When did it all go wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did it all go wrong?

If you had to pick a time when the wheels started wobbling.

For me It's a little of going into the season under gunned, we should've invested in this style of play with players that suited it in the summer, ie wingbacks.

But the real turning point that led to where we are was the Jan window, we failed miserably and I feel the blame for that lies across the higher echelon of the club, each taking a share of it.

Ultimately Warbs could be trying some better tactics but if the last two windows had seen players brought in to play to this system, considering how dead set he is on playing it, I think we'd be better off.
    Before the season started, squad under gunned, not enough depth, summer window poor.
    15.00%
    January window
    70.00%
    When Seny / Willock got injured
    5.00%
    Another point (Please comment and I'll add to list)
    0%
    Immediately after AFCON
    10.00%

There wasn't enough money in the pot to buy the lad from Swansea. I think they wanted £1m with six months left on his contract. We were rumoured to have offered £250k. He was supposed to be the creative player we were after and got Hendrick instead.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      There wasn't enough money in the pot to buy the lad from Swansea. I think they wanted £1m with six months left on his contract. We were rumoured to have offered £250k. He was supposed to be the creative player we were after and got Hendrick instead.
      I think he would've been a good signing but I feel the flanks are where we've really needed new blood, would've taken pressure off the midfield and given our strikers some opportunities.

Comment

Playing like we are 2 nil up when we are 2 nil down .Not knowing when to sit on a lead , like at pboro in league game should of settled for the point instead our slow defenders sitting on half way couldn't catch dembele . That's a example of lack of game management. Playing the.likes of field , Hendrick , chair and Johansen in the same team I'm faster than all of them and I'm the wrong side of 50

Comment

Could probably list another 25 reasons . No one mistake/ reason has caused our poor form

Comment

Multiple reasons, agreed, but not bringing in another striker in January sticks out for me, Sanderson and Hendrick have not worked out in this team and we didn't really need them at that time, whereas Dykes has been out for most of this year, Charlie is shot to pieces and Gray only plays when he feels like it, and spits the dummy if things don't go his way.
            Chair as good as he can be at times is selfish and wasteful with the ball a lot of the time, losing Chris Willock hurt us big time as well,

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
              Multiple reasons, agreed, but not bringing in another striker in January sticks out for me, Sanderson and Hendrick have not worked out in this team and we didn't really need them at that time, whereas Dykes has been out for most of this year, Charlie is shot to pieces and Gray only plays when he feels like it, and spits the dummy if things don't go his way.
              Chair as good as he can be at times is selfish and wasteful with the ball a lot of the time, losing Chris Willock hurt us big time as well,
              Of course it's multiple reasons but for me there are afew stand out points in the season. You could add in the false sense of grandeur we had during Afcon contributing to the downfall, as things seemed pretty good then, but quite afew had noticed we were hardly convincing in that period. So when lady luck didn't go our way we crashed harder.

We could have brought in Arguero in Jan and we wouldn't have scored more, we are not getting the balls into the box. A striker would have been great, any attacking threat would have been useful but we need pacey wingbacks who can go at the opposition and cross the ball to play the way Warbs wants to. Had two windows to get them in and instead, we didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

I think he would've been a good signing but I feel the flanks are where we've really needed new blood, would've taken pressure off the midfield and given our strikers some opportunities.
                I disagree that there wasn’t enough in the pot when talking about perhaps an other 500k . It is hardly going to tip QPR into a huge debt by finding that extra money.

they might even have spent some money on agents to do the pointless loan deals of Hendrick, Sanderson and even loaning out Masterson and DeWijs.

The window was a disaster and imo has cost us a minimum of 9 points with a draw against Hull and defeats to Blackburn Cardiff and Peterborough. All of these could have been won if we had a creative attacker to at least bring on as a sub. I can accept defeats at Forest Sheffield United and Fulham, but no the the others.

whether it was down to Warburton the board or all of them above him, they have thrown in the towel.

Comment

When Chair came back from AFCON, had won 4 out of the 5 games while he was away, he played very little football there, and Amos had found a bit of form at the time ,as soon as he returned the Breadman puts him straight back in been downhill since then, also poor to not boost the squad with another striker during the window, Hendrick not needed, having 3 keepers injured hasn't helped, Willock's injury loss has really hit us, and oh of course the Breadmans stubbornness of not to play any other way teams sussed out our slow lethargic football, press us and we're knackered, because its all too slow

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                    When Chair came back from AFCON, had won 4 out of the 5 games while he was away, he played very little football there, and Amos had found a bit of form at the time ,as soon as he returned the Breadman puts him straight back in been downhill since then, also poor to not boost the squad with another striker during the window, Hendrick not needed, having 3 keepers injured hasn't helped, Willock's injury loss has really hit us, and oh of course the Breadmans stubbornness of not to play any other way teams sussed out our slow lethargic football, press us and we're knackered, because its all too slow
                    Adding this as that is when results started taking a downward spiral

Comment

After Reading set a spell on us for thumping them 4-0

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Of course it's multiple reasons but for me there are afew stand out points in the season. You could add in the false sense of grandeur we had during Afcon contributing to the downfall, as things seemed pretty good then, but quite afew had noticed we were hardly convincing in that period. So when lady luck didn't go our way we crashed harder.

We could have brought in Arguero in Jan and we wouldn't have scored more, we are not getting the balls into the box. A striker would have been great, any attacking threat would have been useful but we need pacey wingbacks who can go at the opposition and cross the ball to play the way Warbs wants to. Had two windows to get them in and instead, we didn't.
                        It's odds on I think that we won't be playing " the Warburton way" too much longer

Comment

Fine margins - 3 games all at home - Bristol city , Cardiff and Peterborough- 9 points from those games and everything would be looking a lot better

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

It's odds on I think that we won't be playing " the Warburton way" too much longer
                            Wouldn’t say it’s odds on Warbs won’t be here, I’d like to think they will give him another season to try & get us up & back him in transfer window, but don’t get any naff Hendrick type players, we need pace

Comment

It hasn't all gone wrong. It's just a case of Warburton has taken us as far as he can. He's had plenty of time, loads of time by modern day standards in fact but we're not quite there in terms of being genuine top 6 contenders. It then simply comes down to whether or not you believe Warburton could improve things next season. I guess most people would look at current squad and performance levels and decide there's nothing to suggest that Warburton has the ability to improve matters and it's time to give someone else a go.

I can't personally see him being here next season BUT I wouldn't be totally shocked if the board offered him another rolling year, particularly if there are no decent candidates available right now to take over from him.

Comment

Working...
                              X