Unashamed homage to football fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

62 years young.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

65 years old I am,
      First game in 1963 age 7
      can't imagine my life without the Rs.
      Good and bad I'm just an old superhoop and proud of it.

Comment

I bet you lot all went to games with your wooden rattle!

Comment

Originally posted by eam1882 View Post
          65 years old I am,
          First game in 1963 age 7
          can't imagine my life without the Rs.
          Good and bad I'm just an old superhoop and proud of it.
          Well said mate, and I cannot imagine life without Rangers either.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

No, not a wooden rattle, more with a smile on our faces, as Rodney Marsh and Stanley Bowles put them there.

Comment

LOL!! Got to be be said I did see the odd one in the early days!! There was a bloke in the loft who used to bring a big bass drum as well if memory serves me well, but I am getting on a bit so maybe not!!

Comment

It is comforting to know I am not the only old ####### yelling at his keyboard from time to time on here!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Anyone else admit to wearing silk scarves on each wrist around mid 70s?

Comment

Kev, you aren't mistaken, the drum was there all through the seventy’s.

Banging out “in the net” at corners.

Today, sadly, the Loft is an pale shadow of it former self.

It was not always rammed full, but when it was 10,000 R’s loved it, the noise was amazing, especially at night.

The Loft was always taken by Chelsea, Millwall and West Ham, but generally their fans went home disappointed after another sound beating.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh67 View Post
                      Yes, guilty as charged, and my mum knitted my first woollen scarf.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh67 View Post
                        Guilty as well, had to be done

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                          Kev, you aren't mistaken, the drum was there all through the seventy’s.

Banging out “in the net” at corners.

Today, sadly, the Loft is an pale shadow of it former self.

It was not always rammed full, but when it was 10,000 R’s loved it, the noise was amazing, especially at night.

The Loft was always taken by Chelsea, Millwall and West Ham, but generally their fans went home disappointed after another sound beating.
                          It was fantastic in there mate, yesterday in the R block felt a bit like it did back then, in fact the whole ground got going for once, bought a tingle for sure..
                          I love a shout up and love singing the chants, not everyone does, but to me it's an essential part of the match day experience,

Comment

I'm a bit younger so while I might not of been touched by Rodney Marsh I did get clattered by a miscued Rob Steiner shot when I was a kid in the lower loft. I can't remember my first game at all, the opponent or score, but I remember Les Ferdinand scored so it must of been 1995 or 1994 best guess. Should ask my older brother if he remembers what game that was.

EDIT: I remember we won too, so I'm 95% sure it was a home victory 1994-5 season in which Ferdinand scored. Small possibility it might have been 1993-4

Comment

Originally posted by BusRider View Post
                              I'm a bit younger so while I might not of been touched by Rodney Marsh I did get clattered by a miscued Rob Steiner shot when I was a kid in the lower loft. I can't remember my first game at all, the opponent or score, but I remember Les Ferdinand scored so it must of been 1995 or 1994 best guess. Should ask my older brother if he remembers what game that was.

EDIT: I remember we won too, so I'm 95% sure it was a home victory 1994-5 season in which Ferdinand scored. Small possibility it might have been 1993-4
                              We all have our special memories mate, I can't remember a lot of the games I've seen in specific detail either, but some stay in the memory more than others, so many great games down the years, some not so great as well, but they are all memories, both games in the 82 FA cup final against Spurs I can remember like they were yesterday, and of course more recently, good old Bobby Zamora in the play off final!!
                              There are many more good days to come I hope

Comment

I did my grandad made it,it was painted blue and white, took it to Wembley 67 and smacked my uncle in the face with it.happy days

Comment

Working...
                                X