Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we keep Willock and Dieng and are they all that anyway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Yes I know but my point was they are not going to be here next season.

Although if he were to take a pay cut to make him affordable to QPR I would offer a contract of 1 or 2 years to Gray. He is joint top scorer and given decent service is capable of getting 15-20 a season.

As For Lincoln Ranger wanting to keep Kakay, are you sure. He isn’t much better than Hamalainen as a full or wing back.

We need to find full backs like Djed Spence.
    Totally agree mate, 100%. But I’d keep Kakay ahead of Odubajo for the reasons above. Plus he’s probably on less money than Odubajo aswell. Every cloud and all that!

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Totally agree mate, 100%. But I’d keep Kakay ahead of Odubajo for the reasons above. Plus he’s probably on less money than Odubajo aswell. Every cloud and all that!
      Kakays positional play is terrible , they teach u as a kid to stay goal side of the attacker ... He never picked that up and that's a basic to a defender. To old to learn now

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

Kakays positional play is terrible , they teach u as a kid to stay goal side of the attacker ... He never picked that up and that's a basic to a defender. To old to learn now
        I was told the same as a LB - also your not good enough to cross the half way line!!

But these guys are wing backs and if we lose possession when we shouldnt these guys can the wrong side when in those plays they've been told to push forward. But you're right if we're defending at the time and hes still the wrong side.

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Get rid of all our full backs/wing backs. They are all useless. Shouldn't be hard to find young quick lads in leagues 1 or 2 and sign them up. Kakay, moses, Wallace have no real pace or ability on the ball. None can keep fit and are hopeless at getting up and down the pitch. Uncle is a winger. End of. Go and buy 2 full backs and 2 wingers. Problem solved

Comment

keep willock and dieng.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              I'm intrigued how we'd get shot of Chaz (1 yr left on contract) and Stef (2 yr left on contract). I'd say we're well and truly stuck with them and their bloated wages too.

Our best hope is that they've taken against Warburton and downed tools but they'll stop sulking when Warbs departs and a new bloke arrives.

Willock is out of contract at end of next season. We need to extend that contract ASAP or face his transfer value falling off a cliff after this Summer.
              Willock contract ends 2023 with 1 year club option. We're in strong position.

Comment

interesting information

Comment

Depends on who the next manager is.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Keep them both if possible but I wouldn't begrudge them both moves to better clubs to progress thier careers, but the money must be good for us, I'd love Willock to stay on for at least another season, under a different manager, he has been a shining light this season, and I have no doubt he will get better,remains to be seen what happens

Comment

Them both being injured and our fall off in form, we would probably be offered less than their valuations.

Clearly obviously if we have any ambitions for next season, both would be essential elements of the team and squad.

But contracts for Austin and Johansen may mean we will have to sell others.

We need keep Amos, Field, Dunne and Chair also and if we could get McCallum also.

If Dieng does go, think we should attempt get Marshall here. Was impressive during his stint here.

Willock deserves an improved contract, but could see a premier league outfit coming in for him and offer wages we could not match.

Hard to see sadly he will still be here. If he is, it will be statement of intent by the club that we will be going for it next season, but personally believe this was meant to be that season, so next season, we will need cut back.

Only another inspired bit scouting could Willock be replaceable in this squad. But the time for that was this January and we got in Jeffrey....

Comment

The other post mentions: McCallum (poss), Moses, Amos, Thomas, Dozzell and Ilias.

The above adds: Field, Dunne,

Plus Willock and Dieng

That's almost a team. OK, there are duplications in positions, and reserves are needed,. And a couple of sales may be needed, but with all those, how far short of a decent team are we?

Comment

We have a small squad, with some older players, some with established injury problems and some in their prime. All of that "balance" is needed based on the budget and dictates our slow play to minimise injuries.

I would like to see more players in the 23-28 yr old bracket in next seasons squad that will allow us to play with more intensity. But that will cost money and I suspect Dieng and Willock sales will fund that. I also think Glasgow Rangers will make an offer for Dykes if Morelos moves on.

Despite the run of results I'm happy to see Warbs there next season, but will support a change if the Board want to freshen things up a bit. No idea who would come to us with the budget we have, perhaps we've already got the best man.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                            The other post mentions: McCallum (poss), Moses, Amos, Thomas, Dozzell and Ilias.

The above adds: Field, Dunne,

Plus Willock and Dieng

That's almost a team. OK, there are duplications in positions, and reserves are needed,. And a couple of sales may be needed, but with all those, how far short of a decent team are we?
                            We are not far off at all. We just need to play to the players we have strengths.

We need some additions for sure but we're not far off a very good side, as proven at the start of this season there is some real talent here, just got to stop wasting it.

Comment

Working...
                            X