Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship Table

Three points separating 5th to 13th.

Dont you just love the champiobship - probably the most competitive leagues going.

We’ve just got to keep plugging away don’t we . Top 3 are away and over the hill and looking at their squads that’s no surprise.We are all going to be scrambling away for the other 3 places for the remainder of the season. There will be ups and downs in our results but some of us can deal with that without writing the manager and the players off every week .

Comment

Agreed Stains.

There doesnt seem a lot of difference in the teams. And even those at the bottom can pull a rabbit out of the hat occasionally, as we know to our cost.

Those 4-6th place are going to be up for grabs right up to the last few games.

Comment

True . Look at Bournemouth result . Fulham are smashing teams

Comment

We are a couple of late goals (Peterborough and Forest) away from being the Best of the rest ...and some on here seem think we are a poor team having a bad season!

Comment

Don't think we have peaked yet. We seem to find some gears in the second half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              True . Look at Bournemouth result . Fulham are smashing teams
              your not wrong, we're second top scorers on 27, fulham top on 43. say no more.......
              play offs will do me.

Comment

Don't forget what the Sky commentator said tonight, 3 of our 5 defeats have come AWAY to the top 3 teams so arguably the toughest 3 fixtures are already done.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                  Don't forget what the Sky commentator said tonight, 3 of our 5 defeats have come AWAY to the top 3 teams so arguably the toughest 3 fixtures are already done.
                  Great stat that - never realised.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                    And we were 1-0 up in two of those games.

Comment

At least we have stopped the rot, for now, sometimes a scrappy 1-0 away win like that can kickstart something in the players, you never know, like someone else said, keep plugging away, Bournemouth losing was a shock, it's a long season in probably the world's hardest league

Comment

Originally posted by wormholt View Post

your not wrong, we're second top scorers on 27, fulham top on 43. say no more.......
                        play offs will do me.
                        We are the only team in the division to score in every game.

Comment

Going to be crazy season. If we can hit our stride have a real chance but same could be said for probably 10 teams for the last two play off positions. We still have Field to come back and a number of players haven't quite reached the same performance level as last season yet.

I personally rate us as having an outside chance but I will take that any day over the dross we have endured before bread man came. Also has to be remembered we don't have much money so I do think it a real achievement we are doing what we are in such a competitive league.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                            We’ve just got to keep plugging away don’t we . Top 3 are away and over the hill and looking at their squads that’s no surprise.We are all going to be scrambling away for the other 3 places for the remainder of the season. There will be ups and downs in our results but some of us can deal with that without writing the manager and the players off every week .
                            The top 6 is eminently achievable for us. We have to stop being coy about this campaign and start acting like a team that expects to finish in play-offs. Every game needs treating like a cup final.
                            Once the club or fans start chucking in mitigation like "no easy games" or "its a tough league" or "anyone can be beat anyone" we will lose to a Peterborough or a Barnsley and finish 8th or something.
                            I think our goal should be to STAY in the top 6, not "keep in touch". Keep in touch with top 2 and stay in top 6. Again, I guarantee that aiming to keep in touch and "see what happens" will result in another season in EFL next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

The top 6 is eminently achievable for us. We have to stop being coy about this campaign and start acting like a team that expects to finish in play-offs. Every game needs treating like a cup final.
                              Once the club or fans start chucking in mitigation like "no easy games" or "its a tough league" or "anyone can be beat anyone" we will lose to a Peterborough or a Barnsley and finish 8th or something.
                              I think our goal should be to STAY in the top 6, not "keep in touch". Keep in touch with top 2 and stay in top 6. Again, I guarantee that aiming to keep in touch and "see what happens" will result in another season in EFL next year.
                              No easy games , anyone can beat anyone, is exactly what this league is though, whether you like it or not , Bournemouth result last night is a prime example.There are teams below us , forest , sheff Utd , Reading with bigger and better squads than ours , top 6 would be great but it’s far from a given.

Comment

Working...
                              X