Taking The Knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking The Knee

I noticed there was some booing at CL Final and England game as well. Quite right too - it's really annoying now and made worse by fact they keep trying to reposition it away from BLM and racism to something that's now become all a bit weird and oblique.

Anyway watching sundry dumbass millionaire footballers of dubious character and moral fibre sanctamoniously kneeling down before every game is risible in my view. It reminds of tge sportswashing that likes of China, Qatar and Saudi get up too in order to misdirect us from looking at the general s-housery their regimes get up to.

So when you get the likes of John JT Terry taking a knee I can only call it "Kneewashing". I like that phrase/description - it perfectly sums up the hollow tokenism of grubby footballers kneeling down.

Maybe kneewashing might gain traction as a slur or put-down. Or maybe not, who knows? I will certainly bellow KNEEWASHER out if I manage to get into a game and be confronted with any of it.

BLM really!! pissed off with all this knee lark reaction & has no place in football & god knows why it has started over here & don’t give me crap about the killing of floyd, quicker they stop it the better

Comment

Oh f#@k me, baaaaadd subject don't think this is for me

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Oh f#@k me, baaaaadd subject don't think this is for me
        Yeah but it's happening Dave. We're going to be subjected to "our boys" the three lions doing it throughout June whilst opponents just stand there looking bored. Commentators reading out The Statement of the week about expressing solidarity in THE FIGHT against blah blah blah.... it needs to stop. As crummy as football is, it always had that stance about banning all slogans and anything vaguely political/controversial (remember poppygate?). They have badly shot themselves in the foot letting this kneeling nonsense go on for more than a year with no sign of abating.

Comment

It's an embarrassing disgrace Abs.
          We had some ######## on tv saying it's not down to anyone but those taking part how they show their support against racism.
          Well I and you both know if a group of people decided to show support for the nhs for example, by having a straight arm about head height with an open hand we would be told it's a nazi salute and and a divisive white power sign.
          Yet these cretins think it was a good Idea to have the salute and kneeling of the most racist organisation since the Nazis in Germany?
          And the media banging out this rubbish that those who object are racists?.......moronic argument and will not be ever accepted by the right minded fair thinking citizens of any country

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            It's an embarrassing disgrace Abs.
            We had some ######## on tv saying it's not down to anyone but those taking part how they show their support against racism.
            Well I and you both know if a group of people decided to show support for the nhs for example, by having a straight arm about head height with an open hand we would be told it's a nazi salute and and a divisive white power sign.
            Yet these cretins think it was a good Idea to have the salute and kneeling of the most racist organisation since the Nazis in Germany?
            And the media banging out this rubbish that those who object are racists?.......moronic argument and will not be ever accepted by the right minded fair thinking citizens of any country
            Spot on mate, that prat Southgate wants to shut his mouth, if people want to boo that is their right, go woke go broke.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

It’s all a bit of a farce one of many I’ll happily buy anyone a beer regardless of colour, but I get fkin wound up by taking a knee etc etc if anyone chooses to boo what they are doing it’s there choice and free speech to disagree.

In the same free speech I can’t stand Southgate the football is dull and he’s a yes man boo not because you disagree but I think you play dour boring football that’s as fun to watch as it is to eat my mrs food when she’s in can’t be arsed mode

Comment

No need to boo players taking knee.

Comment

South#### has come out and said they are more determined to support BLM than ever.
                  The ##### need to be left in no uncertain terms that we are sick of this crap

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
                    Every need and the fact that those overpaid, overpriced, overprivelged millionaires think the fans disagreeing is racist is a disgrace, and they should be ashamed for supporting an anti police, racist organisation.

Comment

I'm with ye on this,I'm also sick of tired of bloody BLM and the taking the knee nonsense. But alas it matters little what we think because its here to stay for the foreseeable future,a bit like covid .

Comment

Agree Reb, seems all Southgate and the media want to talk about.
                        I just want football at football.

Comment

why not?.....i'm white and english, and feel intimidated by this.
                          if the shoe was on the other foot, everyone kneeling and doing a nazi salute, i would agree with black people taking offence.
                          time to stop this crap.

Comment

Perhaps white players could do some symbolic gesture against the blacks murdering white farmers in South Africa?

Seems ethnic cleansing is okay in this scenario.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sap...-for-2020/amp/

Comment

There is every need to boo politics in sport.

I don’t watch football on TV anymore and cancelled my Sky Sports subscription last year.

Go Woke Go Broke.
                              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
                              X