Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

What are the grand scheme of things?
    Taking a knee at a football pitch, which does me NO harm. Versus... for example:

Being locked in your house for over a year due to a global pandemic in which has cost lives and mentally drained people.

Comment

I agree with the second line completely, but not the first, politics on the field of sport should not be allowed, period.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I agree with the second line completely, but not the first, politics on the field of sport should not be allowed, period.
        Which is fair, it doesn't. But I dont think this impacts anyone as I said. I think the more people 'boo' the more it ironically sound boards more racism. That said, we are all allowed to haven an opinion on it.

My view is, let it be... its 20 seconds of your life, turn away if you must but dont boo it...

Comment

Sorry, I totally disagree, along with the majority I will boo to the top of my voice.

And I cannot wait for the day Southgate no longer manages our national side.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
            And this thread is why I was right to stop posting on here. Very sad. Bye again for a few months.
            Bye......... freedom of expression is jolly annoying isn't it?
            Those pesky racists started it.
            I wonder.....if they had decided, the footballers, that their best way of "standing up to racism" was the arm raised 1930s/40s german style, whether you would happily skip along supporting them then.

Comment

BLM’s Pin Up Boy, Mr George ‘I’m a serial criminal’ Floyd

https://greatgameindia.com/george-floyd-criminal/

‘George Floyd’s profile as per court documents reads like a career criminal involved in drug abuse, theft, criminal trespassing, aggravated robbery as well as entering a woman’s home and pointing a gun at her stomach while looking for drugs and money’.

Pointing a gun at a woman, what an utter scum bag.

And some people here in Britain support this #### hole, personally I would be happy to have seen him swing by the neck.
              He might have been a #### but he didnt deserve to die the way he did. Nobody deserves to die that way and the police response was completely disproportionate.

But my issue is that MSM have jumped on this issue, perhaps at a time to destabilise the USA when anti-MSM Trump was in charge. There was no MSM response when Tony Timpa died in the same way

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_c-E_i8Q5G0

Keep politics out of sport.....!
              Last edited by SheepRanger; 06-06-2021, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I agree about keeping politics out of sport, Southgate should listen to that.

Why people are supporting a serial criminal, who crimes were utterly despicable, is beyond me.

He was on the fast track to murder someone, I believe in capital punishment for such crimes, so fu ck him.

Comment

I dont see it as the public supporting Floyd but rather a protest against the police actions and social racism. Floyd is being used for a wider agenda.

But I think people need to accept there will always be racists, idiots and bigots. No amount of taking the knee will change that. I dont like to see this taking the knee, but I'm not black and was not brought up in an inner city environment.

I'm just sick to death of all the constant content being rammed down our throats every minute of the day. Mental health, sexual abuse, sexism and racism. On and on it goes, what a truely horrible country the UK must be!!!

Just play football lads and give us an escape from this barrage!

Comment

I agree with the last line, stop taking the knee and keep politics out of sport, this argument goes away.

The hard left are doing their best to destroy the UK as we know it, my late grandmother would not recognise England today.

Comment

I agree with the last line, stop taking the knee and keep politics out of sport, this argument goes away.

The hard left are doing their best to destroy the UK as we know it, my late grandmother would not recognise England today.
                      Well I think it's fair to say the hard left aren't doing Labour any favours. The Labour Party has become a protest organisation for minority groups and aren't going to be in power any time soon.
                      Last edited by SheepRanger; 07-06-2021, 01:02 AM.

Comment

The whole knee taking thing is one big fashion statement and is total ########. George Floyd was a scumbag but the racial discrimination that killed him is an American problem and for them to deal with. Exactly 39 years ago a young Paratrooper was fighting for this country in The Falklands. In 1998 he died on the floor of a Hull police station with his trousers around his knees. All of this was captured on camera along with the mocking sounds of the police officers who watched him die. Christopher Alder was black yet there are no protests for him and the shambles that followed his unlawful killing including the police officers being allowed to retire on full pensions and also the burial of the wrong body.

#JusticeforChristopherAlder

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Tee View Post
                          The whole knee taking thing is one big fashion statement and is total ########. George Floyd was a scumbag but the racial discrimination that killed him is an American problem and for them to deal with. Exactly 39 years ago a young Paratrooper was fighting for this country in The Falklands. In 1998 he died on the floor of a Hull police station with his trousers around his knees. All of this was captured on camera along with the mocking sounds of the police officers who watched him die. Christopher Alder was black yet there are no protests for him and the shambles that followed his unlawful killing including the police officers being allowed to retire on full pensions and also the burial of the wrong body.

#JusticeforChristopherAlder
                          That is absolutely dreadful.

The way this country treats it’s servicemen current an ex is shameful, £20k a year to to risk your life for people who could not give a #### about you.

The Northern Ireland witch hunt is disgusting, I hope the solicitors involved burn in hell.

Comment

How many of these players taking the knee actually do anything to help black communities other than taking the knee?
                            Hollow empty gesture.
                            Our club aint got a pot to p#ss in, but instead of selling naming rights to the ground we named if after one of our young black players that was tragically killed by being stabbed like so many other black children are these days.
                            Deeds like this and other work the club does brings the community together regardless of colour, race or religion...paying homage to a career criminal and a divisive political party with nefarious aims will do exactly the opposite.

Comment

Great post

Comment

My facebook thread this morning:

GARY LINEKER: If you boo England players for taking the knee, you're part of the problem why players are taking the knee.

DIANE ABBOTT: Disgraceful that racist English fans are booing players for a anti-racist gesture. Insulting to black England players also #BlackLivesMatter.

Well there you go we're all racist scum.

Comment

Working...
                                X