Forest and Middlesbrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest and Middlesbrough

Both really active in the transfer window with very astute signings.

They seem to be really going for it following their managerial changes

Really hard for us given our budget.

If we can retain a top 6 spot come May that will be a fantastic achievement as in my opinion the following 6 are looking very strong;

Bournemouth
    Fulham
    WBA
    Forest
    Middlesbrough
    Blsckburn

I’m far from pessimistic but being realistic

Strangely enough, the bottom 3 on your list have been very strong of late, the other 3 have been stuttering after strong starts.
    I still think we are in with a strong shout for a top six as things stand at the moment, two good away wins under the belt recently, and Saturday and West Brom is a massive game for both clubs, I think we can edge them which would be strong for us

Comment

We do not have resources of a lot of those around us. However if we can keep our current squad and maybe pad it out a bit with a couple of additions we have a chance. Even more so if a few of the players and the team as a whole suddenly click. I think we have done really well to be where we are but just get the impression the team has not fully clicked yet. Niggles on every area of the pitch. Could be more to come from this team in terms of fluency and consistency.

Comment

All this spending from other clubs and only 3 teams can go up. Fulham and Bournemouth I’d say are nailed on so 1 spot left. Risky business considering the amount of clubs in financial meltdown at the moment. I’m happy we’re not going out spending, finding players like Willock for 500k will do us nicely. If we finish in the top 6 will be a fantastic season considering the teams around us.

Comment

S*it or bust from a few teams there!

the Fact that Blackburn are up there when they were the worst most negative team we have played this season is amazing- just shows you how close things are and how well we are doing

Comment

This period up to the end of January I think is going to be pivotal for a lot of teams, going to be interesting to see how things look in 3 weeks time, exciting times ahead!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
              Both really active in the transfer window with very astute signings.

They seem to be really going for it following their managerial changes

Really hard for us given our budget.

If we can retain a top 6 spot come May that will be a fantastic achievement as in my opinion the following 6 are looking very strong;

Bournemouth
              Fulham
              WBA
              Forest
              Middlesbrough
              Blsckburn

I’m far from pessimistic but being realistic
              I agree with that top 6 you predict ,with Fulham and Bournemouth getting automatic promotion.
              I predicted 8th place before season started and should we finish there I'd still regard it as a good achievement.

Comment

Nah can't agree, sorry, out of the top six this year would be a disappointment for me, with this team at the moment, best chance we have had in a long time. I know we have covered this in depth, in plenty of different threads, but I'll keep saying it until it's not possible, we can all beg to differ on this, but I'm backing the team until the end

Comment

6 out of the next 8 League matches are at home,get that right and things could get exciting in my house.

West Brom Home 15 Jan
                  Coventry Away 22 Jan
                  Swansea Home 25 Jan
                  Reading Home 28 Jan
                  Boro Home 9 Feb
                  Barnsley Away 12 Feb
                  Hull Home 19 Feb
                  Blackpool Home 23 Feb

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                    This period up to the end of January I think is going to be pivotal for a lot of teams, going to be interesting to see how things look in 3 weeks time, exciting times ahead!!
                    Yes indeed.

Comment

With those fixtures, if we get on a roll of sorts, could really cement our position in top 6, cmon you R's !!!

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
                        6 out of the next 8 League matches are at home,get that right and things could get exciting in my house.

West Brom Home 15 Jan
                        Coventry Away 22 Jan
                        Swansea Home 25 Jan
                        Reading Home 28 Jan
                        Boro Home 9 Feb
                        Barnsley Away 12 Feb
                        Hull Home 19 Feb
                        Blackpool Home 23 Feb
                        Not convinced the two away games are insurmountable either. Also not suggesting we'll get a whole bag full of points (unfortunately), but I reckon there's enough there to keep us in the top six. Come the end of the season, eighth would still be a tidy finish, but as Kev says, don't give up on a Rangers top six yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post

West Brom Home 15 Jan
                          Coventry Away 22 Jan
                          Swansea Home 25 Jan
                          Reading Home 28 Jan
                          Boro Home 9 Feb
                          Barnsley Away 12 Feb
                          Hull Home 19 Feb
                          Blackpool Home 23 Feb
                          Need 14-16 points from those games to stay in the hunt I reckon. Need to step up the home form, but should get points from the two aways

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                            two good away wins under the belt recently,
                            Two good away results, but we played poorly in both.
                            We played poorly in the cup as well.
                            If we can still pick up points whilst not playing our best, then when we hit our stride, it will be fantastic.

Comment

Absolutely!! The signs are positive

Comment

Working...
                              X