No announcement yet.

Sinclair Armstrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gallen and Clive Allen both were teenagers when making their debuts with the R's.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
      Gallen and Clive Allen both were teenagers when making their debuts with the R's.
      Very good point.

My concern with keeping him at Rangers for rest of season is will he get enough time on pitch. Dykes, Gray and Austin, puts him in 4th place for a team that often plays one striker.

Comment

Ten minutes every now and then will show what he is made of. If he is that good, he should shine. A good player will impress even with his running and closing down opponents, especially near end of games when opponents start to tire.

Comment

Would like to see him on the bench for the foreseeable and stuck on when our players tire or we need something, powerful and even if he's not got the game head yet will have a presence up top. I'm from Torquay and can tell you they are rubbish this season, i'm not sure how much he's supposed to have learnt down there apart from just time on the pitch, but it certainly wouldn't have been finesse.

Regardless of Man City rumours the lad seems to have something about him and needs to be in the same environment as the 1st team as often as possible, or maybe loaned out to a league 1 side that play football, Wycombe.

Personally i'd rather see him than Andre Gray in the shirt for the amount of game time Gray is getting,, i feel he can learn alot from Lyndon and Charlie. But as Warbs said not right to put too much pressure on him now.

Comment

He'd certainly learn a lot from Charlie

Comment

If MW brings in the couple of players he wants in the transfer window and with Chair,Jordy,McCallum to return who would you honestly drop off the bench named for WBA to make way for Armstrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
                If MW brings in the couple of players he wants in the transfer window and with Chair,Jordy,McCallum to return who would you honestly drop off the bench named for WBA to make way for Armstrong ?
                One from Dozzell, Ball or Amos. Three central midfielders, lot of cover. Its my one criticism of Mark Warburton, bench often packed with experience. I'd like to leave room for one promising youngster.

Comment

and more Recently Ray Jones (RIP) made 33 appearances as an 18 year old and had scored 5 goals ...if the you are good enough the best way to get experience is to play ...its not always necessary to be farmed out to the lower leagues ..that hasn't worked for a lot of our promising strikers ...put him n the bench and give him some game time

Comment

Yes they were and plenty of other teenagers playing in the Championship. I am not saying that Sinclair Armstrong is good enough yet, but we can give him a chance, unless the club want to loan him out to a L1 or L2 side this season (and having already played for Torquay he might not be able to if he plays for us).

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

One from Dozzell, Ball or Amos. Three central midfielders, lot of cover. Its my one criticism of Mark Warburton, bench often packed with experience. I'd like to leave room for one promising youngster.
                      My only reasoning for that would be that WBA was a huge game and not appropriate for such a player, otherwise, I agree totally.

Comment

I too would like to see Armstrong involved but him not getting a run out in the cup against Rotherham paints a clear picture to me that MW thinks he’s not ready.

It’s true that there is plenty of M/F players in the current squad that could drop off the bench as most of them lack a genuine goal scoring threat.

For me it would take an injury to one of the strikers for Armstrong to get a look in being as MW appears to prefer to play only 1 striker if Chair and Willock are available

Maybe Alfie Lloyd could be another alternate option,from some of his YouTube vids he looks a small nippy striker and scored this week for the U23 after being out injured since his transfer from Yeovil earlier this season.

Comment

When would you put him on though? You have to go back to November and then September to find the last two games where we were more than one goal up with a decent amount of time left in the game. We don't do healthy leads these days.

Very brave to put him on otherwise and our fans would quickly turn on Warbs and Sinclair himself it didn't work out. Wouldn't be great for the kids development.
                          "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Working...
                          X