If you could have only one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could have only one?

MW rightfully says his wish list in the January transfer window includes a new CB and attacking midfielder.

If you could choose only one? Go for the midfielder.

We can still keep Conor Masterson who, together with Jordy, is decent insurance for our amazingly stalwart back three. In a pinch, could also temporarily rotate Osman back to a CB if no other options were then available.

Assuming the RB (Albert/Osman/Moses) and LB (Wallace/Moses/Sam) slots are set for the duration, that we'd play with a defensive midfielder (Field/Ball/Amos), and some combo of two #10s (Willock, Chair) and/or two strikers (Lyndon, Charlie, Andre), it leaves one critical position: attacking midfielder.

Believe Stefan is slowing down, Dozzell not yet ready, and Thomas best as a second half, 25-minute spark plug. We need another ready-to-play, ready-to-quarterback, option there.

Would go all out for that signing -- a la Tom Lawrence.

Then we can ready ourselves for an exciting, and hopefully successful, run to return to the top league.

Thoughts?

Lawrence in my opinion is the missing cog, in what still a highly functional machine, it would be a dream to get him if we could, however I feel that finances will once again stymie us

Comment

Isn't Lawrence a freebie in 5 months? Any fee payable today would be negligible. However, I'm sure many clubs would offer him a bigger remuneration package than we could so its hard to see him coming here.
      I actually think Dozzell IS ready and we dont need any more midfielders.

I can't see Uncle and Lee staying fit for next 20 games. Moses and Sam seem injury prone and Osman is not much cop. I therefore feel that full-backs or wing-backs ought to be our priority if we have finances for any incomings.

Comment

Where are we now, 23rd January, and still no real DEFINATE business done for any first team outfield player, either definate starters or cover, we wont last the pace for the rest of the season with the squad we have.MW pointed out post match, that for the next 6 weeks we have games every 4 days, that is absolutely punishing by anybody's standards, I have concerns

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
          Where are we now, 23rd January, and still no real DEFINATE business done for any first team outfield player, either definate starters or cover, we wont last the pace for the rest of the season with the squad we have.MW pointed out post match, that for the next 6 weeks we have games every 4 days, that is absolutely punishing by anybody's standards, I have concerns
          Not only concerns with injuries or loss of form.Sam Field is one Yellow card away from a suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post

Not only concerns with injuries or loss of form.Sam Field is one Yellow card away from a suspension.
            Thought it was wiped after game 19 ? Then you need to get a total of 10 to get a 2 game sin bin ?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              Isn't Lawrence a freebie in 5 months? Any fee payable today would be negligible. However, I'm sure many clubs would offer him a bigger remuneration package than we could so its hard to see him coming here.
              I actually think Dozzell IS ready and we dont need any more midfielders.

I can't see Uncle and Lee staying fit for next 20 games. Moses and Sam seem injury prone and Osman is not much cop. I therefore feel that full-backs or wing-backs ought to be our priority if we have finances for any incomings.
              How wing/full backs are not 1st, 2nd and third on the list i'm not sure

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Thought it was wiped after game 19 ? Then you need to get a total of 10 to get a 2 game sin bin ?
                The reason I picked up on it was it was pointed out that Field had picked up 4 Yellows in 6 games in an article I read before the Cov game.

Old rules were 5 Yellows = 1 match ban but after reading your post I checked on a couple of sites and still none the wiser,but would like to think your correct.

Comment

Agreed, but it's above controlling the ball, if you can keep it with good midfielders and be as progressive as you can by keeping the ball, that should keep the pressure off, easy to say from my armchair not so easy for those boys on the pitch. I think we all know what we want to see come in, end of the day it's down to MW and LF to sort it out somehow

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post

The reason I picked up on it was it was pointed out that Field had picked up 4 Yellows in 6 games in an article I read before the Cov game.

Old rules were 5 Yellows = 1 match ban but after reading your post I checked on a couple of sites and still none the wiser,but would like to think your correct.
                    Hope its correct cos we need him !!

Comment

Working...
                    X