming through. All the best youngsters are being snapped up by Premier league teams and we are just feeding off their scraps eg just signing youngsters that have been let go by them.
                  It works out cheaper to just pay the wages of a youngster on loan from a Prem team than to buy players , if you can get 2 or 3 decent youngsters on loan with something to prove , then you can be challenging for promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    I don't wish to put the boot into Warburton in every thread but I'm convinced he's #### at developing players. Therefore, I'd like to have a look at many of the "out" players on that list working under a talented coach. Obviously if Warburton is still here come August I broadly accept all the "outs" except Thomas.
                    I agree that he's naff at player development. At least I think he will give players a shot, but doesn't make the most out them.

Archer - release NOT SURE WHY, MAY ASWELL KEEP HIM
                    Westwood - not kept on - YEP
                    Walsh - loan - YEP
                    Kakay - sell - IN OUR DREAMS, LOAN BEST OPTION
                    Barbet - appears to be off to France - SHAME BUT SEEMS LIKELY
                    McCallum - back to Norwich - I'D SIGN HIM
                    Niko - release - CONTRACT TILL 2024?
                    Sanderson - back to Wolves - PROBABLY
                    Thomas - sell - I'M WITH ON KEEPING THIS LAD ON, I LIKE HIM
                    Ball - sell - I'D KEEP HIM AS SQUAD, CAN DO A JOB
                    Owens - release - SURE
                    Hendrick - back to Newcastle - SURE
                    Gray - back to Watford - SURE
                    Austin - HE CAN STILL DO A JOB WITH SERVICE, THOUGH HE NEEDS THE PLAYING STYLE TO SUIT HIM, WHICH IT CAN, IF IT DOESN'T MAY ASWELL STOP TRYING.

I think you're right, Warbs needs to decide, or have decided for him by being sacked, how he's going to setup next year. Some of these players may aswell be let go under his tenure, but if he's setting up 442 or similar, there is some good squad players and maybe a couple of 1st team picks there.

Comment

Main reason for releasing Archer and keeping Marshall as back up is didn't Archer recently get done for drink driving? Would rather Marshall if that's the case.
                      Might have been a bit optimistic hoping someone would sign Kakay but he did okay in Scotland on loan as did Niko. Just take no fee for them both and accept we messed up giving them both 4 year deals! Fed up of seeing Niko going on loan to LA or Brazil (how much have we paid this guy since his first pro contract)?!

McCallum no chance in signing as Norwich come down and paid around £3m for him. Not worth that anyway in my opinion.

Thomas, meh, runs around a lot but as an attacking player offers zero goal threat. Seems a nice guy but not good enough if we're serious about challenging for play offs.

The Austin argument is a tough one. He's obviously a QPR legend for what he achieved with us in his 1st spell and arguably for how he seemed to rejuvenate the squad (Dykes in particular) 2nd half of last season. However, for me he's come to QPR for his family and already has an eye on retirement with his horses and radio work. We shouldn't be paying him the wage we are for him to be as unfit as he is. There's no excuse for it really and the hunger just isn't there from him. Yes he'd be far better suited to playing with 2 wingers whipping the ball in the box for 90 minutes but we don't seem to ever play that way.

Comment

There’s a few from Derby we should try and get. Lawrence and the young right winger who terrorised McCallum

Comment

Yeah Malcolm Ebiowei who played right wing for Derby on Monday would be an exceptional signing and just what we need. Direct, pace and can take a player on. Unfortunately I think he'll have much bigger options than us this summer. Shame as I understand he played in both the Arsenal and Rangers academy so you'd like to think Banfield or Warbs might have known something about him.

Comment

Here's a few more I'd add to the list (can you tell I'm bored at work)?!

George Cox (Fortuna Sittard)
                            Cameron Brannagan (Oxford)
                            Harry Toffolo (Huddersfield)
                            Scott Twine (MK Dons)
                            Femi Azeez (Reading)
                            Andy Yiadom (Reading)
                            Jed Wallace (Millwall)
                            Alex Mighten (Notts Forest)

We should be taking advantage of teams like Reading who we are a few years ahead of in terms of cutting our cloth accordingly. I'd like to think we're in a position now where we can offer better contracts than a lot of the teams in the division and players will see us as a great place to develop and step up to the Prem.

It means another 10 new signings, which I'm not sure how realistic that is with whatever money we get for Willock... But a team like the below is something I'd like to see with Brannagan and Adebajo my 2 main targets.

GK = Dieng/Marshall
                            RB = Furlong/Odubajo
                            CB = Dickie/De Wijs
                            CB = Dunne/Hector
                            LB = Toffolo/Cox
                            CM = Field/Johansen
                            CM = Brannagan/Dozzell
                            RW = Kebano/Wallace
                            LW = Chair/Mighten
                            AM = Amos/Azeez
                            ST = Adebajo/Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                              There’s a few from Derby we should try and get. Lawrence and the young right winger who terrorised McCallum
                              Agree with Malcolm Ebiowei, only been with Derby since September 2021. Definitely should be considered. Out of contract June 2022 as well.

I'm not sure Tom Lawrence should be signed this summer. 28 years old. No resale value, wages will be high. I agreed with looking at him January this year when promotion looked possible. I'd prefer to look for younger players to develop and sell on for profit this summer.

Comment

According to West London sport;

Barbet wants to stay, but no offer yet made to him.

Austin signed a 1 year deal with another year if he made a certain number of appearances, but has not done so.

Wallace, Ball and Odebajo all out of contract too.

Once the loanees return and short term keepers go, we will need another big rebuild.

Something for any prospective manager to chew over and discuss budgets with Ferdinand and Hoos during interviews.

Without a decent budget getting in a good coach might be harder than we expect. Although some might see it as a real challenge.

Comment

Working...
                                X