Special transfer window for Ukrainian and Russian Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special transfer window for Ukrainian and Russian Players

There is a special transfer window that has opened by FIFA that would allow foreign players ether in Ukraine or Russia to sign for a new club, it closes on the 7th April and players can sign until June 30th 2022 without any consequences.

Anyone know any decent strikers/wingers who have played in the Ukrainian or Russian leagues who are foreign?

It's a weird one this.

On the one hand I get it, on the other hand I can't imagine many players doing it or clubs wanting to get involved.

Anything Russian is a no go at the moment, even if most of the citizens are opposed to what's going on.

Massive respect for the Ukranian peoples resolve.

Dunno, feels bigger than football and transfers all of this.

Comment

It is very difficult considering the circumstances, but given our need to get a striker/winger in, perhaps its something that we should be considering?

Comment

Victor moses..could do a job at 31

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
          It's a weird one this.

On the one hand I get it, on the other hand I can't imagine many players doing it or clubs wanting to get involved.

Anything Russian is a no go at the moment, even if most of the citizens are opposed to what's going on.

Massive respect for the Ukranian peoples resolve.

Dunno, feels bigger than football and transfers all of this.

This is what I cannot get my head round, the vast majority of Russians do not support the war yet the world is treating them all equally as if they are pariahs.
          I have never seen this amount of ire directed at a people in any previous conflict over the last 30 years.
          leads to the usual knuckle draggers attacking anything Eastern European thinking they are all Russian.
          Most of these Russian people are just like us and want to go to work to provide for their families(not just footballers)
          All this "boycotting" will only affect the normal Russian people whether they are in Russia or working abroad and eventually this boycotting will affect normal people in other countries with job losses and as we are seeing price rises.
          As long as they don't support the war then why shouldn't we employ them or use their services?

Comment

Could we take one or two on frees?
            Call em refugees

Comment

Originally posted by SM3 Ranger View Post

This is what I cannot get my head round, the vast majority of Russians do not support the war yet the world is treating them all equally as if they are pariahs.
              I have never seen this amount of ire directed at a people in any previous conflict over the last 30 years.
              leads to the usual knuckle draggers attacking anything Eastern European thinking they are all Russian.
              Most of these Russian people are just like us and want to go to work to provide for their families(not just footballers)
              All this "boycotting" will only affect the normal Russian people whether they are in Russia or working abroad and eventually this boycotting will affect normal people in other countries with job losses and as we are seeing price rises.
              As long as they don't support the war then why shouldn't we employ them or use their services?
              Agree entirely. Western world has to be careful not to isolate and punish the Russian people so much that they resent the West more than what Putin is up to.

Be bloody interesting to get an accurate poll on what everyday Russians think of this, of course we never will and many will have been fed propaganda anyway.

Back to football I have nothing against Russians or Ukranians playing for QPR, or any other team. I do have something against assholes who think this war is a good thing though.

Comment

I think this is for foreign players playing in Russia or Ukraine not the Russian or Ukrainian players who play in there own country

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Could we take one or two on frees?
                  Call em refugees
                  They'll have to come across on s rubber dinghy through Dover though, not a learjet

Comment

Shevchenko is faster than Austin

Comment

Get Marcus Wendel in from Zenit.
                      And Yuri Alberto whilst we are at it .

Comment

Daniil Khlusevich

Comment

Originally posted by superhoops1962 View Post
                          I think this is for foreign players playing in Russia or Ukraine not the Russian or Ukrainian players who play in there own country
                          That makes more sense.

Didn't Chris Samba end up in Russia?

Comment

Without wishing to benefit from the horrendous actions in Ukraine, Lassina Traore at Shaktar would be what we need but probably way out of our price range.

Comment

The young prolific Striker Erik Botheim from Bodø Glimt was playing in Ukraine and recently got his contract cancelled, Maybe SJ could persuade him to spend a few month in London with us? Stefan started his career up north in Norway with Bodø Glimt.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X