Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one?

The Barnsley effort made me mad.

No spark, no fire, no blowing fast out of the gate.

We continued to move the ball sideways and backward all bloody game as we have all season.

Our passing was ####less and futile.

We refused to inject our back line with Sanderson’s drive and energy in favor of Dickie-Dunne-Barbet-Dunne-Field-Dickie, etc.

And MW made a horrid decision in replacing Hendrick and Gray with slow and slower (Stefan and Charlie) while leaving on an increasingly ineffective (and slow) Wallace.

Willock’s absence a big factor in this loss.

MW said he’s going to use the full squad. Do it. Now. When it counts the most.

Some good points been saying about the pointless passing at the back , think Wallace has been.cack for a while , blowing out of his ar$e... Time for Sanderson to start at wall

Comment

I would play uncle every game to once he is tired take him off for Moses .
      You Rsssssss

Comment

No, you’re not the only one. Subconsciously, we could all have predicted that result and performance

Clearly missed Willock but Chair should have stepped up, he didn’t

Lack of pace remains an issue

The biggest issue for me is the lack of fight and desire. Gray seems to be a disruptive influence (moans and groans on the pitch). Is Charlie sulking - he doesn’t seem his perky self!

As others have said, the tippy tappy playing it sideways football is slow and predictable

Need to massively step it up at Millwall or I can see another defeat

Comment

We know pace and the midfield pushing forward is critical when you play three at the back, so hard to understand why you would bring SJ off the bench and not, say, Amos who has scored recently.

I don’t think Wallace did that much wrong and most of our chances came down the left in the first half. A bigger issue is the way the players have been told to play triangles with the goalkeeper, but so slow that you don’t move any of their players out of position.

Can’t anyone on the bench see how futile that is?

Comment

Should’ve played Amos instead of Gray yesterday, we seem to play better with one up, Amos done ok recently & must be a bit disappointed at not being in the side

Comment

All this sounds like a post mortem on the season, and it might well be , for the first time this season I am having doubts about even making the play offs, need a convincing win at the Den on Tuesday, but again it's far from certain we will in our current state

Comment

A lot of pressure to come away with something on Tuesday night. A loss will make it 3 losses in a row and 2 came from the 2 worst teams in the league where we couldn't even score a goal.

If we do lose then the manager is putting a lot of pressure on himself with the failure to bring in a forward/wide player with pace. We are a slow side and with no outlet like a bos for example, we will continue to struggle against teams who close us down quickly.

Comment

we looked completely poor, Willock not being available was a sign of things to come.

We lacked fluidity in our play, our transitions and link up play were well below our best and we let them have far, far too many shots on goal and we eventually got punished for that, we didnt do the basics.

Personally, I feel we need to rotate the squad for Tuesday, get Dozzell and Amos in the squad and perhaps drop Odubajo and get McCallum back in and give Wallace a rest, we should be going 3-4-3 instead of 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-2-1.

I hope this is only a small blip, but we really need to sort it out, the next week is massive for us now, priority for me is to get to 70-75 points asap, that probably is enough for playoffs.

We need to buck our ideas up here and fast if we are serious about challenging for the playoffs.

Comment

I would like to see a bit more urgency in our play.
                    for the Millwall game I would drop Dickie (maybe could do with a rest) and bring in Sanderson. Start with Adomah and if fit, McCallum.
                    in the middle I would add Amos in place of Gray.

Comment

We dont seem to have a Plan A, let alone anything else. I also can't see us developing as a team either However, I can see that with some positional additions and with experience of playing at the top of the table with its expectation of promotion could see us in the race next season

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        I would like to see a bit more urgency in our play.
                        for the Millwall game I would drop Dickie (maybe could do with a rest) and bring in Sanderson. Start with Adomah and if fit, McCallum.
                        in the middle I would add Amos in place of Gray.
                        Amos and Sanderson yes. Dickie long overdue for a rest. McCallum as soon as he is fit. No more starting two strikers.

And as for coaching, agree with comment re needing fresh ideas. Slow and plodding will not cut it if we r serious about advancing in, beyond the playoffs.

How about replacing, at times, some of the every game starters — Stefan, Dickie, Dunne, Wallace — will bring back a quality that’s begun to ebb: fierce competitiveness..

Comment

You can't drop dickie and dunne together. That would be madness. Dickie needs a rest ahead of dunne. Can't see why we are playing stef if he is being asked to stay deep. He needs to be pushed further up the pitch as he's the best passer we have in midfield. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the engine we need at the minute so putting someone like amos or hendrick with him could work.

Comment

Think it was wrong Warbs going 2 up front knowing Willock was not available. Amos or Dozzell should have taken his place not Gray. Totally unbalanced.

Comment

Just switched TV on to Newcastle v Villa.
                              Having just sat through an eternity to find out if the villa equaliser is going to be allowed to count by some bloke in a studio miles away.
                              This isn't football anymore.
                              And again I'm not sure I want my team's fortunes decided by a nerd on a pc Don't care what anyone says QPR would be cheated out of decisions in this cesspit

Comment

Working...
                              X