Johansen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

You honestly think we're that important to Fulham FC?
    They must have noticed the transformation in QPR's form last season whilst keeping tabs on Johansen. He is obviously a good player at this level, having helped them win 2 promotions. If they weren't keeping tabs on him they would have told him already that he can find another club or tried to get a quick sale to QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

They must have noticed the transformation in QPR's form last season whilst keeping tabs on Johansen. He is obviously a good player at this level, having helped them win 2 promotions. If they weren't keeping tabs on him they would have told him already that he can find another club or tried to get a quick sale to QPR.
      But I just don't think they would be prepared to keep a player who doesn't want to be there, they won't throw money away keeping an unhappy player, no one would.
      I'm not sure even if they offered him two years whether he would stay then.
      I think/hope his head is already here, ready for a new challenge.

Comment

But I just don't think they would be prepared to keep a player who doesn't want to be there, they won't throw money away keeping an unhappy player, no one would.
        I'm not sure even if they offered him two years whether he would stay then.
        I think/hope his head is already here, ready for a new challenge.
        some clubs have and do try to keep unhappy players, but eventually give in and sell them cheaply (we did with he who left in January).

I also hope he has made up his mind that he wants to rejoin QPR and that Fulham agree to let him leave this month.

Comment

No stan he was apparently negotiating and when we saw he had no intention he was out of the team and club asap.
          Anyway we'll find out very soon one way or another.

Comment

There is always the chance Silva will tell him that he is key to his plans and even offer him a contract extension, which might turn Johansens head around. He was obviously not very settled at Fulham, but it might have more to do with Parker than the club, and everything could change if Silva tells him he wants him to stay. After all, Fulham can offer better salary than us, and money matters for a player than is soon approaching the end of his career.

However, at QPR he knows the team will be built around him and he knows his style of play suits us well. He might become the captain and the first player on the team sheet every week. He felt at home here right from the start and feel appreciated, and I think he has a very good report with Warburton. He might think he has a bigger chance of playing in the Premier League with QPR than Fulham, should any of the teams get promoted (not that I think it is likely we will get promoted, but Iif we did, Johansen would not be left out of the 25 man squad again)

All in all I lean towards putting my money on Stefan eventually joining us, but it might not happen before the start of the season - more likely when we are close to transfer deadline day. I hope I am wrong and he signs for us tomorrow, as I think he is crucial for our play off push.

Comment

No stan he was apparently negotiating and when we saw he had no intention he was out of the team and club asap.
              Anyway we'll find out very soon one way or another.
              I doubt he was seriously negotiating and his performances to me seemed to be clear that he wanted out.

Comment

I see David McIntyre has tweeted was always going to take a while re johansen but surprised if it does not happen.

Hopefully he’s correct and SJ moves over to us, from SJ view we know we want him and his father settled no relocation for him. He signs were a side that’s got a decent chance of too 2 and should make top 6. Probably the most I’ve looked forward to a new season a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                  I see David McIntyre has tweeted was always going to take a while re johansen but surprised if it does not happen.

Hopefully he’s correct and SJ moves over to us, from SJ view we know we want him and his father settled no relocation for him. He signs were a side that’s got a decent chance of too 2 and should make top 6. Probably the most I’ve looked forward to a new season a few years.
                  I suspect its SJ or Windass. I hope the delay doesnt mean we end up missing out on both.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

His father ! Does he live with him then ?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

His father ! Does he live with him then ?
                      Lol family should be. If it had been near where I live in the fens it would of been father sister and cousins!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I suspect its SJ or Windass. I hope the delay doesnt mean we end up missing out on both.
                        My thoughts too. That is my concern about all this Windass talk. Not knocking the club for it as right they have a plan b but v much hope it is Johansen rather than him. I don't claim to be an expert on Windass but my memory of him is that he is more as a withdrawn striker/ number 10 sort of player, of whom we already have a couple in the likes of Willock and poss even Chair. Think Johansen is more the midfield general to play the Ray Wilkins role (or sometimes even drop deeper like Faurlin did). He's the player to recycle the ball from defence to the Willocks or Chairs IMHO and good players are hard to find in that position and when you do have a good one, they are pivotal to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

My thoughts too. That is my concern about all this Windass talk. Not knocking the club for it as right they have a plan b but v much hope it is Johansen rather than him. I don't claim to be an expert on Windass but my memory of him is that he is more as a withdrawn striker/ number 10 sort of player, of whom we already have a couple in the likes of Willock and poss even Chair. Think Johansen is more the midfield general to play the Ray Wilkins role (or sometimes even drop deeper like Faurlin did). He's the player to recycle the ball from defence to the Willocks or Chairs IMHO and good players are hard to find in that position and when you do have a good one, they are pivotal to the team.
                          This!
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

Agree. Windass is a good attacking player, but we have enough of this type of player. As you say, Johansen is more of a midfield general, and is a proven promotion winning player. We need him back (or someone very similar) if we are to mount a serious challenge this season.

Comment

A month or so ago, I read that Sj`s agent Tore Pedersen pushed hard for a move to QPR.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                                A month or so ago, I read that Sj`s agent Tore Pedersen pushed hard for a move to QPR.
                                So clearly SJ want to move to QPR.

Comment

Working...
                                X