Looking ahead to the summer window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking ahead to the summer window

I do wonder how this summer is going to pan out.

I can see Dickie and Chair both being sold on, perhaps for £25m between them.

Got contracts to be sorted out, Adomah I would be keeping on, Wallace perhaps as well?

Its going to be interesting thats for sure.

I don`t think we would get more than £10m combined for Chair and Dickie. They are sligthly overated imo.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Certainly need to see an improvement in both Dickies and Chairs form before we get any serious bids. Personally don’t believe either of them are good enough for the Premier League. Wouldn’t surprise me though if a relegated club came in for them - Watford or Norwich maybe

I wouldn’t keep Wallace, he’ll be a year older and is injury prone. I would keep Albert as he looks after himself, is nearly always available and hardly ever injured

Worried about Charlie next season, he can barely move. I wouldn’t keep Gray so offensively we have a few things to sort.

Mccalum will go back so we need 2 left backs

Moses - 50/50 as to whether we extend his contract and rumour has it that Barbet is heading back to France

Bonne - god knows what we’ll do with him as he’s now not scoring in League 1

Presumably De Jijs will come back and hopefully he can keep fit this time

In summary, quite a lot to sort out if we are to be competitive again!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        I don`t think we would get more than £10m combined for Chair and Dickie. They are sligthly overated imo.
        The only 3 in our current 1st team squad that have the potential to develop into 10m+ players are Dieng, Dunne and Willock, but they are both a ways off that still. Not many goalies get to 10m+ either. Maybe, maybe Amos, there is something there.

You're right, certainly not Dickie or Chair. I'd happily sell them both.

I think there is alot to sort out, and that would be the case even if we were still winning regularly. The squad is way off what's needed to compete 1 league up. I really think the only players that are worthy of building the team around are the players above, plus Field, maybe Dozzell has something but it's hard to know when he's in the u23's. Dykes is a good player but he needs to be paying a certain way and with a partner. Haven't seen enough of McCallum. Sanderson has something about him but he's a loanee.

Every other position needs work, and in depth too. Wallace, Stef, Albert, Moses, Barbet, Charlie are all good squad players to have, as are Dickie and Chair.

By my count that's strikers, wingers and/or full backs, central defence and some form of variety in a holding midfielder and/or an attacking midfielder.

That's IF we have aspirations of going up and staying up. What we have now plus a striker and a couple of full backs is plenty for mid table / top ten championship, pushing for playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
          Certainly need to see an improvement in both Dickies and Chairs form before we get any serious bids. Personally don’t believe either of them are good enough for the Premier League. Wouldn’t surprise me though if a relegated club came in for them - Watford or Norwich maybe

I wouldn’t keep Wallace, he’ll be a year older and is injury prone. I would keep Albert as he looks after himself, is nearly always available and hardly ever injured

Worried about Charlie next season, he can barely move. I wouldn’t keep Gray so offensively we have a few things to sort.

Mccalum will go back so we need 2 left backs

Moses - 50/50 as to whether we extend his contract and rumour has it that Barbet is heading back to France

Bonne - god knows what we’ll do with him as he’s now not scoring in League 1

Presumably De Jijs will come back and hopefully he can keep fit this time

In summary, quite a lot to sort out if we are to be competitive again!
          That`s an understatement. But on the other hand, I feel that Sir Les and staff of recruitment are on the case.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

I agree quite a lot to do as the prem will be a lot harder ;-)

Comment

Agree with a lot of the above , be quite surprised if anybody wanted Dickie , anything over 2 mil would accept .
              If anyone offered over 4 mil for Chair i would be delighted as i think Willock is a much better player and it's detrimental to the team playing both together.
              Would hope we keep Dieng, Dunne and Willock as all decent players.
              Barbet , Ball ,Moses and Thomas , will all probably go , as contracts are out or lack of game time , all squad players at best , so no great loss.
              Sanderson , Macallum Gray and Marshall will be gone as only loans.
              Looks like we need quite a few players in the Summer window or i think we are going to struggle next season.

Comment

This was our season for hopefully likes of Dieng, Dickie and Chair continuing to improve and selling them on for big money to afford us to rebuild and some profit. Sadly that has not happened. Still think we would get £5m each for Dieng and Dickie, maybe bit for more Chair but could have been a lot more if we had seen continual improvement from them. On plus side may keep some of them and look to start again on improving them next season but will make for a more challenging summer. To put it in context though it wasn't that many seasons ago our entire squad wasn't worth more than half a bag of maltesers.

Comment

Won't get more than 4/5 combined for chair and dickie . If anyone is watching them of late it will be nearer the 3.5 mark .Can see half the team changed by next season

Comment

It does seem like we have progressed. In terms of table position. Changes will depend on 1.Whether current mananger can improve agian. 2.Ammount of funds available

Comment

I’d be amazed if Dickie makes it in the prem. The pace would absolutely kill him. The only the players that will get interest I think will be Dieng and maybe Willock.

Comment

Originally posted by 70sQPR View Post
                        It does seem like we have progressed. In terms of table position. Changes will depend on 1.Whether current mananger can improve agian. 2.Ammount of funds available
                        I do think its time to Cash in on one or two players.

I think Dozzell is kind of already a replacement and I think if Chair does get sold, then I do think that he could fit into that CM role quite nicely.

Barbet has been a great servant, but I do think its more likely than not he may opt to go back to France, which would be a shame, my sense is De Wijs will probably be a replacement for Dickie.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          Won't get more than 4/5 combined for chair and dickie . If anyone is watching them of late it will be nearer the 3.5 mark .Can see half the team changed by next season
                          you may've a point re Dickie but not Chair - he has been our main goalscorer since coming back form the AFCON - if anything its Willock that has gone backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

you may've a point re Dickie but not Chair - he has been our main goalscorer since coming back form the AFCON - if anything its Willock that has gone backwards.
                            He's gone backwards for sure. Isn't that because Chair has been shoe horned back into the team, which is to the detrement of both Willock and Chair, forcing Willock out of position? I'm no city trader, but Willock is absolutely the better team player when he's played in areas that suit him.

I think we'd be a much stronger team if we let Chair go.

Comment

If we don't make the playoffs or manage by some miracle to get promoted this season, this team will be decimated, it will need to be broken up one way or the other, a) this team will not cope if we do go up, b) the board will have a fire sale of the most valuable players to raise as much as they can to fund another challenge next season, so this squad , manager including, has probably 11 to 14 games left together, that's how it's going to pan out, in my humble opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X