Summer clear out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    Am I in the minority of not seeing what Dozzell brings to the team, because so far he is the invisible man in midfield.

I also think that we should keep Marshall as back up. As for Austin, he needs to play alongside another striker as he did last season with Dykes.

If we get 8 figure offers for Dykes, Chair and Dickie I would accept them.
    The stock of those three must be dropping and it's hard to see £10m + for these at the moment. More like £7-8m from a rich championship club. Willock is the only one that could make it in the premiership from recent performance so I think hes the top valued one at £15m.

As I've said recently, I could see Dyked heading north to Rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      Am I in the minority of not seeing what Dozzell brings to the team, because so far he is the invisible man in midfield.

I also think that we should keep Marshall as back up. As for Austin, he needs to play alongside another striker as he did last season with Dykes.

If we get 8 figure offers for Dykes, Chair and Dickie I would accept them.
      Dozzel has been poor but he hasn't had a good run in the team and he's probably lacking in confidence at the moment.
      He is good technically but his energy and work rate lets him down but to be fair you could say the whole team lacks that.
      He is only young so hopefully he will improve under a new manager next season.
      I think you'd get 4 to 5 mill for Chair and Probably 3 mill for Dykes and Dickie and i would accept those offers.
      Chair is too much of a luxury player and we already have Willock , who is a much better team player.
      Dykes is not likely to get you loads of goals each year and is'nt very good at holding the ball up.
      Dickie is so slow and not aggressive enough to play in a back four , so would like us to sell him as well.
      There are a lot of Championship players out of contract and probably some from league one that we could get for nothing . Invest in a pacey forward if we sell those three and get some Premier league youngsters on loan and you never know.

Comment

Don't think all doom and gloom. We have just lost our way a bit over the last couple of months and will likely not recover over the rest of the season so will end up around the middle. Ignoring for the moment we will likely lose some players we would rather keep we have good goalie, a decent back up (Archer) and a youngster, Three centre backs who are decent at this level, loads of central midfielders who can do a job at this level. Chair and Willock can add spark and Dykes if he can have a less injury ravaged season can be good at this level. Full backs are car crash to me and we need decent Championship level full backs plus back up. Willock and Chair as spark not enough on their own. Need decent Championship level winger and maybe a loan. Striker wise one decent permanent signing and a good Premiership youngster on loan.

Sounds a lot but as has been said will be any number of players available in the summer and with the right wheeling and dealing and a favour or two from the Premiership in terms of loans is possible.

Other thing we need is some flexibility in how we play, not same set up game after game. All good teams can swap things around even if it is say from three centre backs and one up top to more old school 4-4-2 when we need to.

Also need to look at our youngsters as none have broken through this season and not even sure if any are anywhere near being on the brink.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

Dozzel has been poor but he hasn't had a good run in the team and he's probably lacking in confidence at the moment.
          He is good technically but his energy and work rate lets him down but to be fair you could say the whole team lacks that.
          He is only young so hopefully he will improve under a new manager next season.
          I think you'd get 4 to 5 mill for Chair and Probably 3 mill for Dykes and Dickie and i would accept those offers.
          Chair is too much of a luxury player and we already have Willock , who is a much better team player.
          Dykes is not likely to get you loads of goals each year and is'nt very good at holding the ball up.
          Dickie is so slow and not aggressive enough to play in a back four , so would like us to sell him as well.
          There are a lot of Championship players out of contract and probably some from league one that we could get for nothing . Invest in a pacey forward if we sell those three and get some Premier league youngsters on loan and you never know.
          I sincerely hope you're wrong on those valuations.

Chair, Dickie and Dykes should be £7-8m.

If an offer came in at £3m for Dickie and Dykes that should be rejected out of hand. These guys cost us £2m from inferior leagues and certainly Dickie has been okay. Dykes hasnt had a decent run due to injuries. At those rates they should stay and play next season. It would cost us the same to replace them.......

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            Dunne is our player.
            The GK question for me Dieng and Walsh should be kept, the rest should be released.
            As for Chaz he hasn't had the service.
            The only thing he should be told to do is get in the box and find space.
            One of Chas's 1st touches Sunday was to blast a decent opportunity into the roof of the loft

Comment

GK -
              Retain - Dieng,
              Retain as squad players -Marshall , Walsh

Defence -
              Retain - Mcallum, Barbet (if he's not set on going home) Dunne, Sanderson signed (I know I know, but i think there is a player in there), Moses
              Retain as squad players - Jordi
              Release - Kakay, Wallace
              Sell - Dickie
              Need to buy - If we are going to play wingbacks, two good wingbacks. But for me two good left and right sided defenders who get forward is enough. At least one central defender.

Midfield -
              Retain - Amos, (build midfield around this guy), Field
              Retain as squad players - Stef, Albert, Ball, Dozzell
              Release - Hendrick
              Sell -
              Need to buy - A holding midfielder that can pick a pass (think Carrick) a strong midfielder that can win the ball (think Matic)

Forwards -
              Retain - Willock (build the team around this guy)
              Retain as squad players - Thomas
              Release -
              Sell -Chair (Time to go my friend)
              Need to buy -a solid back up for Willock

Strikers -
              Retain -
              Retain as squad players - Chaz (Can still do a job with service)
              Release - Gray
              Sell - Dykes
              Need to buy - 2 new strikers

Big shopping list.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                GK -
                Retain - Dieng,

Defence -
                Retain - Mcallum, Barbet (if he's not set on going home) Dunne, Sanderson signed (I know I know, but i think there is a player in there), Moses
                Release - Kakay, Wallace
                Sell - Dickie
                Need to buy - If we are going to play wingbacks, two good wingbacks. But for me two good left and right sided defenders who get forward is enough. At least one central defender.

Midfield -
                Release - Hendrick
                Sell -
                Need to buy - A holding midfielder that can pick a pass (think Carrick) a strong midfielder that can win the ball (think Matic)

Forwards -
                Release -

Strikers -
                Retain -
                Release - Gray
                Sell - Dykes

Big shopping list.

I'm sure Willock will want to leave once a premiership offer comes in. Hes the one that will make us big money to rebalance the squad.

Jordy de Wijs doesnt seem to be fancied, is too injury prone and his contract is up in the summer. We wint be seeing him again in an Rs shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I'm sure Willock will want to leave once a premiership offer comes in. Hes the one that will make us big money to rebalance the squad.

Jordy de Wijs doesnt seem to be fancied, is too injury prone and his contract is up in the summer. We wint be seeing him again in an Rs shirt.
                  Probably not on Jordi, but he's a good squad player to have. If he was sold I wouldn't care but we'd need another squad player with Dickie gone.

Willock is the big money player in the making. The only good thing, if you can call it that, about our terrible form has been his stock going down, meaning an offer is less likely to come in. Good chance he's retained. When he does show what he's capable of he'll be another Eze for us.

Comment

Probably not on Jordi, but he's a good squad player to have. If he was sold I wouldn't care but we'd need another squad player with Dickie gone.

Willock is the big money player in the making. The only good thing, if you can call it that, about our terrible form has been his stock going down, meaning an offer is less likely to come in. Good chance he's retained. When he does show what he's capable of he'll be another Eze for us.
                    Time will tell on Willock as you say.

We can't sell Jordy as his contract is up in the summer and I suspect we wont offer him a new contract because we couldnt get him on the pitch enough. Hes only make five appearance for Fortuna since Jan too.

Comment

GK -
                      Retain - Dieng,

Defence -
                      Release - Kakay, Wallace
                      Sell - Dickie

Midfield -
                      Release - Hendrick
                      Sell -

Forwards -
                      Release -

Strikers -
                      Retain -
                      Release - Gray
                      Sell - Dykes

Big shopping list.

Retain Chas , Johansen and Thomas ....why

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

Retain Chas , Johansen and Thomas ....why
                        Chas is as good an impact sub as you'll find anywhere, he;s not going to be sold for what he's worth playing that role. He's been maligned this season and i will take to my grave it's because the chances haven't been there.

Stef was an excellent player at Fulham, and excellent last season, he's dropped off as the team dropped off. That player is still there, I think he is a victim of the way Warbs wants to play, and he just can't do it.

Thomas has potential and should be used more off the bench.

My choices are based on Warbs staying, him sticking with the same system, but bringing players in to make it work, which will lift some of the choices up to their potential. If he continues as is, may aswell sell the whole bloody squad.

Comment

As a very long serving rangers fan 1963 onwards, it disappoints and saddens me the way things are turning out,to a team full of promise to a team full of nothing in the space of weeks.
                          all the negative back passing no quick balls up to midfield and strikers. Change that tactics and we will score goals. Just can't see why the manager can't see this.what looked to be a good season for us is turning out to be a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by eam1882 View Post
                            As a very long serving rangers fan 1963 onwards, it disappoints and saddens me the way things are turning out,to a team full of promise to a team full of nothing in the space of weeks.
                            all the negative back passing no quick balls up to midfield and strikers. Change that tactics and we will score goals. Just can't see why the manager can't see this.what looked to be a good season for us is turning out to be a disaster.
                            Warburton is the good cop but who is the bad cop in the management team? His assistant should be the one kicking some backsides privately. Or, are these players too precious that they cant take blunt feedback?

Comment

Chas is as good an impact sub as you'll find anywhere, he;s not going to be sold for what he's worth playing that role. He's been maligned this season and i will take to my grave it's because the chances haven't been there.

Stef was an excellent player at Fulham, and excellent last season, he's dropped off as the team dropped off. That player is still there, I think he is a victim of the way Warbs wants to play, and he just can't do it.

My choices are based on Warbs staying, him sticking with the same system, but bringing players in to make it work, which will lift some of the choices up to their potential. If he continues as is, may aswell sell the whole bloody squad.
                              Charlie isn't a good impact sub , Don't know what's happened to him but his goal return is rubbish . Johansen is slow and ponderous if he was that good at Fulham he'd still be there... As for Thomas one good cross against Blackpool , he runs around with.no impact , can't trap the ball properly and shouldn't be anywhere near the first team

Comment

Topper mate, I like and respect the posts you make, but this one is way off the mark, it's just my opinion, and we may have to beg to differ on this one, MW if he stays , and I have my doubts he will, for one reason or another, will not change his personality or his philosophy on how he sets teams up to play, it will need a complete change in personnel on the pitch to bring about any positive change, , the club doesn't have the funds to do this, that's a hard fact, so the only solution is to keep the core of what we have, and get some fresh ideas and a different way of utilising what we have to the best effect, which means a new manager I'm afraid.
                                I'm still advocating Daniel Farke

Comment

Working...
                                X