4th round of the cup. Who do you want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th round of the cup. Who do you want

Me i would love the spanners away or spuds.

Any big team away, to put some money in the bank, but knowing our luck it will be another banana skin team, and all we will get is embarrassed!!

Comment

Home to Cambridge!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Home to any lower league team, beat them then you are talking, the 5th round.

Then it get’s interesting, especially for Lee Hoos and the bank manager.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Cross I was thinking that until I found out how much a club gets for progressing in the FA cup. 82,000 for a 3rd round win 90,000 for 4th, 180,000 5th round and 360,000 for quarter final. Such a shame for such a brilliant competition
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

A london Prem team at Home apart from Brentford

Comment

Either a non league team for a bit of FA Cup romanticism, or Man City/Liverpool/Man Utd/Spurs so we get a big old game and either something glorious or knocked out.

Rotherham was wost case scenario in terms of the league really, alot of first team players putting a massive shift in, and injury to our second choice goalie while 1st choice is away.

Comment

Spurs away, would love to go to the best stadium in the country
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I guess its about whether you want a "day out " or a chance of Progressing ...we would have little chance of winning away at the big teams ..I know Cambridge did it yesterday but Newcastle are a shambles ..where as we have proven in the past most recently against Everton that we can square up to the Big teams at home especially under lights....Chelsea ..Spurs ...Liverpool ..Arsenal have all struggled against us at home in recent years even Man city had a hard game the last time they visited...so for me a home game and a chance to advance is better than a day out at one of the big teams.

We don't normally do cup competitions so we should take this chance to stay in for as long as possible

Comment

Kidderminster at home

Comment

the glamour of the club is an interesting one, in 1982 we were at our level now in terms of league we played mboro at home and drew, won the replay and got blackpool away, drew and beat them at home, then grimsby at home and won, then it is the q/f and we got Palace and the famous clive allen 90th min winner , now it is a semi final and you have avoided any "big guns" , we got WBA who were a top 6 team in the old div 1 ( prem now) and forever in uefa cup and we beat them 1-0 to meet spurs. so maybe a few dull cup games and suddenly the arched wembley is in view!

Comment

Any team where there is sufficient interest to charge normal ticket prices. I'm sure the club would have lost money hosting yesterdays game after stadium and policing costs.

Comment

From a financial point of view it has to be a televised game away to a club with a 40K or more stadium. Given our luck it will be a non-televised game away to Barnsley, not even on the "Red Button".

I fancy a trip to Goodison - they are garbage at the moment and we could conceivably progress AND make some dosh too cos game would have a probability of being on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                            From a financial point of view it has to be a televised game away to a club with a 40K or more stadium. Given our luck it will be a non-televised game away to Barnsley, not even on the "Red Button".

I fancy a trip to Goodison - they are garbage at the moment and we could conceivably progress AND make some dosh too cos game would have a probability of being on TV.
                            Everton is a good shout, I suspect we would get a massive travelling support if we were drawn away to them.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

Everton is a good shout, I suspect we would get a massive travelling support if we were drawn away to them.
                              The away end at Everton, the Bullens Rd stand holds only 3,000, in a capacity of 39,000, not sure how they would up that for a cup game.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
                              X