• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MW post match

MW post match
    " so we had to take Steff off, who's been tremendous for us""
    Give me strength!!
    Does the game look different from the dug out, because he is obviously seeing something that most of us are not!!
    To be fair the rest of it was honest and he wasn't hiding behind any excuses, but he obviously has a blind spot when it comes to Steff he has been poor for most of the season, we all know it and see it, how is he not?

I totally agree with u here. Is one of the primary reasons our attack had become so slow and plodding.

Am all for veteran presence on the squad, but like Charlie would start (and play) him much more sparingly.

Think others like him — Wallace, Austin in particular — have worn down as the season’s progressed.

Would bench Stef here and there to prove how we can actually win without him.

Comment

Watching Stef last night it was like he was playing in a different match. Flicks for players that just aren't there and balls for team mates to chase who can't possible run. I don't know what his stats were but basically if he wasn't recycling the ball sideways or backwards he was giving it away.

Warbs chat was honest, and to be fair Stef has been amazing in the past but he's not looked good for a fair while now.

It looked at the start of the game he'd got players to think more direct and pass forward through the lines, not sure what he's expecting with only Lyndon up there, who i will say did wotk hard. Chair was selfish as usual (sure sometimes it comes off for him but the guy is selfish, perhaps born from a lack of options), and Willock very quiet.

Just ineffective last night, all of them.

Comment

Just read warbs post match comments. Is he for real? The players work ethic and commitment is the reason we are fourth. Well it won't be for much longer! Where was the work ethic v Barnsley who had lost 7 matches in a row?? Or last night v millwall in a London Derby where we were second to everything all night yet the manager stood still and never made a change. He was quick to drag Thomas and dozzell off after 30 mins v Barnsley at home yet did f.a last night til 75 mins.

Don't take the supporters for idiots please Mark.

Comment

I couldn’t bring myself to watch it as soon as I saw the lineup. I sensed it would be pretty much the same as usual- slow sideways and backwards passing with no real purpose.
          we have now failed to score in 4 out of 5 matches against Swansea Peterborough Barnsley and Millwall, no one of them are top 10 sides.

it’s true Johansen has not been the influence on games this season as he was last, so I don’t know what Warburton is seeing compared to the fans.

I expect we will not be seeing anything different for the Hull match from that post match interview.

Comment

Hope he has got them all in today, if not to train, then to read them the riot act, it's ok to be the nice guy when things are going well, but there are times in life when everybody needs some F ucks worked into them, I've had my share!! Doesn't hurt to forcefully remind people of their duties and responsibilities in the workplace, even more so when normal honest hard working people are paying money , which is becoming increasingly tight, to support the team they love

Comment

Watched it's shocking doesn't want to upset anyone, get in there and read them the riot act, not good enough, and admit his team selection and tactics wrong Chair should never have come straight back in 4 win without him Amos playing well, Willock on fire in the Chair role,

Comment

Agree with the sentiment of the above posts.

Chair has been poor since his return and Amos never deserved to be dropped in the 1st place

Stef has been pedestrian and wasteful and should be replaced with either Dozzell or Hendrik

Dickie suspended and will I’m sure be replaced by Sanderson

With Wallace injured (again) and Mccalum not ready maybe it’s time to revert to a back 4 and start with 2 up top (Dykes and Charlie whose vocal presence has been sadly missed)

On a separate note and of course I want us to be promoted, who out of our existing squad would be able to compete in the Premier league? …. Dieng and Willock genuinely can’t think of anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                  MW post match
                  " so we had to take Steff off, who's been tremendous for us""
                  Give me strength!!
                  Does the game look different from the dug out, because he is obviously seeing something that most of us are not!!
                  To be fair the rest of it was honest and he wasn't hiding behind any excuses, but he obviously has a blind spot when it comes to Steff he has been poor for most of the season, we all know it and see it, how is he not?
                  Would you prefer Warbs to rip into Steff publicly and trash him? Or deal with it in a professional manner behind closed doors?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Would you prefer Warbs to rip into Steff publicly and trash him? Or deal with it in a professional manner behind closed doors?
                    No I wouldn't want the manager to trash anybody in public, but I also don't want him bigging up a player in public who is obviously not performing and we can all see it, I don't want to be mugged off to save the sensitivities of somebody who is not doing the job he is being handsomely paid to do

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

No I wouldn't want the manager to trash anybody in public, but I also don't want him bigging up a player in public who is obviously not performing and we can all see it, I don't want to be mugged off to save the sensitivities of somebody who is not doing the job he is being handsomely paid to do
                      Taking him off and the selection for the next game is all we need to know. I dont expect any player to be called out during interview, just the team as a whole. Any #######ings can be done behind close doors.

Dont you think he has been good for us throughout the whole season? I can't really comment because I cant get to games at the moment due to personal circumstances.

Comment

I've only been to see him live 3 times myself Sheep, he did ok in one of them, the 3-2 against Preston, but in the other 2 , Fulham away 1-4 he was terrible, but then so was everybody else to be fair, and the 1-0 against West Brom, where he was pretty average at best, but I have seen nearly all the games on streams or TV, and he has been well below standard.
                        Don't get me wrong a fully firing Steff is what we all want to see, but he has set his own standards, and he is falling woefully short of them, and I'm sure that he of all people will know it

Comment

I've got 3 more games to see this season, Cardiff, Fulham and Sheff Utd all at home, I pray to God by the time these come around Steff and the team, have pulled this situation together, and we are back to somewhere where we were towards the end of last year

Comment

If warbs said steff has been tremendous for us he either needs a slap or a trip to Specsavers

Comment

Steff has been poor this season, and lately Dickie and Adomah have been off form, Chair out of sorts, Barbets passing has gone to pieces. Moses constantly loses the ball, upfront Dykes is way out his depth, Austin slow as a snail and Gray seems very hot and cold.
                              Add that all together and it’s no wonder we have hit the buffers, time to go 4-3-2–1. We need to win the midfield battles and stop the poncing about at the back. I would try

Marshall
                              Moses, Sanderson Dunne McCallum
                              ​​​​​​ Hendrik Field Amos
                              Chair Willock
                              Gray

Comment

Working...
                              X