Next Season's Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Season's Squad

Great to get back to winning ways yesterday! Unfortunately it looks to be too little too late and our recent poor form will see us fall short of the play offs. Shame as I think it was a poor league this season minus Fulham, and even they managed a few dodgy results against Reading, Derby etc.

Anyway, I really hope we don't have a complete overhaul of the team for next season and hopefully we can get away with selling only 1 of Dickie or Willock (I expect they would generate the highest transfer fees). So here's how I would like us to line up in a 4-2-3-1, with my thoughts on ins and outs!

Dieng
    New RB
    Dickie
    Dunne
    New LB
    Field
    New CM
    Chair
    Amos
    New RW
    Dykes

Hopefully we can keep the spine of the team together in Dieng, Dickie, Field, Chair & Dykes (ideally a better striker). If we manage to get say £12m for Willock, it appears we'd have to take that and hopefully unearth some good players, which is a tough ask to bring in 2 full backs, CM, winger and striker.

OUT
    Archer - release
    Westwood - not kept on
    Walsh - loan
    Kakay - sell
    Barbet - appears to be off to France
    McCallum - back to Norwich
    Niko - release
    Sanderson - back to Wolves
    Thomas - sell
    Ball - sell
    Owens - release
    Hendrick - back to Newcastle
    Gray - back to Watford
    Austin - if he loves QPR as much as he claims, hopefully he'll agree he's no longer good enough for this level and fancies a last year at Swindon

That's a lot of players to try and get off the books and I would look to keep the likes of Marshall, Wallace, Odubajo, Adomah, Johansen & Dozzell as squad players.

Here's just a few players I'd like us to take a look at from within the Championship. I'd like to think the board, manager, scouts etc. are searching a lot further and wider than me looking at Championship squads on the Sky Sports app.

IN
    Nathaniel Chalobah (Fulham)
    Ivan Cavaleiro (Fulham)
    Michael Hector (Fulham)
    Neeskens Kabano (Fulham)
    Nahki Wells (Bristol City)
    Jay Daysilva (Bristol Cuty)
    Elijah Adebayo (Luton)
    Alex Mighten (Notts Forest)
    Viktor Gyokeres (Coventry)
    Marcus Forss (Brentford)
    Lucas Joao (Reading)
    Ovie Ejaria (Reading)

Who else would people like to see us take an interest in this summer?

I agree pretty much with players to keep.

Outgoing players, we'd have to pay Kakay and Niko to leave us. Under contract till 2024

Comment

Malcolm Ebiowei, Derby

Comment

Good post and i agree with a lot of it.
        I would like us to keep Willock unless we get a good offer.
        I would sell Dickie if anyone wants him and get a new centre half and keep Masterson and De wijs as back up.
        I agree with the formation of 4231 it suits our players . The three behind the forward would be Chair / Amos / Willock and try and sign another player of that type to rotate with them.
        I would like us to get a new centre forward with a bit of pace , maybe a young player on loan from the Premier league and keep dykes as back up unless anyone wants to buy him.
        We definately need 2 new full backs.
        But most of all we need a new manager.

Comment

I agree, it would be great to keep Willock and have Chair, Willock and Amos behind a new striker, as long as there is another option to Amos ideally someone with a lot of pace where we never replaced Osayi-Samuel.

​​​​​​I get the feeling the plan was to sell Dickie in the summer for £8/9m and use some of that money to bring in Sanderson. I see the logic in that as a Dickie and Dunne pairing is painfully slow, but Sanderson has failed to make an impact thus far so hopefully they're looking at alternatives.

Also agree I would love to keep De Wijs, he brings the ball out of the back and plays through the lines which we've also missed in my opinion.

Comment

I'd keep Archer, very decent to me ......Dykes really, ain't he bog average big man with no stature to me deffo agree with new RB, LB, Wing backs etc but also need a driver in midfield an aggressive but direct midfielder Rowlands type! I'd keep Albert also as I think hes a good presence around the club and Christ almighty play him where he's played all his career Forward/attacking midfielder not full back when has he ever played full back when hes at a club without a decent one yes !!

Comment

Oh I'd cash in on Dickie as you say painfully slow I prefer Dunne anyway as a C/H

Comment

I can't make my mind up on Dykes... A lot of the time he looks like he's never played or seen a football in his life but I still think he's got something about him. Put quality players behind him and he makes a real nuisance of himself to free up a lot of space. Similar to what Hugill was able to do last season.

Got an assist yesterday, was unlucky not to have another with Amos' disallowed goal in the first half. If Chair finds him near the end of the game he would have had a goal to his name too. Don't get a lot for £2m these days, especially with strikers so he's a keep for me, albeit hopefully as back up to a main striker.

I'd also love to have Nahki Wells back. He just suits QPR and brings a completely different option to Dykes. Wells is great at dropping deep and playing neat 2 touch football which would allow Willock, Chair, Amos to get beyond him.

Adebajo, Dykes and Wells the perfect 3 for me

Comment

Looks like you have got it sorted son, keep an eye on the jobs vacancy sites, there's going to be a managerial job coming up at QPR in the next few weeks !!!

Comment

Ryan Fredricks at West ham is out of contract in the summer , he would be a good addition at right back , very good at getting forward.
                    A great loan player , if we could get him is Cole Palmer Man City , attacking midfielder forward type , looks a brilliant prospect , only played a few games in the cup for them , so they might loan him for a season. He looks like a future England international .
                    We should be going for a few loan players (yougsters) from clubs near the top of Premier league , rather than teams like Norwich etc .
                    That way you get a player with something to prove and we only have to pay the wages , no transfer fee.

Comment

I'd like to see more of Moses and Mcallum in this flat 4, they've been better. Maybe only squad, but not sure we'd find much better. As WB's both have been poor.

I guess I agree with alot of the OP but it depends on what formation / instructions occur on the pitch. If playing WB's we need an overhaul.

If going more traditional we are almost there. A good striker and some options on the wings and we've got a bloody good squad.

Comment

Ryan Fredericks would be great if we stick to the wing backs formation, not so sure if we revert to a back 4 but good to have options for both. Would love to explore the possibility of getting Furlong back, seems to be out of favour with the fans at WBA. Should never have sold him in the first place as our longest serving player at the time and real connections to the club.

Definitely agree on prem loans, criminal really that we don't take advantage of the Chelsea academy prospects!

Comment

will depend to an extent who the manager will be and formation we are looking at. Either which way need:

RB and LB x 2. Complete replacement.
                          Wingers x 1
                          Strikers x 2

and possibly replacements for any main players who leave.

CD we have options even with Barbet going, an army of central midfielders.

Will be some good freebies available, chuck in a couple of good loans and job done.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR@5 View Post
                            Ryan Fredericks would be great if we stick to the wing backs formation, not so sure if we revert to a back 4 but good to have options for both. Would love to explore the possibility of getting Furlong back, seems to be out of favour with the fans at WBA. Should never have sold him in the first place as our longest serving player at the time and real connections to the club.

Definitely agree on prem loans, criminal really that we don't take advantage of the Chelsea academy prospects!
                            When you think of the Chelsea youngsters that have been on loan.
                            Guehi and Gallagher both now at Palace
                            Lamptey at Brighton
                            James and Mount now in their first team
                            The centre half that went to AC Milan
                            Tammy Abraham at Roma
                            The centre forward at Southampton
                            and probably a load more i can't think of , all started out on loan at teams like Wigan , Swansea , Derby and they all done well , we should definately look to take advantage.
                            They've got an attacking midfielder called Harvey Vale that is worth a look.
                            Troy Parrot from Spurs a forward could be worth a look , on loan at MK Dons at the moment.
                            Arsenal have got a young creative midfielder that they reckon will be the next big thing , can't remember his name.

Comment

I don't wish to put the boot into Warburton in every thread but I'm convinced he's #### at developing players. Therefore, I'd like to have a look at many of the "out" players on that list working under a talented coach. Obviously if Warburton is still here come August I broadly accept all the "outs" except Thomas.

Comment

Working...
                              X