On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Really good game and happy with a point, to be honest this is a game we could easily have lost.
    First 20 minutes Boro had 3 excellent chances and they could have been out of sight, shame we couldn’t have got to H/T at 1-0, however Lumley very kindly gave us a goal at the start of the second half, however at no time did we take control of the game.
    After our second Boro took over and totally controlled the game.

Our defending at times was desperate and with no outlet the hall just kept coming back as they launched attack after attack.

Our big problem is upfront, Dykes just cannot win or hold the ball up, Gray was just crap and unfortunately Chair and Willock faded, however unless injured I would not have taken Chair off.

Johannsen had a stinker as did Dickie at times, it was a tough game and no one for us really stood out, Field maybe the best of the bunch.

Overall not unhappy with a point as we never really got going.
    Plenty to play for and 4-6 points from next 2 away games will keep us on track
    Last edited by Romford Hoop; 09-02-2022, 11:55 PM.

I can see sanderson getting into the team sooner than we may expect. Dickie isn't near the level he was at start of the season. His distribution isn't as good and to me he looks knackered towards the end of games. His lack of pace is still our main weakness at the back. Sanderson is quick and can play.

Hopefully McCallum is fit soon as Wallace was very poor tonight. Looked like a very old 34 year old!!

Comment

Knew this would be a tough game after watching them play United on Friday . I'm ok with a point as toward the end we were hanging.on . Said it before don't rate Johansen , thought Hendrick was much better when he came on . Can't knock dyke's for effort he set ball rolling for 2 Nd goal .

Comment

There has been a number of games now where we have started slowly and could of been 2 goals down in the first 10 to 15 minutes, with all this messing about at the back, we are pedestrian at best we are getting away with it.
        I fear that we will pay for it unless we up the pace, hopefully Warburton will sort it.

Comment

They caused us all sorts of problems, quicker all over the pitch, have to take advantage of the point gained , as i see last nights game, and try and win the next 2 away games at Barnsley and Millwall, got a lot of tough fixture to come, soon Blackburn Luton Forest

Comment

We just need to continue grinding out points. There are a number of teams who will be challenging for those play off places and I suspect it will be very tight.

Could really do with Charlie or Gray clicking and may benefit from Hendrick and in time McCallum coming in. Having some proper depth will be key.

Our squad is pretty decent but for me hasn't particularly gelled this season. We have been relying on nicking single goal wins a lot of the time. Fortunately we have players like Willock and Chair who have the ability to turn games.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              We just need to continue grinding out points. There are a number of teams who will be challenging for those play off places and I suspect it will be very tight.

Could really do with Charlie or Gray clicking and may benefit from Hendrick and in time McCallum coming in. Having some proper depth will be key.

Our squad is pretty decent but for me hasn't particularly gelled this season. We have been relying on nicking single goal wins a lot of the time. Fortunately we have players like Willock and Chair who have the ability to turn games.
              Agreed and we need to find a way to play with both Willock and Chair (as we did when Eze was at QPR) and win games by more than 1 goal. As for grinding out points, if they are against fellow top 6 (promotion) challengers, then yes, draws are acceptable as long as we don't lose to them or lose ground with others winning. Last night , Blackburn lost as did WBA to fellow challengers so at least we got a point, Pity that Bournemouth won.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                I can see sanderson getting into the team sooner than we may expect. Dickie isn't near the level he was at start of the season. His distribution isn't as good and to me he looks knackered towards the end of games. His lack of pace is still our main weakness at the back. Sanderson is quick and can play.

Hopefully McCallum is fit soon as Wallace was very poor tonight. Looked like a very old 34 year old!!
                Totally agree with this.

Think bringing in Sanderson for Dickie next game will also send a message that you'll have to fight to keep your starting role on the back line.

Comment

The Last 12 match Form Table reveals much.

Hopefully our form will improve, plenty of scope for points from February's fixtures.

Screenshot_20220209-223504-01.jpeg
                  Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts.

Comment

MW reckons Jonansen was subbed off because he's not been well. Should he have started if he was not at his best given that we have options?

Comment

Yes. Stef is too inconsistent, currently it feels like he only plays well 1 in every 3 games... maybe it's down to who we're playing and how congested the midfield is or how combative the opposition are. Whatever, I dont think he deserves to be starting games on his current form - I'd like to see more of Dozzell, he seemed to be really finding his feet towards end of 2021 but seems to have slipped from Warb's plans since. But, you'd have to think Hendrick will now be ahead of Stef in the pecking order.
                      I have no idea what's happened to Dickie this season..... he had those booming strikes in EFL Cup in August and then seemed to disappear into a shell where he's remained ever since.
                      Overall I'm content with a point but it kind of means we really need at least a win and a draw from next games at Barnsley and Wall if we are genuine contenders for top 2.

Comment

we need at least 26 points from the last 17 games to be sure of the play offs

Comment

Sometimes bring different friends to games , not one of them have rated Johansen

Comment

Working...
                          X