I am so jealous, I missed Wembley in 67. I grew up in a Fulham and Chelsea ‘supporting’ family.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
Unashamed homage to football fans
Collapse
X
-
-
Grew up in college park & lived at scrubs lane & went to Christopher Wren school, first went to see the hoops in 1958 aged 8 & 63 years later still going strong, my dad was a fan & both went to that memorable 67 final, 3rd division days was fun & hardly missed a match 66/67 year, great times & memoriesComment
-
I miss Pie and Mash in Cooks on the Goldhawk Rd, and the long gone Taylors on Hammersmith Broadway opposite the Odeon.
I understand there is a Pie and Mash shop in White City estate, anybody been?I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.
Comment
-
When I started this topic I was sort of thinking out loud.l never imagined it would get so many responses, but it's fantastic to hear other people's memories and great that so many people have responded, thanks to everyone who has taken time to get involved, but most of all thanks for the memoriesComment
-
Anyone remember playing football on the red ash on a Sunday morning ? Used to have about 25 to a team
Comment
-
I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.
Comment
-
Never played on ash, but the worst I played on was when I lived in Gibraltar when the old man was posted there in the Army, it was a sandy type mixture with the odd seashell thrown in!!
It worked wonders for the balance, sh it scared of going over as it was like getting a severe rub down with 60 grit sandpaper!!Comment
-
I did a weeks diving in Gib, great time with the RAF on their boat and mega #### ups in their social club.I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.
Comment
-
I done all the plans on AutoCad and helped built all them wooden bars which strut out into the water in Ocean Village Gibraltar.
Comment
-
I was there just before the Gulf war, one of my enduring diving memories was surfacing after a dive along the breakwater and seeing a Royal Navy aircraft carrier in the distance with accompanying Destroyers on their way into Gib and two BAe Harriers streaking across the sky.I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.
Comment
-
Anyone use to wait round alley off bloomfontein rd where players used to park and walk through to get there autograph,remember phil parkes i was only 10 he was like a giant walking down the road in his sheepskin coatComment
-
As a youngster, I use to stand outside the old Ellerslie Rd stand waiting for the players to sign my little book, and I still have the signatures 50 years later.
Rodney Marsh, Gerry Francis, Phil Parkes, Terry Venables et all, I got Dave Mackay’s signature when he was player manager of Swindon Town.
On the day of the Swindon game, I ran over to a group of players, tripped up and I was picked off the floor by Terry Venables and Dave Mackay, probables team mates at Spurs a few years earlier.I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.
Comment
Comment