No announcement yet.

Andre Gray or Nahki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wells is quicker than gray out of the two. At least wells would be match fit. When we the last time gray played any minutes in a competitive game?

Comment

Kevin Gallen was quite interesting on this on WLS. He was saying how we need someone with pace to hit it over the top for, to stop teams pressing us high up the pitch as Barnsely did - which other clubs will have learned from watching the Barnsley game. He was saying it was absolutely vital to get someone in this position.

He also said (slightly wrapped up in those polite terms that footballers use when talking about fellow pros) that seeing Gray at Watford he looked well past his best and also questioned how hungry he would be on his way down the footballing food chain. Also questioned how fit he would be not having played competitively for so long. Obvs Warbs has got a lot more right than wrong so if he is set on him we have to back his judgement but I wd take Naki any day of the week over him, but I expect Naki wd be way too expensive as Bristol will surely want to sell or at least have his (reportedly v high) wages covered.

Comment

https://twitter.com/i/status/1430064704488189989

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          Kevin Gallen was quite interesting on this on WLS. He was saying how we need someone with pace to hit it over the top for, to stop teams pressing us high up the pitch as Barnsely did - which other clubs will have learned from watching the Barnsley game. He was saying it was absolutely vital to get someone in this position.

He also said (slightly wrapped up in those polite terms that footballers use when talking about fellow pros) that seeing Gray at Watford he looked well past his best and also questioned how hungry he would be on his way down the footballing food chain. Also questioned how fit he would be not having played competitively for so long. Obvs Warbs has got a lot more right than wrong so if he is set on him we have to back his judgement but I wd take Naki any day of the week over him, but I expect Naki wd be way too expensive as Bristol will surely want to sell or at least have his (reportedly v high) wages covered.
          Hasn’t Warbs worked with Gray before at Brentford, if so he will know his character already so that’s a positive, he is much more powerful than wells and will threaten in behind which is what we need.

Comment

I'm just gonna wait and see what Santa Les brings, and be grateful.......ooh my halo just pinged!

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Hasn’t Warbs worked with Gray before at Brentford, if so he will know his character already so that’s a positive, he is much more powerful than wells and will threaten in behind which is what we need.
              That is also true. I just think that was a number of years ago now. I also have a real thing against big time Charlie footballers posting cr*p online and giving the impression (obvs cd be a wrong one) of being keener on their "celebrity lifestyle" (ugh) than playing. Just don't think it fits our ethos these days. Obvs fans have their scapegoats and different players work at different clubs and like you I believe in getting behind players if they pull on the Hoops - but if you look at a Watford forum, well, lets just say I've read kinder things about Jose Bosingwer...

Comment

If we can afford him then Nahki all day long, but I cannot see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  I'm just gonna wait and see what Santa Les brings, and be grateful.......ooh my halo just pinged!
                  I’ll see what I can do Dave

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
                      How abt Daryl Dyke instead? The USA CF who was on loan at Barnsley last season and scored nearly a goal a game for them? No idea how much he’d cost, but at 21, full international and scores for fun, would certainly be interesting to see how much he’d cost? Surprised no one has snapped him up yet after his scoring exploits for the Tykes last season.
                      I would take him on loan.

Wells over Gray if we could afford him.

Comment

Daryl Dikes was loaned to Barnsley in the January transfer window after the MLS finished

Their season starts around April and finishes in November.

Comment

It's tells us all we need to know when you read that gray is on 70k a week and hes not good enough for the prem yet he expects someone in the championship to pay him the same amount! No thanks matey!!!

Comment

If Watford want him out , his wages are their problem , he will have to reach a settlement with them we will have a ceiling wage we will go to and not a penny over .

Comment

Forget Gray we don't need him. He's also too expensive.
                              We need one or 2 young fast strikers who know where the goal is. Bring in 1 or 2 strikers and rotate them with Austin and Dykes.

We lack real pace upfront. This has been missing since we sold Samuel who was very quick. This is a weakness in the squad and must be addressed by August 31st.

It will be a massive mistake not to bring in another striker this window. It could prove costly in the first half of this season. We must not wait until January to bring in another striker. It must be done now.

Comment

I see us going more for a young striker from a bigger prem club who is much less experienced than either but is super-fast and has great potential. Us paying the wages would be less important to these kind of clubs as a leading light from their U23s could be worth mega money in a few years time so they will probably be more concerned that their protege will get the right footballing development, which we can show. Surely that will work better than some past-his-prime medallion-wearing wanna-be gangsta dating someone from Little Mix.

Comment

Working...
                                X