Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we keep Willock and Dieng and are they all that anyway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we keep Willock and Dieng and are they all that anyway?

Fans seem pretty united in holding Willock up as our star player, with Seny floating about the cobversation also, and i don't disagree.

This run of form combined with the injuries is probably enough to keep hold of them, they've taken themselves / we have taken them out of the shop window, so any move would probably be sideways or backwards.

Maybe one of tiny good things about this terrible run as that we may keep our foundation for next season. a solid but unsuccessful play off campaign such as losing in the final would probably see them off to bigger things.

What do you reckon, we keeping them or are they going? If we lose them, is it black hawk down for the spine of this team?

I See Seny, Dunne, Amos and Willock as our key players moving into next year.

We made a loss last season of £3.5m when £16m hit the accounts for the Eze sale.

Wanting to keep players and being able to afford doing so are two separate things. I shudder to think how much we're paying for Austin, Gray nd Hendrick every week....surely best part of £60k a week, which is a huge investment that hasnt come off. The whole squad needs a refresh and we need to get the old and sick out.

I can see Dieng (£8m) Dickie (£5m), Willock (£15m) and Dykes(£5m) being sold. There weren't any offers for Chair last season and I'd be amazed if there were any this season either.

Comment

If Willock has to spend another year playing with this Mark Warburton side then it would be a travesty! Deserves a decent move and even as a rangers fan I wouldn't want that to be delayed
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I would try and keep them. I doubt that Warburton will be at QPR next season so Willock will not have to play in his side. Only getting into the playoffs will trigger a new deal for Warburton.

as for the wages paid to Gray and Hendrick, they are on loan.

I am hoping that Newcastle buy Eze from Palace and we get a slice of the fee to enable us not to sell players we want to keep.

P.s. Surely the amount of our games shown live on Sky (I have lost count but maybe about 25-30%) should mean we’ve been paid about £1.5m more than last season.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          If Willock has to spend another year playing with this Mark Warburton side then it would be a travesty! Deserves a decent move and even as a rangers fan I wouldn't want that to be delayed
          Agree Willcocks been by far our best player all season if he hadn’t played another game since new year. He’d still be player of the year,, there is no way Willcock Dieng will be here next season, Chair maybe he’s been a real disappointment since the turn of the year, not enough end product from him could lose a few more Dunne, Dickie, too ?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

as for the wages paid to Gray and Hendrick, they are on loan.
            Yes, but not free to us. Even if we're paying 50% of their wages the pair of them might still be costing us £40k a week in wages and loan fees.

Comment

Good post. Believe we should do everything we can to build around the core of Dieng, Dunne, Field and Willock. Give Chair one more season to prove he can become a more complete player. Dykes is puzzling; see a real player there but clearly he's given up on MW, this system of play. Think Duke-McKenna, Bettache, Masterson and one of the young strikers should be brought into the first team over the summer. Draft a CM a la Joey Barton who's unafraid to control the midfield.

Comment

Ideal would be to keep our best players and see if a different manager/style can improve them further. However I have to say I agree we will likely have to sell at least a couple and they must be front runners for that. Rest have either stalled or gone backwards.

Over our purple patch second half of last season/first half of this Willock and Chair provided the spark. Assuming Willock goes if a new manager can get Chair back on track could be an important player for us again. Get in a couple of decent Championship standard wingers either on free or loan and hopefully the supply to strikers will improve.

Sell a couple, do some effective wheeling and dealing in the summer and things may look more positive by the start of next season.

Comment

It is dead certain we have to sell to keep losses in check and to afford renewing the squad. Willock will leave if there is a decent bid north of £10m. Dieng also likely to leave.

Comment

Fairly certain most of this side will change by September. With any luck with the manager as well.

Comment

The only really decent players we have that could step up a level are these 2! Why would we want to sell either? It’s loads of the other dross in the squad we SHOULD be looking to offload!

Just a rough think, but a SQUAD built around the following would be a start :

In

Dieng, Walsh, Mahoney
                      Kakay, Dickie, Dunne, Barbet
                      Amos, Ball, Field, Dozzell, Bettache
                      Thomas, Chair, Willock, Adomah, Duke McKenzie
                      Dykes, Armstrong

Out

Marshall, Archer, Westwood
                      Wallace, McCallum, Odubajo, Sanderson, Haameleinen
                      Johanssen, Owens, Hendrick
                      Austin, Gray

We need an ATTACKING marquee signing to lift the fans. A player of the quality of Wallace (Millwall), Swift (Reading), Lawrence (Derby). A player who can win a game on his own. Someone decent at dead ball delivery (NOT Chair!)

Additionally why not go back and ask the availability of taking Eze back on a season loan? He’s clearly not fancied by Viera as he’s getting very little game time. Must be worth a punt.

At least 2 young strikers with pace, who can play 90 mins not 60 and who know where the net is.

At least 2 better young attacking full backs/wing backs who also posess pace, can cross a ball and miss the first defender and chip in with a few goals aswell.

Finally, a MF general in the mould of Obrien (Huddersfield) or Reed (Fools) who can run and dictate the play in a game.

A lot of change and a big ask, but this squad needs a serious rebuild again with the slow ponderous players needing to be moved on and a more younger, pacier, attacking emphasis instilled.

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
                        The only really decent players we have that could step up a level are these 2! Why would we want to sell either? It’s loads of the other dross in the squad we SHOULD be looking to offload!

Just a rough think, but a SQUAD built around the following would be a start :

In

Dieng, Walsh, Mahoney
                        Kakay, Dickie, Dunne, Barbet
                        Amos, Ball, Field, Dozzell, Bettache
                        Thomas, Chair, Willock, Adomah, Duke McKenzie
                        Dykes, Armstrong

Out

Marshall, Archer, Westwood
                        Wallace, McCallum, Odubajo, Sanderson, Haameleinen
                        Johanssen, Owens, Hendrick
                        Austin, Gray

We need an ATTACKING marquee signing to lift the fans. A player of the quality of Wallace (Millwall), Swift (Reading), Lawrence (Derby). A player who can win a game on his own. Someone decent at dead ball delivery (NOT Chair!)

Additionally why not go back and ask the availability of taking Eze back on a season loan? He’s clearly not fancied by Viera as he’s getting very little game time. Must be worth a punt.

At least 2 young strikers with pace, who can play 90 mins not 60 and who know where the net is.

At least 2 better young attacking full backs/wing backs who also posess pace, can cross a ball and miss the first defender and chip in with a few goals aswell.

Finally, a MF general in the mould of Obrien (Huddersfield) or Reed (Fools) who can run and dictate the play in a game.

A lot of change and a big ask, but this squad needs a serious rebuild again with the slow ponderous players needing to be moved on and a more younger, pacier, attacking emphasis instilled.
                        Interesting you would Keep Kakay and Get rid of Odubajo!

Seriously! ??

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yes, but not free to us. Even if we're paying 50% of their wages the pair of them might still be costing us £40k a week in wages and loan fees.
                          Yes I know but my point was they are not going to be here next season.

Although if he were to take a pay cut to make him affordable to QPR I would offer a contract of 1 or 2 years to Gray. He is joint top scorer and given decent service is capable of getting 15-20 a season.

As For Lincoln Ranger wanting to keep Kakay, are you sure. He isn’t much better than Hamalainen as a full or wing back.

We need to find full backs like Djed Spence.

Comment

I'm intrigued how we'd get shot of Chaz (1 yr left on contract) and Stef (2 yr left on contract). I'd say we're well and truly stuck with them and their bloated wages too.

Our best hope is that they've taken against Warburton and downed tools but they'll stop sulking when Warbs departs and a new bloke arrives.

Willock is out of contract at end of next season. We need to extend that contract ASAP or face his transfer value falling off a cliff after this Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

Interesting you would Keep Kakay and Get rid of Odubajo!

Seriously! ??
                              Yes. Kakay although hasn’t been brilliant when he has played this season is still young, developing, has potential and he’s one of our own. I’d keep him as back up and as a squad player as he can play both RB and CH.

Odubajo on the other hand has had plenty of opportunities this season and flattered to deceive on many occasion. He has age against him, he’s injury prone, is sloppy with his passing, gets caught out of position on countless occasions and cannot cross a ball for toffee! He had one decent game vs ManUre in the pre season friendly, scored that worldie and we all thought, wow! We have a player here. But he has simply not delivered. We need youth and pace in our team.

Comment

Working...
                              X