No announcement yet.

Warnock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t believe in MW current stance on tactics ‘of we will score one more than you’ to get the club promotion this season.

The style of play will almost certainly attract attention from bigger clubs to bid for our players, but it’s not a winning formula for immediate success ‘on the pitch’

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
      I don’t believe in MW current stance on tactics ‘of we will score one more than you’ to get the club promotion this season.

The style of play will almost certainly attract attention from bigger clubs to bid for our players, but it’s not a winning formula for immediate success ‘on the pitch’
      Do you think he should be sacked then and Warnock brought in?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Do you think he should be sacked then and Warnock brought in?
        No Warnock has had his day.

MW is doing a decent job within the budget available.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
          I honestly don’t understand that and it seems to get chucked at Warbs a lot for no real reason . We went to back 4 yesterday, we often float between 1 up front to 2 up front, we play Steff deep we sometimes push him on , we have plenty of plans in my opinion. We are top 6 with good players to return from injury. Where did everyone expect us to be at this stage of the season?
          completely agree - we have scored in every game apart from fulham. we have had marginal defeats - Bristol , peterboro , WBA, Bournemouth, 3 of our defeat have been against the undisputed top 3

so after a 3rd of the season gone we are sitting in the play off place - mostly playing entertaining football..i do wonder sometimes what more people expect given where we have come from.

and another thing ...do people really believe that going up this season would be a good thing for the club? i think it is maybe a season or two too soon.

next time we go up it would be great if it were for a bit longer than one or two seasons of miserable defeats - like the last couple of visits

Comment

The last couple of jobs have ended badly for Warnock because his style of football is completely outdated. How people could even contemplate in hiring him here because of what he did donkeys years ago is beyond me. I can only think they are ' Keyboard Warriors' looking to stir things up.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

and another thing ...do people really believe that going up this season would be a good thing for the club? i think it is maybe a season or two too soon.
              Take it when it comes because its worth £300m for one season and parachute money. That will go a long way to building a stronger championship squad and towards a new stadium. Whatever our championship squad strength it be hard to stay up.

Comment

A yoyo club for 2 or 3 seasons would bring us bags of dosh. And with our new state of the art training gaff up n running maybe a stadium in the pipeline.......

Comment

completely agree - we have scored in every game apart from fulham. we have had marginal defeats - Bristol , peterboro , WBA, Bournemouth, 3 of our defeat have been against the undisputed top 3

so after a 3rd of the season gone we are sitting in the play off place - mostly playing entertaining football..i do wonder sometimes what more people expect given where we have come from.

next time we go up it would be great if it were for a bit longer than one or two seasons of miserable defeats - like the last couple of visits
                  Agree with almost everything apart from two things.
                  A, we did score against Fulham, it was 4-1
                  B, we would be in a better position going up this season and striaght back down than staying two more seasons in the Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post

Agree with almost everything apart from two things.
                    A, we did score against Fulham, it was 4-1
                    B, we would be in a better position going up this season and striaght back down than staying two more seasons in the Champ.
                    Agree.

Although, I am not sure that MW will take us up either. That’s not to say I agree with the idea of sacking or moving him. Not replacing him with Warnock or with Farke. I would rather Smith.

as for signing a defensive midfielder in January - I thought we did that when we signed Field. Perhaps when he is in the team again we will get to play like we did the 2nd half of last season.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                      A yoyo club for 2 or 3 seasons would bring us bags of dosh. And with our new state of the art training gaff up n running maybe a stadium in the pipeline.......
                      The problem with going up and down is it’s ok if you stick with the same team and manager and come back stronger but as we proved last time the fans are demanding and want the manager sacked and new players after a few bad results and we then get into the repetitive mess we have only just got ourselves out of. Some on here want Warburton out with us sitting in the play offs - imagine what they would be like if we spent the entire season in the bottom 3

Comment

The problem with going up and down is it’s ok if you stick with the same team and manager and come back stronger but as we proved last time the fans are demanding and want the manager sacked and new players after a few bad results and we then get into the repetitive mess we have only just got ourselves out of. Some on here want Warburton out with us sitting in the play offs - imagine what they would be like if we spent the entire season in the bottom 3
                        This is the problem, it’s about managing fans expectations following promotion, I think Farkes problem is this his 2nd time doing this , the fans took it on the chin 1st time but obviously don’t want to get relegated with a whimper again .

Comment

We are having a go, playing some Football and let's be honest getting our Blood Pumping, when we play.

Warbs will do for me thanks, love watching us this season warts and all.

Comment

Warnock's well past it. I think football undertakes a complete evolution over every 5 years or so and managers/coaches need to evolve and adapt too. My feeling is that Warnock has missed the last couple of evolutions and his playbook is hopelessly out-of-date.
                            However, for what, 20ish years, Warnock was on top of his game and he was a great manager here, nothing can ever take that way from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

This is the problem, it’s about managing fans expectations following promotion, I think Farkes problem is this his 2nd time doing this , the fans took it on the chin 1st time but obviously don’t want to get relegated with a whimper again .
                              The problem with promotion is the club don't get their mitts on the mega-dosh until the end of the season, they embark on a Prem season after having banked peanuts for winning Championship.... But, they go down with a fat wedge and come back up with a big fat parachute payment. This means for the second go, a club like Norwich ought to make a much better fist of things due to being able to afford to buy players in numbers BEFORE the prem season kicked off. Although Norwich were apparently 11th biggest spenders over the summer they dont strike me as having "pushed the boat out", it's hard to think that a team with Grant Hanley in it is seriously tilting at the Prem.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

The problem with promotion is the club don't get their mitts on the mega-dosh until the end of the season, they embark on a Prem season after having banked peanuts for winning Championship.... But, they go down with a fat wedge and come back up with a big fat parachute payment. This means for the second go, a club like Norwich ought to make a much better fist of things due to being able to afford to buy players in numbers BEFORE the prem season kicked off. Although Norwich were apparently 11th biggest spenders over the summer they dont strike me as having "pushed the boat out", it's hard to think that a team with Grant Hanley in it is seriously tilting at the Prem.
                                Not a fan of his then?

Comment

Working...
                                X