Johansen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johansen

Will he sign for us? Don't know what's going on behind the scenes. If he does not sign this week I don't think it's going to happen. I may also be wrong.

What do you think?

Have no idea river, we are all in the same boat.

Comment

1st July is when most clubs start finalising their squads. At this point I'd expect it to be clear if FFC want him and if he wants them.

Comment

There seems to be some young talent lads around in L1/2 and we're getting a reputation for wanting to do our business early. I cant see this running longer than a couple of more weeks before lose out on alternative. We'll walk away if it's not done soon.

Comment

I think we are in good shape regardless of whether he signs or not , I assume we would have other targets if he doesn’t.

Comment

Im not ITK; but reading the latest reports...

- Working on a deal, proving hard as FFC want him still, or at least want dosh for him.
            - He wants out
            - Deal is still likely, but tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
              Im not ITK; but reading the latest reports...

- Working on a deal, proving hard as FFC want him still, or at least want dosh for him.
              - He wants out
              - Deal is still likely, but tricky.
              But how much do you think we'd pay for a guy of his age with no resale value? Cant see us spending more than £1m and that wont fly for a guy with his experience and being under contract. I'm guessing there would be other championship clubs preferred to spend £2.5m which we can't compete on.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

But how much do you think we'd pay for a guy of his age with no resale value? Cant see us spending more than £1m and that wont fly for a guy with his experience and being under contract. I'm guessing there would be other championship clubs preferred to spend £2.5m which we can't compete on.
                I wouldn’t be wasting to much time on this , yes he was good for us last season but if he is unaffordable be it wages or transfer fee we need to move on . Like you say there is no sell on value with him and that’s not really how we operate now , Austin was different as we didn’t pay a fee for him .I would love him to sign but not at any price.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Could be the difference in going up, IMO. Who knows the value of the potential deal...

Comment

We should work really hard to get him and his agent is working hard to get this deal done, is what I have read.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Could be the difference in going up, IMO. Who knows the value of the potential deal...
                      Agree. I don’t think a sell on value is needed with every player we pay a fee for.

Comment

Fulham is in no hurry to sell. They take their time to consider offers that might come in, and if they don't succeed in recruiting their own midfield targets they might well hold onto Johansen.

I don't think this one will be finalized before July.

We like to do the business early but this one might not be an early one. My guess is that Johansen will finally arrive at Loftus Road, but only when Fulham has secured their other targets and it is clear no better offer will be tabled by the likes of Nottingham, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Bristol City etc. There have been no media news about competing bids, but it might appear.

I think Johansen love to play for us. He might accept a lower salaly just to play for Warburton. But Fulham will sell to the highest bidder - make to mistake about that. My guess: We will sign him for £1.5 to £2m.

Comment

Can a player refuse to go to a team who have bid high ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                            Can a player refuse to go to a team who have bid high ?
                            Yes,he can see out his contract even if it means doing an Ozil and not play any football.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Yes,he can see out his contract even if it means doing an Ozil and not play any football.
                              Yes but can he force a lower bid ? It would be silly if FFC just kept him and pay wages for no play ?

Comment

Working...
                              X