On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Don't rise to it Romford. The bloke hasn't got a clue what he's talking about and these stats are utter nonsense. I think salaries are just as important as the transfer fees. Austin is probably in the top 10 championship earners and he's playing like a complete tart.
    I actually feel embarrassed now for Austin, he is a shadow of his former self, they always say never go back for old heroes, what we do with him next season I do not know, he’s ####ed now

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

This is incorrect. We spent 7m last season. And 2.9m spent this season. So 10m spent in 2 years. It’s all in the accounts.

In addition, we were +4m up on wages last year. Which puts us in mid-table as payers. And we are in for a further big increase in wages this season… Austin, Johansen, Marshall, Hendrick… that figure will likely push us into top 10 payers in the league.

Expectations have increased and rightly so.
      If QPR spent £7m on players last Season, the annual amortization would exceed £2.3m (assuming typical 3 year contract length).

Yet the amortization in the latest accounts is just £1.4m.

It's all in the accounts.
      Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        Don't rise to it Romford. The bloke hasn't got a clue what he's talking about and these stats are utter nonsense. I think salaries are just as important as the transfer fees. Austin is probably in the top 10 championship earners and he's playing like a complete tart.
        As per the latest accounts, QPRs wage bill is £24m.

This is one of the lowest in the League, as per the chart.

Don't tell yourself lies, the truth will set you free!

Screenshot_20220219-183515-01.jpeg
        Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts.

Comment

What the Flying F uck have all these financial figures got to do with the team that takes the field on matchdays and fails to do the job they are being paid to do!!
          Very few of them, from the highest paid to the lowest paid are performing to any sort of standard at the moment, I think most will agree with that, we are not accountants, we are fans who pay hard earned money to watch and support our team, and yes we do expect a return on our commitment and loyalty, and the right to have a say if we are not happy

Comment

Four things:

(1) We CAN all be pleased to be in the 4th position with 14 games to go. Bravo!
            (2) We SHOULD all be displeased with our play over the past four weeks — it’s lower table quality
            (3) We KNOW in our heart of hearts that with the mediocrity up front (Charlie should do the honorable thing and retire at season’s end), and the current slow, ticky tack, back and forth passing tactic our fortunes are not on the rise
            (4) We MUST face the reality that without tactical and player selection changes we are likely to fall out of the playoffs

My hope is this site remains an open forum for exchanging ideas and opinions, not calling each other out for them.

Best.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
              Four things:

(1) We CAN all be pleased to be in the 4th position with 14 games to go. Bravo!
              (2) We SHOULD all be displeased with our play over the past four weeks — it’s lower table quality
              (3) We KNOW in our heart of hearts that with the mediocrity up front (Charlie should do the honorable thing and retire at season’s end), and the current slow, ticky tack, back and forth passing tactic our fortunes are not on the rise
              (4) We MUST face the reality that without tactical and player selection changes we are likely to fall out of the playoffs

My hope is this site remains an open forum for exchanging ideas and opinions, not calling each other out for them.

Best.
              I don't think anybody is calling anybody out on this thread Tampa, it's a healthy heart felt debate, some threads have been a bit naughty but not this one in my opinion

Comment

I felt it was a bit better than millwall. Not just result obviously but performance too.

The bar couldn't be lower though millwall was the worst Warnock era performance I have seen but hey take the positives where you find them and build on them right?

Comment

Originally posted by BusRider View Post
                  I felt it was a bit better than millwall. Not just result obviously but performance too.

The bar couldn't be lower though millwall was the worst Warnock era performance I have seen but hey take the positives where you find them and build on them right?
                  Did I miss something?
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

Did I miss something?
                    Sorry I'm 6 pints in with no work tomorrow. I meant the other manager who's name begins with W. The one who is our manager now.

Comment

Originally posted by WHITECITYONE View Post

As per the latest accounts, QPRs wage bill is £24m.

This is one of the lowest in the League, as per the chart.

Don't tell yourself lies, the truth will set you free!

Screenshot_20220219-183515-01.jpeg
                      This has nothing to do with what went on in terms of personel choice and tactics. Warburton has got it wrong. Poor judgemnt in who he is choosing to play, position and tactics. He stated in his post match interview stating that we played to slow? does that mean that the players choose what tempo to play, surely that is his job

Comment

Originally posted by WHITECITYONE View Post

If QPR spent £7m on players last Season, the annual amortization would exceed £2.3m (assuming typical 3 year contract length).

Yet the amortization in the latest accounts is just £1.4m.

It's all in the accounts.
                        Yes, it is all in the accounts. And you clearly have not read them. So I’ll post the pertinent pieces for you.

Year ended 31 May 2021. Page 31.

Post Reporting Date Events.

During the 2021 summer transfer window we secured Andre Dozzell, Jimmy Dunne and Stefan Johansen, on permanent transfers, the latter of which had been on loan to us since during the 20/21 season. These player registrations were acquired at a cost of £2,867,565 (2020: £7,003,000) of which £342,300 (2020: £1,165,500) is contingent on one or more future events. Charlie Austin who had also spent the 20/21 season with us on loan joined permanently on a free transfer.

Year ended 31 May 2020. Page 28.

Post Reporting Date Events.

During the 2020 summer transfer window we secured Rob Dickie, Lyndon Dykes, Charlie Lee-Kelman and Christopher Willock on permanent transfers. During the January 2021 transfer window, we also secured Joe Walsh and Macauley Bonne on permanent transfers, the latter of which had been on loan to us since October 2020. These player registrations were acquired at a cost of £7,003,000 (2019: £55,263) of which £1,165,500 (2019, Nil) is contingent on one or more future events.

Comment

Originally posted by BusRider View Post

Sorry I'm 6 pints in with no work tomorrow. I meant the other manager who's name begins with W. The one who is our manager now.
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

I don't think anybody is calling anybody out on this thread Tampa, it's a healthy heart felt debate, some threads have been a bit naughty but not this one in my opinion
                            Fair point.

Comment

always enjoy your post match report Romford. Very worrying your assessment on Charlie
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Agree with most of what Romford wrote, especially Willock being wasted at LWB. I was talking with fans around me on Saturday saying this. None of us thought MW got his selection correct. Even he seemed to agree when he made the substitution.

As for Austin, playing Willock, Gray or even Chair alongside him and playing more balls into the box for him to attack instead of the slow passing along the back 3. might just have seen a better performance from him and the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X