Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality

8 points out of last 39 available in league after going out cup at Peterborough.
    Sliding down league at breakneck speed.
    I don't have answers but why has this happened??

See the previous threads on Warburton for the answers you are looking for.

In short , the poor January transfer window and Warburton sticking to his 3 CBs and 1 striker formation which only worked earlier in the season when both Willock and Chair were on good form.

However, the team has struggled since QPR used Covid as an excuse to postpone games in December and although they managed a decent unbeaten January (with the aid of a few somewhat lucky late wins), they have been on a poor run that resembles the 1st half of last season.

Comment

Bad manager, indifferent attitude by some of the players, no balls when the going got tough, playing players out of position, playing players who are out of form and confidence, totally irrational substitutions, a tactical system that needs speed and drive of which there was none, terrible moves in the transfer window in January,a reluctance to bring in some of the younger players and at least try something different-------

Feel free to add anything I may have missed

Comment

Binning off lads like dom ball and dozzell who played their part in a good start and keeping them involved shouldn't be forgotten. Picking favourites even when players aren't fit. Dropping barbet cos he wouldn't sign a new deal but happy to play gray who won't be here next year.

Comment

Agree with the last two posts. If I had to rank order the top 2 reasons in order of fans' frustration: (1) MW's tactical and selection stubbornness which he used to criticize any, all who disagreed with him; (2) Playing favorites -- defending Stefan despite ploddingly horrific play is galling.

Comment

My view is that the trouble with our experienced players like Chaz, Andre Gray, Stef etc that when it’s going well they are great but when things aren’t they become disruptive.

Chaz and Stef in particular have been awful and loaning out Jordy was a mistake

Chair has been woeful since coming back from the Afcon and seems very sulky attitude wise

injury to Willock is massive in a negative way

No goalies hasn’t helped either

Hendrik and Sanderson have offered very little

A big big shame and a huge opportunity missed

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
              8 points out of last 39 available in league after going out cup at Peterborough.
              Sliding down league at breakneck speed.
              I don't have answers but why has this happened??
              I have never seen a drop off like this before, from a team a point off second.
              Yes I've seen numerous hoops teams do this, but in lower league positions, par for the course.
              I always remember the great man Sir Warnock of Cornwall's mantra.
              Find a way, and his teams did.
              This lot couldn't find their own arses in the dark

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                My view is that the trouble with our experienced players like Chaz, Andre Gray, Stef etc that when it’s going well they are great but when things aren’t they become disruptive.

Chaz and Stef in particular have been awful and loaning out Jordy was a mistake

Chair has been woeful since coming back from the Afcon and seems very sulky attitude wise

injury to Willock is massive in a negative way

No goalies hasn’t helped either

Hendrik and Sanderson have offered very little

A big big shame and a huge opportunity missed
                think thats pretty spot on.

Comment

Hughton?

2 promotions- I think harshly sacked twice- maybe lost his confidence subsequently-thoughts

Comment

Every man no matter what walk of life they walk, has limitations, some are higher than others, I think he has reached his limit with us, not to say he may not come again with another team, but with us he's at the end, it's just the way life is

Comment

The form of some players plus the understanding from the players picked in the formation they are put in. It was great while it lasted, wasn't it?

Comment

Down to 11th now after Coventry win over Fulham.

Comment

Was thinking Hughton earlier. Did great things with Brighton and lot of experience at this level. Only concern would be is he another old school type and would we be better off with a young or foreign manager with fresh ideas?

Comment

Daniel Farke all day long

Comment

No engine room and 15 passes between the defenders allowing the opposing team to get into shape . Lack of quality in the middle . Charlie gone to pot and Lyndon the touch of a elephant and couldn't trap a bag of sand .... I could go on

Comment

Working...
                              X