My opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My opinion

So disappointed watching the season fade away. We were in a good position to even challenge for automatic promotion, however, with hand on heart, I never believe we were capable of doing so. However, I did believe that we are good enough for the play-offs, until these past six games. Our players look uninterested, lethargic in a way. We used to create a lot of chances and even went on 31 consecutive games scoring in every match. And there were our present problems are. Our strikers are misfiring, while the service is very poor. We were winning games even when we conceded one or two goals. We used to say that we don't need to score two or three goals to win a game. Our defence looks solid enough, although I hate the continuous passing between the back three and the keeper.
    My main concern is that the squad is not being utilised as it should be. We had our best moments when Dozzell started regularly. The same can be said of Ball, Thomas and Amos. It seemed that MW has blind faith in those established in the first team. I also question the philosophy of the club. Granted that we have aspirations of promotions, however, how many new youngsters had been drafted in the first team this season? I watched other clubs in our position giving teenagers a run in the first team. What about ours. How worse can Armstrong or Kargbo be more than CA or Gray? How are we going to continue to encourage promising youngsters to join us when one can add seven players playing nearly regularly that are over thirty years! Marshall, Wallace, Uncle, CA, Gray, Stefan, Hendrick. Did we change our principles?

I think Warbs started to rely on experience more so when he saw the opportunity of a promotion push.

I still have faith in him and I think he will mix it up on Saturday. Surely he can see there are some players consistently underperforming now (Johansen) and struggling with the formation we are playing (Adomah). Unfortunately I don’t think he will change the formation as he is pretty stuck in his ways but he has to change personnel. I think Hendrick looks decent and Field has settled back in really well so I would definitely keep them two in and then play Chair, Willock and a striker (for me they are all underperforming but we need 1 of them to start). I would like to see McCallum start LWB and for now Adomah on the right although I think defensively he is a bit of a liability so when fit I would slot Wallace back in at LWB and move Mccallum
    over. The back 3 speaks for itself.

if I was picking the team I would go 4-4-3 with the following:

Dieng

Wallace
    Barbet/Dickie
    Dunne
    Mccallum

Dozzell
    Hendrick
    Field

Chair
    Willock
    Dykes/Gray

But what do I know…only managed to win the treble with QPR on football manager

Comment

Yeah I feel most of this has been gone over many times.

But it is worth having a chat about younger players in the club to see who is a realistic prospect of coming through, as we all like to see homegrown talent, and as we've seen at this club that's where the real money is. Sad though that may be.

Comment

Been churned over and over . Warbs must see what we see . Why he keeps relying on senior pros Austin , Johansen that are to slow . Give the likes of Armstrong a runout against Cardiff , if he's that bad sub him at HT

Comment

Yes to giving the younger strikers a shot -- bench Gray and CA.

Bench Stefan. NOT the same player as last season. Major reason we don't get service up top anymore.

Wallace not the same these days either. Struggles to get past a defender. McCallum for me.

And how 'bout a game where MW prohibits the goalie from slowly rolling the ball out to a back to start an even slower move upfield?

Comment

I don`t think Armstrong is even training with our first team squad. I hope I`m wrong.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

I find the call for Armstrong bizarre. He does not qualify to start for the U23 on a regular basis and is not training with the first team as Shania points to. The only thing he has to show for is two goals in none league football plus an agent that tries desperately to big him up, referring to unrealistic dream moves to the likes of Man City. If it wasn't for this agent, none of us would have paid much notice to the fact we have a player at the fringes of our U23 team that is called Armstrong and only very rarely gets on the score sheet.

In the last eight U23 matches, after returning from a loan spell, he has featured just once, playing 45 min before he was taken off (no goal). That hardly qualifies to be picked for our first team.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                I find the call for Armstrong bizarre. He does not qualify to start for the U23 on a regular basis and is not training with the first team as Shania points to. The only thing he has to show for is two goals in none league football plus an agent that tries desperately to big him up, referring to unrealistic dream moves to the likes of Man City. If it wasn't for this agent, none of us would have paid much notice to the fact we have a player at the fringes of our U23 team that is called Armstrong and only very rarely gets on the score sheet.

In the last eight U23 matches, after returning from a loan spell, he has featured just once, playing 45 min before he was taken off (no goal). That hardly qualifies to be picked for our first team.
                You could be speaking about any of our strikers

Comment

The call is to do something different. It is not just Armstrong, there may be others that can do better then our current strikers. What is the point of playing a player that do not take one shot at goal all game, do not chase opponents and standing still most of the time. ATM we are very shy in front of goal and it is costing us.

Comment

I admired MW on trying something by playing Willock as a lone striker, although it did not work out and we missed creating chances. I will be tempted to try uncle in that role, now that McCallum and Moses are both available. He is much fitter, faster, can hold the ball well and can create something out of nothing then our current strikers.

Comment

Lets have a list of youth players that are proving themselves in the youth or reserve teams....from folks not getting their info from westlondonsport

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                        I admired MW on trying something by playing Willock as a lone striker, although it did not work out and we missed creating chances. I will be tempted to try uncle in that role, now that McCallum and Moses are both available. He is much fitter, faster, can hold the ball well and can create something out of nothing then our current strikers.
                        that might be another option for MW to consider as he does get into scoring positions (disallowed goal against Hull and a save against Blackburn on top of the goals he has already scored). Although partnering him with Dykes (or another striker) would be better in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

that might be another option for MW to consider as he does get into scoring positions (disallowed goal against Hull and a save against Blackburn on top of the goals he has already scored). Although partnering him with Dykes (or another striker) would be better in my view.
                          Couldn't he just, you know, play him as a winger?

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Couldn't he just, you know, play him as a winger?
                            He could do that, but it would mean going to a 4 man defence and so far, MW has been reluctant to do that, even when he had a lack of fit defenders.

Comment

Maybe we should have tried to force Bonne back. With all three strikers injured/out of form our striking prowess or lack thereof is pretty depressing.

Comment

Working...
                              X