No announcement yet.

Unashamed homage to football fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so jealous, I missed Wembley in 67. I grew up in a Fulham and Chelsea ‘supporting’ family.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Used to get 50p pocket money 2p on the bus , 30p to get in loft , 8p a hot dog in shepherds Bush market then 2p to get home ...

Comment

Grew up in college park & lived at scrubs lane & went to Christopher Wren school, first went to see the hoops in 1958 aged 8 & 63 years later still going strong, my dad was a fan & both went to that memorable 67 final, 3rd division days was fun & hardly missed a match 66/67 year, great times & memories

Comment

I miss Pie and Mash in Cooks on the Goldhawk Rd, and the long gone Taylors on Hammersmith Broadway opposite the Odeon.

I understand there is a Pie and Mash shop in White City estate, anybody been?

Comment

When I started this topic I was sort of thinking out loud.l never imagined it would get so many responses, but it's fantastic to hear other people's memories and great that so many people have responded, thanks to everyone who has taken time to get involved, but most of all thanks for the memories

Comment

Anyone remember playing football on the red ash on a Sunday morning ? Used to have about 25 to a team

Comment

Played on the red ash for school just down the road from HQ, it’s now a sports centre

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  Anyone remember playing football on the red ash on a Sunday morning ? Used to have about 25 to a team
                  Spent my youth in Ravenscourt Park

A Irish bloke by the name of John use to arrange mini tournaments, just turn up and you played.

Comment

Never played on ash, but the worst I played on was when I lived in Gibraltar when the old man was posted there in the Army, it was a sandy type mixture with the odd seashell thrown in!!
                    It worked wonders for the balance, sh it scared of going over as it was like getting a severe rub down with 60 grit sandpaper!!

Comment

I did a weeks diving in Gib, great time with the RAF on their boat and mega #### ups in their social club.

Comment

It's a great place to live, I loved my time there Dave

Comment

I done all the plans on AutoCad and helped built all them wooden bars which strut out into the water in Ocean Village Gibraltar.

Comment

I was there just before the Gulf war, one of my enduring diving memories was surfacing after a dive along the breakwater and seeing a Royal Navy aircraft carrier in the distance with accompanying Destroyers on their way into Gib and two BAe Harriers streaking across the sky.

Comment

Anyone use to wait round alley off bloomfontein rd where players used to park and walk through to get there autograph,remember phil parkes i was only 10 he was like a giant walking down the road in his sheepskin coat

Comment

As a youngster, I use to stand outside the old Ellerslie Rd stand waiting for the players to sign my little book, and I still have the signatures 50 years later.

Rodney Marsh, Gerry Francis, Phil Parkes, Terry Venables et all, I got Dave Mackay’s signature when he was player manager of Swindon Town.

On the day of the Swindon game, I ran over to a group of players, tripped up and I was picked off the floor by Terry Venables and Dave Mackay, probables team mates at Spurs a few years earlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X