Kelman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelman

Doesn't sound like it's going that well for the lad. He's been crap by all accounts. Not sure what the gills were expecting from him but he may well end up back at hq sooner than we expected. Pretty scathing comments from the assistant manager saying he isn't the player they thought they were getting and needs to buck his ideas up.

Not sure about kelman. Another signing we hoped would work out but isn't looking that way or is it too early to judge?

They have hardly used him. Waste of time him being there. Need to get him to a club who will play him.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/char...21/verein/2814

Comment

I often feel that our approach with kids/U19s/U21s or whatever they're called is to throw a load of them at the wall in the hope one or two might actually stick. It's easy in hindsight to criticise but you've gotta wonder what the hell our scouts saw in Kelman in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        I often feel that our approach with kids/U19s/U21s or whatever they're called is to throw a load of them at the wall in the hope one or two might actually stick. It's easy in hindsight to criticise but you've gotta wonder what the hell our scouts saw in Kelman in the first place?
        He scored six goals for Southend in L2 when he was 18. That's quite impressive for a young lad and was worth the punt. He's still only 19 so there's a lot of learning in life and football to go through. Even if it doesnt come off I woukdnt class it as a disaster. It was always a punt.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
          They have hardly used him. Waste of time him being there. Need to get him to a club who will play him.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/char...21/verein/2814
          Kelman needs to prove his worth to them. If he fails at Gillingham, looks like it, I wouldn't renew his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

He scored six goals for Southend in L2 when he was 18. That's quite impressive for a young lad and was worth the punt. He's still only 19 so there's a lot of learning in life and football to go through. Even if it doesnt come off I woukdnt class it as a disaster. It was always a punt.
            Did we really sign him because of a massive tally of 6 goals at L2 standard?....My memory of it was that he was prolific...I guess I remember what I want to remember...

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Did we really sign him because of a massive tally of 6 goals at L2 standard?....My memory of it was that he was prolific...I guess I remember what I want to remember...
              Some sweet finishes here for a young lad

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7INndOk3wKU

Comment

Think he only cost £100k so worth a punt. Win some lose some and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                  Think he only cost £100k so worth a punt. Win some lose some and all that.
                  definitely worth a punt at that price, but it does seem to be one of those that fail - like Gladwin and the flop from Exeter.

Comment

Now back with us.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/...r-back-256595/

Comment

I hope he is in the squad against Cardiff. What is there to lose?
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        I hope he is in the squad against Cardiff. What is there to lose?
                        What has he done to earn a place in our squad. He couldn't get a game in league 1. Send him back out on loan and tell him to buck his ideas up. Its his job. We can't afford to carry players who aren't up to it at this level let alone league 1 standard. Maybe send him to Ipswich and get bonne back!! Lol!

Comment

Let’s be honest none of us know the full story here so not really fair to slaughter the lad .Evans the gillingham manager comes across as a bit of a dick to me so maybe they just didn’t hit it off.Won’t do him any harm to get some games in our B team and bang a few goals in , he’s still very young .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                            Let’s be honest none of us know the full story here so not really fair to slaughter the lad .Evans the gillingham manager comes across as a bit of a dick to me so maybe they just didn’t hit it off.Won’t do him any harm to get some games in our B team and bang a few goals in , he’s still very young .
                            Off the football he’s ok and has time for most people

when at pboro he slagged a young lad off right infront of the fans at ht and fans turned on him not enough common to do it in the tunnel or at ht. his management style is 70s

Comment

Kelman is not ready yet to compete at the Championship level. He did nothing of note when given many chances with the first team, so the loan in principle was/is sound. Please don’t put him right back in the first team squad; especially given Wallace and Field are both close to a return.

Comment

Working...
                              X