No announcement yet.

Taking The Knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racial abuse of players after taking the knee. How is this possible after such a powerful gesture!!

Hopefully this stupid devisive gesture can now stop and a new campaign can be devised.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      Racial abuse of players after taking the knee. How is this possible after such a powerful gesture!!

Hopefully this stupid devisive gesture can now stop and a new campaign can be devised.
      It will never be eradicated people will always have a view that others don’t agree with. It’s called life. History can’t be rewritten only told. The more the taking of the knee goes on so will the animosity toward them for those that disagree with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

It will never be eradicated people will always have a view that others don’t agree with. It’s called life. History can’t be rewritten only told. The more the taking of the knee goes on so will the animosity toward them for those that disagree with it.
        Yup. But I'm sure the likes of Lineker will be banging the drum saying there more reason to continue with it. There has to be buy in to any campaign and the knee ain't it.

There will always idiots and no amount of education with change their minds. Social media giants need to take the next step and delete these posts as they appear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

Sorry mate..its not.

Your rather inelegant example relates directly to ethnicity

I am describing a type of person that exists everywhere from Cornwall to Canada ...the type who rants endlessly about immigration, BLM, the EU, eroding of their civil liberties by having to wear a mask or get a vaccine during a global pandemic...basically anything that requires an acceptance of change and harks back to halcyon times in little England when their dear old dead Gran could walk down the street leaving her front door unlocked and there weren't so many foreigners about.

Unlike your example, a gammon could change simply by being a little more tolerant and slightly less of a ####..
          Hypocrisy of the highest order, trying to vindicate yourself by self claiming that gammon isn't a racial slur.
          Sorry, whether you think it is or isn't is irrelevant as many do see it as an insult with inference to skin colour and therefore should treated as such.
          And if you think it is also acceptable to belittle people who have made an informed decision not to have the experimental vaccine at this point in time then perhaps you need to familiarise yourself with the Nuremburg Code or the Helsinki declaration.

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Exactly.

Comment

• Just wondering whether the ######## posting on here thinks Les Ferdinand needs to be " a little more tolerant and less of ####?"
              Or wilf zaha?
              Only one intolerant posting in here.

Comment

• No one,. NO ONE! on this forum promotes racism against anyone in this country, or anywhere else.
                Imagine if the players decided that the salute used by the Germans in 1939 was the appropriate way to show their fight against racism.
                The gesture they are doing right now is exactly the same and as unacceptable.
                As for last night I can't believe anyone would attack these three for missing their pens.
                Two of them only got on the pitch for about 60 seconds, completely unfair rank bad management from big nose who imo should not be leading the team anymore.

Comment

• It would be remiss of me not to add the final word to this thread.
                  The mural of rashford defaced with racial graffiti was in fact a huge lie started by the manc lefty interviewed on tv who claimed that was the reason he covered it up.
                  The scummy British media then ran with this hell for leather creating a monologue that was just lies.
                  As you can see there is an agenda running in this country and the media along with Johnson, Starmer, nhs are covering up a lot more too.

Comment

• Regardless of the 'mural' being defaced. Lets be clear...

The racial abuse by MANY, not just 1 or 2, on twitter and on Instagram alone is RIDICLOUS!! So the knee isnt going anywhere as a result, so until people realise that there are still a bunch of idiots (Enough of them) to create drama then this will remain as is.

We lost a match ffs... I was gutted and still am I, but im not even going to go to those levels to smash the players for it, after a wicked Summer they gave me after the sh1ttest of years we just had.

Comment

• Don't know why people go on Twitter. Just opens them to abuse from life's misfits.

Comment

• There was a report that 7/10 of the abuse on Twitter were from overseas accounts.

It seems to me that certain factions in this country will never be happy until there is zero abuse and will make a career out of it whilst that is never achieved. There will always be immature kids and idiots out there and the sooner to media blank them the better. MSM dont have a problem blanking pitch streakers but are happy to advertise how hurt people are with online racial slurs.

Bullies always want to see a reaction and MSM are giving them their gratification.

PS - Erica Rowe had great knockers!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                          Don't know why people go on Twitter. Just opens them to abuse from life's misfits.
                          So that makes it right?

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                            There was a report that 7/10 of the abuse on Twitter were from overseas accounts.

It seems to me that certain factions in this country will never be happy until there is zero abuse and will make a career out of it whilst that is never achieved. There will always be immature kids and idiots out there and the sooner to media blank them the better. MSM dont have a problem blanking pitch streakers but are happy to advertise how hurt people are with online racial slurs.

Bullies always want to see a reaction and MSM are giving them their gratification.

PS - Erica Rowe had great knockers!!!
                            Your reply comes across to me as if you are defending it, in order to approve the Booing of the ####ing knee.....

Do you accept that sending a picture of a monkey to a black person is WRONG!!! What isn't there to grasp? There is no logic, nothing right, whoever the #### it is....

One guy worked for an estate agents 'said his account was hacked'

Another guy has been arrested who teaches and trains kids football.

These are English people.......

Comment

• And btw.... nobody hacks an account of some bloke from Hemel...

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Your reply comes across to me as if you are defending it, in order to approve the Booing of the ####ing knee.....

Do you accept that sending a picture of a monkey to a black person is WRONG!!! What isn't there to grasp? There is no logic, nothing right, whoever the #### it is....

One guy worked for an estate agents 'said his account was hacked'

Another guy has been arrested who teaches and trains kids football.

These are English people.......
                                Not defending it, but stating that trying to get to zero racial abuse is an unachievable aim. There are, and will always be, kids, idiots and general pond life who will make derogatory comment on social media or in stadia. It is for those platforms to sort their act out voluntarily, or the Govt will do it for them through law.

My reference to 7/10 comments were from overseas was reported by MSM. If that is accurate, I was merely saying not all abuse was from the UK. If we put previous racial issues aside, I dont think there is systemic racist culture in the UK in 2021.

Of course I accept that sending a monkey gesture to a black person is wrong. I also think murder and rape is wrong, but it still happens despite the laws in place.

As far a booing taking the knee, you can see my previous comments on that. If people have the right to march through London to demonstrate about the arrival of a political figure (Trump) then people have the right to voice disapproval (booing) a gesture that people feel to be political. It's called free speech and we are lucky to have the right to demonstrate. You cant object to it just because it doesnt fit your personal values.
                                Last edited by SheepRanger; 19-07-2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X