Euros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    Awful spectacle. Dour 5-4-1 formation but strangled the game and somehow pinched 2 goals, lucky the Germans had that useless CFC pair up top really. I cant see this approach/set-up working again but not sure Southgate has anything else up his sleeve.
    I agree I was bored shitless but maybe that’s how we may well end up winning the tournament. No goals conceded in 4 games and actually beating the Germans for a change .

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      Awful spectacle. Dour 5-4-1 formation but strangled the game and somehow pinched 2 goals, lucky the Germans had that useless CFC pair up top really. I cant see this approach/set-up working again but not sure Southgate has anything else up his sleeve.
      We won. We rode our luck, it would of been worse if gnabry and sane had been on from the start instead of Muller and Werner , but we ground out probably our best major tournamemt result since 1966. We are allowed to be happy for 24 hours at least!

Comment

• Bring back John motson, Barry Davies, Brian Moore on commentary its Bloody awful and for the shite games Tony gubba

Comment

• Would rather play Ukraine than Sweden

Comment

• Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            Would rather play Ukraine than Sweden
            Agree but I think we’d beat both anyway.

Comment

• Both these look bang average
              number 10 for Sweden looks handy and best player Ukraine look ok the break but England’s back 7 should shut them down

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                Bring back John motson, Barry Davies, Brian Moore on commentary its Bloody awful and for the shite games Tony gubba
                Motson obviously big boots to step into but I really feel commentary has gone downhill in the last 20 years or so. It's small and unimportant but I have noticed that this tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                  Both these look bang average
                  number 10 for Sweden looks handy and best player Ukraine look ok the break but England’s back 7 should shut them down
                  Yup both these teams look shite today. If only both could be knocked out for being shite. It's extra time in a European championship and I only have it on in the background because they are playing like it's a friendly. Does either side want to win this game?

Comment

• Friday July 2

Quarter-final 1: Switzerland vs Spain; Kick-off 5pm (St Petersburg)

Quarter-final 2: Belgiumvs Italy; Kick-off 8pm (Munich)

Saturday July 3

Quarter-final 3: Czech Republic vs Denmark; Kick-off 5pm (Baku)

Quarter-final 4: Ukraine vs England; Kick-off 8pm (Rome)

Comment

• Heat in Rome for Saturday in the 30s. Hope we can handle it !!

Comment

• Anyone else think it looked like way more than 40 thousand in there last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 Ranger View Post
                          Anyone else think it looked like way more than 40 thousand in there last night?
                          I think the fact the crowd was full of male proper football supporters made and created a raucous atmosphere. As far back as Euro 96 Englan Wembley games have been hijacked and gentrified by a poncey middle-class type of fan, the sort of chinless type you get at Wimbledon tennis. The German fans were clearly all bankers and their families who live in UK.... families with kids wearing ear-defenders, ridiculous in my view. Anyway, the lack of face paint and prawn sarnie brigade made for a febrile atmosphere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I agree I was bored shitless but maybe that’s how we may well end up winning the tournament. No goals conceded in 4 games and actually beating the Germans for a change .
                            That's how Greece won it in 2004.

It was on the dull side and we ride our luck a bit.
                            I think we may need to have a more attacking approach against Ukraine and I would like to see both wing backs pushing forward and delivering more crosses to Sterling and Kane. Also, get Grealish in the starting line up.

Does anyone else feel a sense of pride that Sterling was 'one of our own'?

Comment

• Originally posted by BusRider View Post

Motson obviously big boots to step into but I really feel commentary has gone downhill in the last 20 years or so. It's small and unimportant but I have noticed that this tournament.
                              Commentary these days is awful and more and more a conversation about players between the commentator and Co commentactor.

Comment

• To call the England game boring against the Germans is bloody harsh, considering we spend money and time watching players like Cameron and kane who are shocking is a bit ironic. I think commentary has gone down hill but that because of all the women involved on ITV. I think it's ridiculous and shows how pc this country is. I do think Jenas is very good and I find myself agreeing with him majority of the time
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X