62 years young.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
Unashamed homage to football fans
Collapse
X
-
-
-
Comment
-
Comment
-
Comment
-
Kev, you aren't mistaken, the drum was there all through the seventy’s.
Banging out “in the net” at corners.
Today, sadly, the Loft is an pale shadow of it former self.
It was not always rammed full, but when it was 10,000 R’s loved it, the noise was amazing, especially at night.
The Loft was always taken by Chelsea, Millwall and West Ham, but generally their fans went home disappointed after another sound beating.I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.
Comment
-
Comment
-
It was fantastic in there mate, yesterday in the R block felt a bit like it did back then, in fact the whole ground got going for once, bought a tingle for sure..Kev, you aren't mistaken, the drum was there all through the seventy’s.
Banging out “in the net” at corners.
Today, sadly, the Loft is an pale shadow of it former self.
It was not always rammed full, but when it was 10,000 R’s loved it, the noise was amazing, especially at night.
The Loft was always taken by Chelsea, Millwall and West Ham, but generally their fans went home disappointed after another sound beating.
I love a shout up and love singing the chants, not everyone does, but to me it's an essential part of the match day experience,Comment
-
I'm a bit younger so while I might not of been touched by Rodney Marsh I did get clattered by a miscued Rob Steiner shot when I was a kid in the lower loft. I can't remember my first game at all, the opponent or score, but I remember Les Ferdinand scored so it must of been 1995 or 1994 best guess. Should ask my older brother if he remembers what game that was.
EDIT: I remember we won too, so I'm 95% sure it was a home victory 1994-5 season in which Ferdinand scored. Small possibility it might have been 1993-4Comment
-
We all have our special memories mate, I can't remember a lot of the games I've seen in specific detail either, but some stay in the memory more than others, so many great games down the years, some not so great as well, but they are all memories, both games in the 82 FA cup final against Spurs I can remember like they were yesterday, and of course more recently, good old Bobby Zamora in the play off final!!I'm a bit younger so while I might not of been touched by Rodney Marsh I did get clattered by a miscued Rob Steiner shot when I was a kid in the lower loft. I can't remember my first game at all, the opponent or score, but I remember Les Ferdinand scored so it must of been 1995 or 1994 best guess. Should ask my older brother if he remembers what game that was.
EDIT: I remember we won too, so I'm 95% sure it was a home victory 1994-5 season in which Ferdinand scored. Small possibility it might have been 1993-4
There are many more good days to come I hopeComment
Comment