Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a slow team weather the playoff run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was obvious Boro where going to give us problems, very fluid , very fast and very progressive football team, but we didn't do the things well that we should be doing, closing down battling etc, we looked pedestrian for most of the second half.
    Steff should be stood down for a couple of games, he's been poor, Hendrick should put a bit more bite in midfield, he looked comfortable and assured when he came on, Dickie needs resting as well, he's another who seems to have lost his mojo as well, Sanderson in for him, get some help for Dykes up front, push Willock up closer to him, and above all bloody liven themselves up in general.
    Having said all that , we are where we are on merit, it's been a very good season so far, compared to recent years, but I suppose if we were top of the league, leading by 25 points, we'd all have F uck all to talk about

Comment

Although I’m very pleased to take a point I still feel disappointed that we failed to put Boro under some real pressure despite taking the lead twice.

I was interested to read the Barnsley manager saying he’s looking forward to our fixture” as QPR like to play attacking football which will suit us rather than a team with a more direct style of play ‘

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
        I can't remember there being much in the way of pace in our last play-off winning side.
        This is true for the play off winning team, Warnock's team had some pace in places.
        I think if you have enough quality within the team it's not so much of an issue. Do we have enough quality though?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo

Absolutely agree. That side was fairly slow although Ned had a bit of pace to him, Danny Simpson wasn't a slouch and Junior wasn't too bad. The others were all pretty experienced and had good positional sense, like Dunne and Clint. I remember thinking back then that we weren't good enough but we made it.

I didn't think we had that quality in this current side until recently but now I think we do. We won't be dominating too many sides but with the confidence and attitude shown recently I don't think we will be far off. If we fall short it won't be by much IMO.
          I share your optimism, I think we will continue to grind out results, and that might be enough to keep us in the mix.

Comment

I think alot of the criticism of the strikers is born from a lack of service from the flanks, and the criticism of Stef in particular is born from a lack of options for a forward pass.

We are damn lucky to have Willock, and to have some luck on our side too.

Some pace would change things dramatically, either on the flanks or upfront.

We can't look to the past, the dynamic has changed and though not that long ago, the game has changed.

Comment

Working...
            X