Run in - 9 x cup finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run in - 9 x cup finals

Warbs is after an average of 2 points per game. Means we need 18 points now which would put us on 77 at the end of the season which I’m sure will be enough. I reckon 75 points would probably do it.

Whilst gutted that we lost, the manner in which we lost after a positive 1st half and the 2 injuries, Forest away was always going to be tough. Willock will be a huge miss as he’s our most creative player - Chair needs to now step up massively.

My predictions, based on Willock being out on Sunday but fit for Fulham are as follows. I have also factored in whether the teams we are playing have anything to go for;

Peterborough - 3 points
    Fulham - 0 points
    Sheff U (a) -0 points
    Preston - 1 point
    Huddersfield- 0 points
    Derby - 3 points
    Stoke - 3 points
    Sheff U (h) - 1 point
    Swansea - 3 points

Total - 14 points, takes us to 73 points so unlikely to be enough

Thoughts?

Dont think we will beat Peterborough they got sod all to play for but seem to be playing and scoring under new manager

Probably get around 14 more maybe 17 at a push but knowing us could be 10 more, wheels have fallen off imo blew a gasket when had chance to go 2nd and not recovered

Comment

I’ve just had a look at everyone’s run in, Millwall’s looks the ‘easiest’. They’ve been on a great run, can see them sneaking in. Really rate Rowett as a manager too.

Comment

From the 10 games remaining thread I posted:

Points to make 6th place over the last 7 seasons

20/21 - 77pts
        19/20 - 70pts
        18/19 - 74pts
        17/18 - 75pts
        16/17 - 80pts
        15/16 - 74pts
        14/15 - 78pts

There's a spread of 10pts between 70-80 with the average 75pts.

WLLWLWWDW - That would get us 16pts finish on 75pts. But that would need

Peterborough (h) - 3 points
        Fulham (h)- 0 points
        Sheff U (a) - 0 points
        Preston (a) - 3 points
        Huddersfield (a) - 0 points
        Derby (h) - 3 points
        Stoke (a) - 3 points
        Sheff U (h) - 1 point
        Swansea (a) - 3 points

That would need 3 away wins from 5 remaining. Away wins at Preston, Stoke and Swansea wont be easy.

We are not in form and have new injuries so I'd be amazed if we made top 6 now. Even if we hit 75pts that would only make it to the top 6 in four out of the last seven seasons.

Comment

Plus the play off games !! If we get there.

Comment

Admire and won't condemn any Ranger that thinks we can still get promotion.
            Bit I don't think we have a cat in hells chance of going up.
            We would need to win 12 " cup finals" to achieve that.
            Just haven't got the cutting edge

Comment

After we lost at home to Cardiff I gave up believing we would finish in the play offs ,I'm sticking to my all season 8th place prediction but have work to do just to achieve that .
              That said I totally disagree with those calling for Warburtons head ,dont see anyone else doing any better with our budget

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                After we lost at home to Cardiff I gave up believing we would finish in the play offs ,I'm sticking to my all season 8th place prediction but have work to do just to achieve that .
                That said I totally disagree with those calling for Warburtons head ,dont see anyone else doing any better with our budget
                Exactly on Warbs.

As frustrating as it is of late I'm struggling to find a name of anyone I'd want as a replacement. Also, Aarbs has done a great job overall. The idea of some ex-player or unknown foreign manager is a huge gamble.

Comment

Squad looking thread bare , just beat Peterborough and see where we are . Never thought we would beat forest but thought we could hold out for the draw . We run out of energy hope this isn't going to be a factor for now on

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    Squad looking thread bare , just beat Peterborough and see where we are . Never thought we would beat forest but thought we could hold out for the draw . We run out of energy hope this isn't going to be a factor for now on
                    Amos and Dozzel didnt run out of steam. They've hardly played all season. Warbs took them off for two experienced players who were supposed to slow the game down - but Forest didnt read the script and brushed passed both of the ol' lags

Comment

I haven't written us off from scraping a top 6 position but we are very much outsiders. We have lost form just when other teams have found theirs and I struggle to see much evidence we will be picking up anytime soon. If we limp home about 8th will have been a decent enough season with our budget.

Not a lack of ambition on my part. If I wanted to win stuff I would support one of the big boys. We are who we are and have done well within our means.

Comment

It's not 9 cup finals.

It's 9 more opportunities to see which of the squad is up to the task next season.

It's 9 more opportunities to see if Warburton is the man to take us into next year.

Forget promotion, we aren't ready.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Amos and Dozzel didnt run out of steam. They've hardly played all season. Warbs took them off for two experienced players who were supposed to slow the game down - but Forest didnt read the script and brushed passed both of the ol' lags
                          Agree , but think dozzell was maybe going to get sent off he seemed very angry , his yellow was so obvious .Amos should of stayed on
                          .. Don't think Johansen and Hendrick should play together to slow , predictable and offer little

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

Agree , but think dozzell was maybe going to get sent off he seemed very angry , his yellow was so obvious .Amos should of stayed on
                            .. Don't think Johansen and Hendrick should play together to slow , predictable and offer little
                            I agree on Dozzell coming off, I would have brought Uncle on personally, that game needed disrupting not slowing down.

Comment

Lets all be honest - going up with this squad would be an embarrassment - do we really think the bulk of this squad that struggles to beat the Barnsleys and peterboroughs of this division would fare well against any of the teams in the Premier league - we are not ready - we might get a season of total humiliation and take the cash but would the fans accept that . not by the way many behave on here after a season of exceeding expectations - no one predicted us to be in the top 6 nearly all season after Eze was sold!

I agree that we probably won't get a better chance especially if Norwich, Watford and Leeds come down - there are next seasons top 3 straight away but so far this season has delivered everything we were asking for - a settled club - a competitive team to be in the play off / promotion mix..the fact that we have run out of steam at the wrong time is disappointing but it shouldn't mask how far we have come.

This club is a much better club than any version we have had of it since 2010/2011

Comment

Working...
                              X