Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

We should keep trying.
    It was from a Swans bbc journo on twitter so pretty reliable. I guess we don’t think signing a 30yr old with no sell on for 750k is good business. Let’s be honest Paterson has been pretty average until this half season with Swans. He’s abit of a championship journeyman

Comment

• Never heard of him till we were interested.
      Hope we just leave him there now.
      Has been known to do this sort of thing before apparently.

Comment

• Would be really surprised if we don’t bring someone in.

Let’s be frank, we are one injury to Willock away from being out of serious contention.

We are now very likely to make the play offs if we strengthen well, which brings in more cash.

To not bring in a single forward when our competitors are bringing in many would very risky.

Personally I would offer 650,000/700,000 for him. It is not much money in today’s game and he would fit well into our system.

Comment

• I don't understand how Patterson for between 500k and 750k is a bad deal...

If we go up could be a squad player, if we stay in champ he is still a good player even at 30.

Can we get a player like Patterson for under 1mil.

If MW and the club think we need him then just pay the money.

Comment

• Weve been linked with James McAtee as well, but looks like hes off to Glasgow Rangers.

We need to get at least one player in imo.

Comment

• It was rumoured that Willock cost £750k..if swansalona wont accept manning style money move on

Comment

• Originally posted by WilkieQPR View Post
                I don't understand how Patterson for between 500k and 750k is a bad deal...

If we go up could be a squad player, if we stay in champ he is still a good player even at 30.

Can we get a player like Patterson for under 1mil.

If MW and the club think we need him then just pay the money.
                It is when we got Willock for the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

It is when we got Willock for the same.
                  so on that logic we should never spend over 750k for a player because Willock is good

makes sense that.

agreed Willock was a steal but never really played first team football before he joined us so hence the low fee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post

It was from a Swans bbc journo on twitter so pretty reliable. I guess we don’t think signing a 30yr old with no sell on for 750k is good business. Let’s be honest Paterson has been pretty average until this half season with Swans. He’s abit of a championship journeyman
                    Seems a bit unfair? In a very poor team he has 8 goals. That’s more than anyone in our squad bar Dykes. And Dykes only got there against a crap Reading side on the weekend, when Paterson wasn’t playing.

We have been struggling to score goals so bringing in a player with more goals than Willock or Chair would
                    seem to be a good move.

He also has the second best goal conversion rate in the entire league.

Seems pretty good to me ...

Comment

• Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

I dont think he is, Bristol City have turned it down.
                      You`re correct. I saw that now!!
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by WilkieQPR View Post

so on that logic we should never spend over 750k for a player because Willock is good

makes sense that.

agreed Willock was a steal but never really played first team football before he joined us so hence the low fee.
                        Fair point, but on this occasion, no.

You have to baseline it somewhere. Why is he worth more than Willock?

Why should we pay more for an older player who wants to leave, who's not worth £750K to us.

Willock was on loan at Huddersfield the year before, and he's clearly vastly talented given he was at Arsenal etc.

Comment

• At the recent fans forum meeting MW and Ferdinand said “no transfer fees would be spent in the winter transfer window unless some of our own players were sold “

I could understand that decision changing if Patterson was coming on a very low fee due to the league position but loans are probably all they can afford due to FFP.

Comment

• Originally posted by NicRanger View Post

Seems a bit unfair? In a very poor team he has 8 goals. That’s more than anyone in our squad bar Dykes. And Dykes only got there against a crap Reading side on the weekend, when Paterson wasn’t playing.

We have been struggling to score goals so bringing in a player with more goals than Willock or Chair would
                            seem to be a good move.

He also has the second best goal conversion rate in the entire league.

Seems pretty good to me ...
                            As I said he’s had a good half season with Swansea. Was he on your radar for a potential signing before that? Very much doubt it because he’s been pretty much an average standard champ player his whole career

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Fair point, but on this occasion, no.

You have to baseline it somewhere. Why is he worth more than Willock?

Why should we pay more for an older player who wants to leave, who's not worth £750K to us.

Willock was on loan at Huddersfield the year before, and he's clearly vastly talented given he was at Arsenal etc.
                              The point isn’t he is worth more than Willock.

It’s that you hardly ever get a player as good as Willock for that.

Determining transfer policy by one freakily good transfer makes no sense.

You would never sign anyone ...

Comment

• Originally posted by NicRanger View Post

The point isn’t he is worth more than Willock.

It’s that you hardly ever get a player as good as Willock for that.

Determining transfer policy by one freakily good transfer makes no sense.

You would never sign anyone ...

Exactly this

The point is will he improve our squad and these days a fee of under a million is nothing.
                                MW says he want's a AMC then get him one.
                                He is working on peanuts we are in a great position in the league and are lucky to be here with our squad size and budget.
                                All other teams are improving their squads, we are a injury or two away from a free fall imo, where as other teams in the top 6 and chasing can afford a injury or two.

Do we really think money is that tight?

Comment

Working...
                                X