Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    My facebook thread this morning:

GARY LINEKER: If you boo England players for taking the knee, you're part of the problem why players are taking the knee.

DIANE ABBOTT: Disgraceful that racist English fans are booing players for a anti-racist gesture. Insulting to black England players also #BlackLivesMatter.

Well there you go we're all racist scum.
    But, do you get why people may say that?

By booing a racism movement, it logically, and perhaps frustratingly for you comes across as you are against it and therefore places you in that bucket.

Like, I am just saying 'booing is ironically' not the way to be against 'taking the knee'
    Last edited by qpr4life; 07-06-2021, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

By booing a racist movement, it logically, and perhaps frustratingly for you comes across as you are against it and therefore places you in that bucket.

Like, I am just saying 'booing is ironically' not the way to be against 'taking the knee'
      I Agree BLM is a racist movement, ha ha

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

By booing a racist movement, it logically, and perhaps frustratingly for you comes across as you are against it and therefore places you in that bucket.

And how do you think people ''can voice their opinions" on this issue? Write a letter? That's been done.

The BLM is a global organisation that wants to defund the police and legalise all drugs - it's all there. The kneeling and the hand gesture derive from the USA and all that movement stands for. If black football players want to take an ongoing gesture then fine, but they must disassociate themselves from BLM and come up with something unique that does not associate themselves with that movement over the pond.

I dont care what anyones says they are a political movement and their intentions go beyond peace, love and respect. I have been talked down so many times about the intentions of Nigel Farage and the iapparent "direction of travel" of his views. But I'm not afforded the same privilege about BLM.

I am sick of having this rammed down my throat at every turn yet wearing a simple poppy was banned on an England shirt. This guesture is seen as divisive by some and there is legitimate reasons for their argument. Reap the consequences of that division because they're only exercising free speech - right?

I am against BLM but would not be against another form of protest and guesture.

Comment

And how do you think people ''can voice their opinions" on this issue? Write a letter? That's been done.

The BLM is a global organisation that wants to defund the police and legalise all drugs - it's all there. The kneeling and the hand gesture derive from the USA and all that movement stands for. If black football players want to take an ongoing gesture then fine, but they must disassociate themselves from BLM and come up with something unique that does not associate themselves with that movement over the pond.

I dont care what anyones says they are a political movement and their intentions go beyond peace, love and respect. I have been talked down so many times about the intentions of Nigel Farage and the iapparent "direction of travel" of his views. But I'm not afforded the same privilege about BLM.

I am sick of having this rammed down my throat at every turn yet wearing a simple poppy was banned on an England shirt. This guesture is seen as divisive by some and there is legitimate reasons for their argument. Reap the consequences of that division because they're only exercising free speech - right?

I am against BLM but would not be against another form of protest and guesture.
          Ok.. fair.

So if they players ended the match with a JOINED huddle, would that annoy you? I am sure you agree the abuse players get on Twitter / Instagram alone is pretty poor?

Comment

Ok.. fair.

So if they players ended the match with a JOINED huddle, would that annoy you? I am sure you agree the abuse players get on Twitter / Instagram alone is pretty poor?
            Of course it wouldnt offend me and I condone the racist abuse they get. I also accept the stop and search stats etc etc. But they must disassociate themselves from BML. The perception is its political even though the UK BLM website says it's not. But in branding it the same as the USA version? which is extreme left wing, they are guilty by association. How many times have I been told "perception is reality" - again this isn't afforded to me on this issue. By Lineker and Abbott I'm just racist - well that helps doesnt it!!

Have your gesture lads but do something different.

Comment

Ok.. fair.

"The Electoral Commission has rejected a controversial application to set up a Black Lives Matter (BLM) political party in Britain because its name would be 'likely to mislead voters'. The independent election watchdog argued that a 'reasonable voter could assume that the party represents, or is in some way associated with' the grassroots BLM movement and its official UK affiliate"

But it's not political right?

Comment

Just listening to a chat on this on Talk Radio and they raised a very valid point.

Fans did not boo anti racial campaigns called Show Racism thr Red Card and Kick it Out, so what does that say about the BLM stance and guesture? Fans are not booing the campaign they are booing the BLM association.

So, LINEKER, saying everyone booing is part of the problem is nonsense. Fans dont have issues with anti-racist campaigns as a principle and previous ones have been well supported.

Comment

Just listening to a chat on this on Talk Radio and they raised a very valid point.

Fans did not boo anti racial campaigns called Show Racism thr Red Card and Kick it Out, so what does that say about the BLM stance and guesture? Fans are not booing the campaign they are booing the BLM association.

So, LINEKER, saying everyone booing is part of the problem is nonsense. Fans dont have issues with anti-racist campaigns as a principle and previous ones have been well supported.
                  I love Talk Radio, the home of common sense.

Julia Hartley Brewer, Mike Graham, James Whale and Kevin O’Sullivan are simply brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

I love Talk Radio, the home of common sense.

Julia Hartley Brewer, Mike Graham, James Whale and Kevin O’Sullivan are simply brilliant.
                    I've just discovered it after getting mad with the likes of LBC and especially JoB and Fogarty during my work background listening. That JoB is on a different planet to me???

Comment

I've just discovered it after getting mad with the likes of LBC and especially JoB and Fogarty during my work background listening. That JoB is on a different planet to me???
                      O’Brian is something special, I cannot take more than one minute of his patronising left wing garbage before I want to punch him..

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo

I may be wrong Sheep but I think you missed an important word out there?
                        Haha. I was rushing as I was working.
                        I do not condone.....

Comment

My facebook thread this morning:

GARY LINEKER: If you boo England players for taking the knee, you're part of the problem why players are taking the knee.

DIANE ABBOTT: Disgraceful that racist English fans are booing players for a anti-racist gesture. Insulting to black England players also #BlackLivesMatter.

Well there you go we're all racist scum.
                          Lineker is just a prick and where we’re the likes of Abbot when England players were getting racially abused in an eu state whose citizens have taken full advantage of freedom of movement?

Racism will never go away and I fully accept that but this country in my opinion is the closest you will ever get to beating the problem.

Comment

Your issue here is forced equality. Most people are sane, not racist, proponents of equal opportunity be it based on disability, sex, orientation or whatever. Some are not but they can get in the sea. Life should be based on competence and nothing else. Sure the advantaged should help the disadvantaged but that should also not be based on any kind of creed or other orientation either, or even a demand, it should be our civic duty and not one that is dictated by a movement on social media. If a blind china man born a pig that identifies as a goose can manage a company and do it bloody well, let him. But that doesn't mean every board of directors needs one.

The harder one side pushes an agenda onto another the harder the other will push back, and the more people move from the middle ground to either side.

Racism has no place in football and neither does politics, but I do think players should be allowed to use their platform to raise issues. Personally i don't care if that's on the pitch or off it. Colin Kaepernick started all this and I thought it was cool and the right thing to do, America has issues, Uk too but they got deep set problems eh. But as usual these days it's been taken too far and now players are forced into this weird position, and people are getting pissed off about something that should be put to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                              Your issue here is forced equality. Most people are sane, not racist, proponents of equal opportunity be it based on disability, sex, orientation or whatever. Some are not but they can get in the sea. Life should be based on competence and nothing else. Sure the advantaged should help the disadvantaged but that should also not be based on any kind of creed or other orientation either, or even a demand, it should be our civic duty and not one that is dictated by a movement on social media. If a blind china man born a pig that identifies as a goose can manage a company and do it bloody well, let him. But that doesn't mean every board of directors needs one.

The harder one side pushes an agenda onto another the harder the other will push back, and the more people move from the middle ground to either side.

Racism has no place in football and neither does politics, but I do think players should be allowed to use their platform to raise issues. Personally i don't care if that's on the pitch or off it. Colin Kaepernick started all this and I thought it was cool and the right thing to do, America has issues, Uk too but they got deep set problems eh. But as usual these days it's been taken too far and now players are forced into this weird position, and people are getting pissed off about something that should be put to bed.

Decent post.... I think that as England fans are generally viewed as a tad right of centre and racist, anything thing that they do, will be viewed as such.

Like you, It really doesn't bother me if players want to use their profile to highlight issues but it shouldn't become a standard part of the pre match ritual as it soon begins to lack real heart and meaning.

Again, good post and good to see a reasoned view on the situation rather than most of the previous posts by high blood pressured gammons hurtling towards a heart attack......

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

Decent post.... I think that as England fans are generally viewed as a tad right of centre and racist, anything thing that they do, will be viewed as such.

Like you, It really doesn't bother me if players want to use their profile to highlight issues but it shouldn't become a standard part of the pre match ritual as it soon begins to lack real heart and meaning.

Again, good post and good to see a reasoned view on the situation rather than most of the previous posts by high blood pressured gammons hurtling towards a heart attack......
                                So, a reasoned view can only be one where it doesnt bother you? But if you have a firm stance from balanced information and opinion, which have been explained, then such views are knee jerk?

And your subsequent analysis is that such posters have boarderline physical and mental health issues and you insult them? I don't think your view is considered, but I wont insult you for it.

Last edited by SheepRanger; 08-06-2021, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X