What’s happened to Chaz ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s happened to Chaz ??

Chaz…. Permanent bench warmer, seems to have lost his way completely, when he does get a few sub minutes he looks absolutely shot ….WHY ?

1, he’s not fit
    2, warbs playing no width makes him and all cf look poor and often he’s alone up front
    3, he drops into midfield way to often looking for the ball
    4, warbs may of lost faith in him

5 you could say all the squad have been poor since end of January and all lack confidence

Comment

He isn't suited to playing one up top and our service to strikers has been awful. Also injuries seem to have taken their toll on pace and mobility.

I still believe that under a different manager in the right system he could be a useful option to have up front (but not starting every game) with someone else and an important influence in the dressing room.

Overall we need a shake up in the summer and if done well a number of our players can potentially get back on track.

Comment

Like most premiership footballers he has earned more money than he knows what to do with.

In his case, I coming around to the conclusion that he just can't be arsed anymore.

I will be very happy to be proved wrong.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Chaz will always be a QPR legend, yet these past few months seem to suggest it's time to hang up his cleats. Like others have said above, praying to be proved wrong.

Comment

With his radio work he already has one eye on retirement.

Rather than doing this work he should be working on his fitness, reactions and speed.

If he donr wont the put the effort in, or his legs have gone, he should retire and become our attacking coach.

Comment

All of the above, agreed

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                He isn't suited to playing one up top and our service to strikers has been awful. Also injuries seem to have taken their toll on pace and mobility.

I still believe that under a different manager in the right system he could be a useful option to have up front (but not starting every game) with someone else and an important influence in the dressing room.

Overall we need a shake up in the summer and if done well a number of our players can potentially get back on track.
                I agree and just can’t understand why Warburton didn’t stick with the formation that transformed last season with Austin and Dykes up front with either Chair or Willock behind them in a free role.

In midfield, Field with Johansen.

Comment

Flip the question around and name a player who has thrived and done well under Warburton in 2022. Warburton has decimated our team spirit and manifestly disaffected several players.

The players are well paid and ought to be professional enough to get on with their jobs of course so Chaz must look at himself too.

If Warburton goes over the summer it will be extremely interesting to see if Chaz (and others) end up reinvigorated and back on song under a new gaffer. Having Chaz, Dykes, Stef, Dickie with a spring in their steps would be like making four quality new signings.

Comment

Chas is unfit he's never been quick but is now really slow . Lack of quality balls and service doesn't help . Constant moaning , slack finishing . Needs to stay off Twitter and talksport and concentrate on his football

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      Flip the question around and name a player who has thrived and done well under Warburton in 2022. Warburton has decimated our team spirit and manifestly disaffected several players.
                      This is a good point, though you could counter we haven't seen team spirit as good as it was until post Afcon, since 2010.

Chaz was never going to perform well with a system like this. He needs a partner, and he needs the ball getting crossed and passed into dangerous areas.

The fact he is getting older is not helping, he was never quick, ever. He does not look fit at the moment, but I don't think he ever really did. He's certainly looked sharper, but who can blame him when he's been given nothing to sharpen he's teeth on.

The Derby game this season proved Chaz is still there, but I fear we have missed the chance to benefit from him in his last years by not using him as a striker like him should be used. The way we setup we need pace and strength combined up top.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

The players are well paid and ought to be professional enough to get on with their jobs of course so Chaz must look at himself too.

If Warburton goes over the summer it will be extremely interesting to see if Chaz (and others) end up reinvigorated and back on song under a new gaffer. Having Chaz, Dykes, Stef, Dickie with a spring in their steps would be like making four quality new signings.
                        Dieng and Willock

Comment

Forget about Chaz, there seems to be an obsession with the geezer on here, Legend he WAS and will always have the hearts of all Rangers fans But that Chaz has long gone, the man is shot to pieces, he's made his dough, will be comfortable for the rest of his life and he's got other interests now, he has earned what he has, I wish him well in everything he does in life, but a quality footballer he is no more, move on for f ucks sake

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                            Forget about Chaz, there seems to be an obsession with the geezer on here, Legend he WAS and will always have the hearts of all Rangers fans But that Chaz has long gone, the man is shot to pieces, he's made his dough, will be comfortable for the rest of his life and he's got other interests now, he has earned what he has, I wish him well in everything he does in life, but a quality footballer he is no more, move on for f ucks sake
                            You maybe right, but for the sake of Charlie's 'legacy' i think it's important to put the majority of the blame for his poor season, toward the end of his career down to poor tactics, poor service and poor management of him as a player, about 25% each, and we can stick 25% on Charlie for not being able to adapt. Under utilised asset.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

You maybe right, but for the sake of Charlie's 'legacy' i think it's important to put the majority of the blame for his poor season, toward the end of his career down to poor tactics, poor service and poor management of him as a player, about 25% each, and we can stick 25% on Charlie for not being able to adapt. Under utilised asset.
                              What about his lack of fitness , huffing and puffing every time he runs 10 yards

Comment

Working...
                              X