Charlie Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Austin

Why so slow? Why lack of movement? Why no workrate? Why so……dissapointing?

Anyone with an explanation?

Maybe, the wife and him and trying for a new baby, Charlie does looks shagged though.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
      Maybe, the wife and him and trying for a new baby, Charlie does looks shagged though.
      Possible, but with that movement and workrate he can’t score even in his own house,

Comment

He does seem to be shooting blanks lately.

Comment

……………………..
          ​​…………………….

Comment

I am not sure what happened to his game and was a bit miffed when he hoofed the ball up in the air when we had a 2 on 2 situation.

Hopefully we will get to see some more goals from him soon.

Comment

I think it may help us supporters if Charlie explained why he sat in the Stan Bowles stand after he was subbed.

It cannot be about him being subbed again, he is either subbed or comes on as a sub nearly every game.

Was he so disappointed in his own performance and needed 10 minutes to calm down on his own.

I would like to think so.

Comment

Was only speaking about this yday to mates shadow of his former self , he's slow and every time he runs he looks shattered after .

Comment

He is pushing on,looks unfit and obviously his best days are behind him.

Comment

He doesnt look the player from last season but before Xmas seemed to have shifted some weight. I'm not sure what that family issue he recently had, but perhaps that impacting him? Did the lose his mother or father?

I've said all along that his role is more than than just playing and if he can help turn Dykes into a £15m striker then hes earned his wedge.

He wants to do the best for us so I'm sure he'll know what to do next to be better on the pitch. Hes into the last 18 months of his playing career so I'm confident he'd want to so the very best he can.

Comment

It maybe a combination of the above and also the fact that he was never exactly a whippet, and that is frustrating.

We simply don't create enough chances for him to prove his worth in my opinion, and is isolated for too many games. Last season he was great in partnership with Lyndon, they both benefited each other. Charlie has had a couple of cracking games this season so the player is still there.

If interviewed he's never been one to shy away so you'd get an answer.

Comment

He's fed up, not scoring and thats that. The guy wants to play 90 mins, wants to score, but cant do both right now!

Comment

I wonder if Charlie knows or feels he is fast approaching playing career end.
                          Sitting in the stand was frustration imo.
                          Such a shame he was fantastic last year.

Comment

Not sure why he is so much less effective than last season. If you had asked my pre-season expectations I would likely have said circa 15 goals and to be a great influence in the dressing room.

I can't see it is attitude related. He just isn't the type not to try. Could have family issues and most of us know the impact that can have.

Reminds me a little of Bobby Z. Took a lot of stick from fans in the Premiership. Had no mobility, pace and wasn't scoring. We then find out he had needed surgery for months and had been playing through the pain barrier as the team needed him. It isn't always obvious what is going on.

Hopefully he can sort things out and get back to more his old self at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              I wonder if Charlie knows or feels he is fast approaching playing career end.
                              Sitting in the stand was frustration imo.
                              Such a shame he was fantastic last year.
                              He's having a bad patch, but just a few Months back he was banging them in. He'll be ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X