On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Dreadful 90 minutes of football, scrappy and mostly devoid of skill and chances, Rangers are desperately short of options upfront, Austin not worth his place and when Dykes was presented with the chance of the game 7 minutes from time he toe poked a weak shot straight at the keeper.
    We just had too many players tonight totally off form, I find it difficult to name 1 player who looked good.
    Thought Amos was ok and was surprised when he was subbed.
    Overall not worth discussing the game as it was so poor.
    Badly need Chair back and a decent striker, Swansea were there for the taking but ultimately we were not good enough.

To be fair, it was a poor game from both sides really, so 0-0 was probably a fair result.

100% need another striker in on loan as well as a backup for Chair.

Not good enough tonight, simple as.

Comment

that was poor. Up top is a real worry. Wonder whats happened to all those supposed teams wanting Dykes.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
        that was poor. Up top is a real worry. Wonder whats happened to all those supposed teams wanting Dykes.
        In the same queue as the clubs willing to pay 15 million plus for Dickie

Comment

Just back. Well that was poor! Just lacked any sort of spark from minute 1. Hard to know where to start to be honest. Dickie and barbet were awful. Neither were anywhere near their best, dickie looked disinterested mostly.

The arrival of sanderson is just what the back 3 needs. Stiff competition. No tempo at all tonight.

A complete lack of urgency from 1 to 11. We had a huge chance to get 3 points and didn't look up for it at all. Austin should have done better with his header in 1st half. Dykes didn't get any power on his shot and it was straight at Hamer.

Willock is the only player we have who can turn and run at someone. We badly need a wide player with serious pace. Still haven't replaced bright. It's all so slow and predictable from us. Amos was anonymous until his run and shot which unfortunately hit the post and was hacked clear. Then he was subbed off!!

We actually missed Gray in this one. No one ran in behind or offered up for a ball over the top. We need 2 players imo. A winger and either a wingback or a number 10. Oh and someone with pace!!!

Positives were a clean sheet and at least we didn't lose. P.s. the ref was a joke. He constantly slowed the game down, every free kick killed the flow of the game while we waited for him to wander slowly back to the middle of the pitch before blowing his whistle to get things back underway! He killed any urgency to get the game restarted by talking to players or just reminding everyone who was in charge. Absolute c**k!

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
            Dreadful 90 minutes of football, scrappy and mostly devoid of skill and chances, Rangers are desperately short of options upfront, Austin not worth his place and when Dykes was presented with the chance of the game 7 minutes from time he toe poked a weak shot straight at the keeper.
            We just had too many players tonight totally off form, I find it difficult to name 1 player who looked good.
            Thought Amos was ok and was surprised when he was subbed.
            Overall not worth discussing the game as it was so poor.
            Badly need Chair back and a decent striker, Swansea were there for the taking but ultimately we were not good enough.

Really. I thought Willock was the stand out player on the pitch. Looks a different level every time I watch him. His delivery and close control deserves to be gracing premier League football. Apart from that agree awful performance where we just didn't show up
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

Really. I thought Willock was the stand out player on the pitch. Looks a different level every time I watch him. His delivery and close control deserves to be gracing premier League football. Apart from that agree awful performance where we just didn't show up
              And now Willock has a minor knee injury apparently. It never rains.

Comment

Willock was our best player , looks to go forward with the ball and tries to make things happen . Often has 2 or 3 opposition players around him this should create space for others

Comment

We have been on a great run but are nicking games rather than romping home. Last night didn't quite happen but another point and clean sheet. Think we all know we are doing amazingly well to be where we are so no complaints from me. If we can keep it tight and keep nicking wins and draws we have a realistic chance of the play offs which would be a real achievement.

Agree that adding Sanderson provides some good competition and cover at the back and it is vital we remain strong in defence for the remainder of the season as I'm not convinced we have enough going forwards a lot of the time. Strange when you consider we have Austin, Dykes and Gray up top together with Willock and Chair as our more forward thinking midfielders. We see some impressive moments but should be a more consistent threat in games. Agree with MW we could really do with another attacking player. That would deal with Chair being away and also add some potency over the next few months when we need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                    Just back. Well that was poor! Just lacked any sort of spark from minute 1. Hard to know where to start to be honest. Dickie and barbet were awful. Neither were anywhere near their best, dickie looked disinterested mostly.

The arrival of sanderson is just what the back 3 needs. Stiff competition. No tempo at all tonight.

A complete lack of urgency from 1 to 11. We had a huge chance to get 3 points and didn't look up for it at all. Austin should have done better with his header in 1st half. Dykes didn't get any power on his shot and it was straight at Hamer.

Willock is the only player we have who can turn and run at someone. We badly need a wide player with serious pace. Still haven't replaced bright. It's all so slow and predictable from us. Amos was anonymous until his run and shot which unfortunately hit the post and was hacked clear. Then he was subbed off!!

We actually missed Gray in this one. No one ran in behind or offered up for a ball over the top. We need 2 players imo. A winger and either a wingback or a number 10. Oh and someone with pace!!!

Positives were a clean sheet and at least we didn't lose. P.s. the ref was a joke. He constantly slowed the game down, every free kick killed the flow of the game while we waited for him to wander slowly back to the middle of the pitch before blowing his whistle to get things back underway! He killed any urgency to get the game restarted by talking to players or just reminding everyone who was in charge. Absolute c**k!
                    Agree with much of this and other comments about the game. However, I am glad Austin's header was saved as he was incorrectly flagged offside and having a 'goal' disallowed would have been even harder to take.

Dykes should have done better with his late chance (could have shot with his left for a start) and is looking more like the striker of the 1st two thirds of last season.

The whole tempo of the game was slow and scrappy with very poor passing at vital times. I know Swansea are usually very good at keeping possession, so well done to QPR for not letting them have as much as usual, but they could have used the ball better when they did. I thought we improved a bit when Adomah came on and Odubajo switched flanks.

I still don't know why Barbet is even allowed to take free kicks ( I think I have only ever seen him get one on target - and that was saved - out of about 10-15 attempts in almost 3 seasons).

We did miss Gray and we need another striker as he will be away again at the end of March as will Dykes, and neither are likely to be ready to play after the International break. Another striker will also give more options for the last 3 months of the season. There is a great opportunity to finish in the top 2 now and we should grasp it with both hands before it slips away. I don't know what options are available to the club now, but hopefully Warburton and Ferdinand have some lined up.

Comment

Yeah look, it wasn't great, but didn't lose, got another vital point, and kept another clean sheet, still in a very good position to be in where we are. However the frailties are there for all to see, we did look very tired and no energy to speak of, we seem to have theCB position covered now with Sanderson coming in, but like it's been said over and over, a wing back and striker are desperately needed, and time is ticking by, hope something happens very soon

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                        Yeah look, it wasn't great, but didn't lose, got another vital point, and kept another clean sheet, still in a very good position to be in where we are. However the frailties are there for all to see, we did look very tired and no energy to speak of, we seem to have theCB position covered now with Sanderson coming in, but like it's been said over and over, a wing back and striker are desperately needed, and time is ticking by, hope something happens very soon
                        On the plus side, McCallum should be back soon and will add some pace to the left flank (can probably play alongside Wallace if QPR change formation slightly).

Comment

The first 10 minutes looked good from our perspective on TV, then it got progressively scrappier and hard to watch. It really fell apart as a match from 60th minute when our subs ruined any control we had in midfield.

My Dad called me up (Man Utd fan) and said that's two hours of his life he wants back. Not only was it crap but it never looked like getting better. No one showed any nouse.

Yup.

I don't think enough credit is given to Swansea for constantly breaking up play and fighting hard against our press. They're down the table but were in the play off finale last year, they are a good side. Games like last night can happen when two footballing teams get together, too similar in style. They simply lacked the quality to capitalise on our errors, and many other teams would've eaten us alive for our passing and slow build up in our final third, horrendous.

Is Marshall known for bad distribution? Seemed happy to not offload the ball to the nearest defender. I like that he's very positive in his positioning though.

I think alot of our performance last night, and this season can be put down to poor crossing, too slow and not dangerous. None of our strikers are match winners by themselves, they are opportunists and they can be that without opportunities. Chaz is getting nastier as a player and it could be down to frustration. Dykes is a confidence player and he's slipping back into the same role he had in the first 6 months here, ie not scoring and snatching at chances as they are so few and far between.

Tactics and idea was good last night but the quality let us down.

Comment

Dykes needs to spend less time In the tattooists and more time practising in front of goal , he's starting to look like something out of prison break . Swansea were s small side and neither dykes or Austin won many headers

Comment

Very frustrating game - I feel that Swansea did what they came to do and frustrated and fouled every creative moment we had - helped by a completely incompetent ref and linesmen.

that said both Steff and Charlie probably had their worst games for us.

Dykes needs to start and have a good run of games - i think he seems to score in batches which is hard to do from the bench. Austin sadly is not a 90min player anymore and an Impact sub is probably where his future lies.

Moses had his best game for us on both flanks - he took some terrible stick from the swansea players but the ref seemed oblivious to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X