No announcement yet.

My opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about we just get back to playing football, the kind that doesn't involve 15 passes between the back 3 and the goal keeper?

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
      How about we just get back to playing football, the kind that doesn't involve 15 passes between the back 3 and the goal keeper?
      Wouldn’t that be nice, and aren’t most goals scored with just 3 passes of less?
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

If we control the ball going backwards, the opposition can't, which means they can't score, so always play backwards and we can't lose.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

If we control the ball going backwards, the opposition can't, which means they can't score, so always play backwards and we can't lose.
          Not sure I follow the logic there Top, but it sounds sort of logical, possibly even intellectual, which means you have definitely lost me mate!!

Comment

Not sure I follow the logic there Top, but it sounds sort of logical, possibly even intellectual, which means you have definitely lost me mate!!
            Just trying to fathom how we went from a good looking team everyone was talking about playing attractive, open football, scoring across the team, to one that rides it's luck playing poorly, to complete puzzlers in the space of a season.

Comment

Just trying to fathom how we went from a good looking team everyone was talking about playing attractive, open football, scoring across the team, to one that rides it's luck playing poorly, to complete puzzlers in the space of a season.
              Trying to fathom the unfathomable will drive you mad Top, everybody on here has tried to work it out, hundreds of posts with almost every possible theory and hundreds of weird and wacky, and to be fair, quite a few sensible, solutions, but it's football, and it's QPR, I have over 5 decades at this now, and I'm none the wiser than I was in 1971, and that's the gods honest truth mate !!!

Comment

It's all good innit. If we were winning every week we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

Comment

It's all good innit. If we were winning every week we wouldn't have anything to talk about.
                  Very true that !

Comment

Nah, it'd be a case of why did we ease off when we got to 2 up? Should have gone for it and had 6! JJ missed a sitter, and KB should have found SS when he was clear through

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Nah, it'd be a case of why did we ease off when we got to 2 up? Should have gone for it and had 6! JJ missed a sitter, and KB should have found SS when he was clear through
                      Yep we are impossible to please !! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                        I find the call for Armstrong bizarre. He does not qualify to start for the U23 on a regular basis and is not training with the first team as Shania points to. The only thing he has to show for is two goals in none league football plus an agent that tries desperately to big him up, referring to unrealistic dream moves to the likes of Man City. If it wasn't for this agent, none of us would have paid much notice to the fact we have a player at the fringes of our U23 team that is called Armstrong and only very rarely gets on the score sheet.

In the last eight U23 matches, after returning from a loan spell, he has featured just once, playing 45 min before he was taken off (no goal). That hardly qualifies to be picked for our first team.
                        Lets get the facts right.

Armstrong is the equivalent of a third year scholar (but on a pro contract), because he is 18, and soon to be 19. The same age as Ruben Colwill the Cardiff striker who we could not handle today. All third year scholars move into the 23s, since they cannot play under 18 football anymore.

secondly, he has been injured since his return from Torquay, and just made a 45 minute comeback.

Lastly, I take it you haven’t seen him play? Because he definitely has a lot of talent. And is completely different to what we have up top. Very raw, and by no means the finished article but has electric pace, great off the shoulder movement, and can fashion his own chances through natural skill.

Comment

suddenly we seem flat, and the goals dried up , talk of being tired from warbs etc so how do the team get "up" from that being flat? the fans have been great and supportive of the team , our expectations at the start of this season were solidify and mid table? to be so near to a p/off spot in a tight league and maybe see it slide away without a whimper would be galling. qpr must learn to win ugly some games, scratch out a 1-0 , nice flowing football is the icing, winning is the core.

Comment

Just change the system. It's the only way to re-charge. Last season we started to look good when we started playing three at the back. It is now time to change again, before, if not already ... everything is lost. Still plenty of points to play for. Just scrap the the three at the back and be more aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
                              suddenly we seem flat, and the goals dried up , talk of being tired from warbs etc so how do the team get "up" from that being flat? the fans have been great and supportive of the team , our expectations at the start of this season were solidify and mid table? to be so near to a p/off spot in a tight league and maybe see it slide away without a whimper would be galling. qpr must learn to win ugly some games, scratch out a 1-0 , nice flowing football is the icing, winning is the core.
                              We've seemed flat most of the season , with the exception of half a dozen games and we have been winning games ugly , scraping wins by the odd goal .
                              Also my expectations at the start of the season were the play offs , after our good end to last season and Warbs getting the loan players in on permanents.
                              We need a manager that gets us playing on the front foot and dictating the tempo of the game and actually trying to win and dominate the game , if we lose the odd game at least we've tried , instead off all this tippy tappy negative passing it around between the centre halves and goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                                Just change the system. It's the only way to re-charge. Last season we started to look good when we started playing three at the back. It is now time to change again, before, if not already ... everything is lost. Still plenty of points to play for. Just scrap the the three at the back and be more aggressive.
                                This is the problem Martin, he doesn't seem to have the will or the capacity to change the system, he tried something different for a couple of games only, then it's straight back to the normal , which we all know isn't working

Comment

Working...
                                X