Unbelievable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable

I've just seen an article from Football League World, apparently Les Ferdinand clearly states that he offered to get a new striker in the January window, and Warburton told him he didn't want one as he was happy with what he had!!
    UNBELIEVABLE If there was one position that needed bolstering it was there, I wonder if MW is now regretting that decision, he f ucking well should be!!!

reading the quotes from Les it sounds like he thinks we should have got a striker in too!

"We looked around for what we needed and we weren’t able to get the number 10 that we required. From my perspective, I know centre-forwards are key to football clubs but the manager was happy with what he had."

Comment

If he had faith in our strikers why does he keep chopping and changing them .. don't think anyone apart from him knows who will lead the line tonight

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        If he had faith in our strikers why does he keep chopping and changing them .. don't think anyone apart from him knows who will lead the line tonight
        I don't think he has a choice - there isn't a fit one between the 3

Austin is not fit enough for 90 mins
        Gray not interested enough for 90 mins
        And Dykes seems to pick up niggley injuries on a regular basis

we need a regular first choice striker. the top 10 scorers in the champ have all played 30 plus games

Comment

Strange thing for Les to hint at. I just wonder if he's distancing himself from the decisions made in January?

And if so, for what purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
            Strange thing for Les to hint at. I just wonder if he's distancing himself from the decisions made in January?

And if so, for what purpose?

Les is definitely lining up his hand grenades in case of any forthcoming repercussions from the board if things go drastically t it's up, and I can't sayI blame him to be fair!!

Comment

The other interesting snippet from Les was, " nobody comes in without the managers say so"

Comment

Incredible news that MW was happy with our 3 strikers. We will be lucky if they manage more than 25 league goals between them this season.

perhaps Ferdinand is getting as disappointed as we are watching us struggle to score against the likes of Peterborough, Swansea, Barnsley Millwall and Hull in recent weeks on top of blanks against Bournemouth and Stoke.

Our goals seem to have been drying up since December.

Comment

But he wanted a playmaker to service our strikers which he never got in.

Comment

Agree with the assessment above that our strikers are either old, disinterested or injury-prone.

Yet we will never know what could have happened had we players, and a tactical formation, aimed at pressing the ball into the box. Think we could have been looking at 10-15 more goals by now.

THAT remains our biggest frustration with MW — he never talks about it ‘cause it reflects on his chosen style of play — slow, plodding, and predictable.

When’s the last time Wallace beat a guy down the field?

The last time Dickie went full throttle at the defense?

The last time Stefan showed he has more of a nose for attacking their goal versus sending passes backwards towards ours?

It doesn’t take rocket science — or sports analytics — to figure out why our goals have gone by the boards.

Comment

Sounds like a non-story.

The key quote from Ferdinand is "we looked around for what we needed and we weren’t able to get the number 10 that we required".

As Warburton has consistently said, there's no point in adding players who don't improve on what we already have in the squad.
                      Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts.

Comment

Well then more than one person is making it up or is it a conspiracy, as the same story with exactly the same quotes was in at least two different publications,

Comment

Think perhaps people are reading too much in to this.
                          Les and MW were aware that a new striker was needed and it looks like they were searching by saying they couldn't get the number 10 they wanted, so what was available and in our budget may well of been no improvement on our current strike force hence the I'm happy with what we have comment.
                          Who need centre forwards anyway?

Comment

I have a long list of grievances against Warburton BUT I do not believe we needed a new striker going into January. I would support Warburton's assessment that we had enough firepower in the squad and there were other positions that needed addressing.

Yes, quality recruits in all positions would have been nice but we don't have the money for that sort of extravagance plus you're hostage to who's available. Anyway, Kendrick looked the part last night - getting him in might actually be the key bit of business. Obviously Sanderson had a brainfart last night but he was looking far more reliable than the out of sorts Dickie. Marshall is class so I think our Window was decent enough overall and the gaffer and DOF and CEO have done well over past 3 windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                              I have a long list of grievances against Warburton BUT I do not believe we needed a new striker going into January. I would support Warburton's assessment that we had enough firepower in the squad and there were other positions that needed addressing.

Yes, quality recruits in all positions would have been nice but we don't have the money for that sort of extravagance plus you're hostage to who's available. Anyway, Kendrick looked the part last night - getting him in might actually be the key bit of business. Obviously Sanderson had a brainfart last night but he was looking far more reliable than the out of sorts Dickie. Marshall is class so I think our Window was decent enough overall and the gaffer and DOF and CEO have done well over past 3 windows.
                              It's a valid point of view, not necessarily agreed with, but it's definitely a valid point of view

Comment

Working...
                              X