Formation for Millwall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formation for Millwall

I’ve been reading that Afobe came off for millwall yesterday feeling his hamstring

Apparantly, if he doesn’t play they have no other fit strikers?

If that is the case, surely we can’t play with 5 at the back?

Really good opportunity I think, to mix things up a bit and play a different formation and give us a bit more depth in midfield and up top.

Assuming Willock is fit, he definitely starts. Is it worth giving Sanderson a start given his pace. Amos was harshly dropped in my opinion. Dieng to return although Marshall has hardly put a foot wrong. Johansen has received critiscm for his laboured performances but we seem to miss his leadership when he’s not playing. 2 up top never seems to work. Wallace looks knackered but Mccalum not ready yet so no other choices really?

What’s your starting 11?

I’d go with;

Dieng

Albert
    Dunne
    Barbet
    Sanderson

Amos
    Johansen
    Field

Chair
    Willock

Dykes

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Mem View Post
    I’ve been reading that Afobe came off for millwall yesterday feeling his hamstring

Apparantly, if he doesn’t play they have no other fit strikers?

If that is the case, surely we can’t play with 5 at the back?

Really good opportunity I think, to mix things up a bit and play a different formation and give us a bit more depth in midfield and up top.

Assuming Willock is fit, he definitely starts. Is it worth giving Sanderson a start given his pace. Amos was harshly dropped in my opinion. Dieng to return although Marshall has hardly put a foot wrong. Johansen has received critiscm for his laboured performances but we seem to miss his leadership when he’s not playing. 2 up top never seems to work. Wallace looks knackered but Mccalum not ready yet so no other choices really?

What’s your starting 11?

I’d go with;

Marshall

Albert
    Dunne
    Barbet
    Sanderson

Amos
    Johansen
    Field

Chair
    Willock

Dykes

Thoughts?
    I think we should be recalling Dozzell into the squad here.

Also, I think we should be sticking with the 3 at the back formation, perhaps a 3-4-3 is a better fit for us than the current 3-4-1-2/3-4-2-1 system.

I personally would start with this squad for Tuesday.

Dieng

Dickie
    Dunne
    Barbet

Adomah
    Dozzell
    Chair
    Sanderson

Willock
    Dykes
    Chair

Comment

Still keep Marshall in hasn't done anything wrong Dieng has to wait other than that looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
        Still keep Marshall in hasn't done anything wrong Dieng has to wait other than that looks good.
        Yeah I think Marshall has been really decent for us, Dieng is a really good keeper as well.

Nice problem to have that.

Comment

Which ever team plays, they need to get their heads in the game, be mentally strong, start showing everybody they want it as much as we do!!

Comment

I like the rationale behind this post given Millwall’s sudden issue.

MUST start Sanderson and Amos.

I liked the pace of Moses so would start him as well.

Keep Dickie, Wallace and Gray on the bench.

Pray that Willock is healthy.

Am okay to start Dieng cause Marshall could use a short rest — would frankly platoon Dieng and Marshall the rest of the way. If both have “earned the shirt”, why should either interminably ride the bench?

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
              I like the rationale behind this post given Millwall’s sudden issue.

MUST start Sanderson and Amos.

I liked the pace of Moses so would start him as well.

Keep Dickie, Wallace and Gray on the bench.

Pray that Willock is healthy.

Am okay to start Dieng cause Marshall could use a short rest — would frankly platoon Dieng and Marshall the rest of the way. If both have “earned the shirt”, why should either interminably ride the bench?
              I think Moses should be dropped personally, Sanderson should go on the wings.

Adomah should be back in the squad, along with Dozzell and Amos if Willock isnt fit.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

I think we should be recalling Dozzell into the squad here.

Also, I think we should be sticking with the 3 at the back formation, perhaps a 3-4-3 is a better fit for us than the current 3-4-1-2/3-4-2-1 system.

I personally would start with this squad for Tuesday.

Dieng

Dickie
                Dunne
                Barbet

Adomah
                Dozzell
                Chair
                Sanderson

Willock
                Dykes
                Chair
                Too many Chairs for my liking

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post

Too many Chairs for my liking
                  Naa another Chair would be good

Comment

I find it inconceivable that Warburton will abandon the 3 CB set-up he's superglued himself to. His only adjustment seems to be randomly flipping between 1 or 2 upfront.

I'd assumed Dozzell was injured. I'm flabbergasted if he's just out of favour. I thought he'd really found his feet towards end of last year.

Given we have 387 midfielders in the squad I'd like to play 4-4-2.

Comment

The trouble is we are now presenting as a team that can be got at if pressed hard, need to beef up the midfield, and raise the tempo generally, regardless of the personnel involved,
                      I think 4-4-2 is definately a good option

Comment

It's a mindset and how much do we want it that will decide this game . millwall come at you closing down and at a good tempo , so the 5 a side we play at the back needs so speed up and not be so obvious. One up front dykes or gray and 100% effort and we'll get over the line

Comment

3-5-1

Comment

The manner of playing is more important than formation. Our formation works, most of our squad are good enough to be perform against any opposition in this league.

We have to be more positive and make more of any effort to get the ball into dangerous positions quickly, we need to work harder off the ball. Far far far too much slow sideways build up play. No where near enough dangerous crosses coming in. Through balls hard as none of our strikers have pace, but they are all strong and smart enough to find space and work hard for the ball if they get it in the right areas.

Comment

It'll make no difference who he picks if they have the same attitude as Saturday Gray Dykes Awful both ha good chances, Moses headless chicken, poor delivery every time in an attacking position, not sure Marshall's done much wrong would keep him between the sticks, as for the rest they were woeful, think he'll have a dilemma who to pick, but we need to speed our game up and find some urgency, too lethargic and slow allows other teams to regain their shape and the get a press on us

Comment

Working...
                              X