In Warburton We Trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Warburton We Trust

He's been slated a lot during the first half of the season.

But, is there anyone out there who would still like to see him replaced before next season?

Come out and state your case if you still want him out.

I honestly expected him to be gone after Norwich away game, I said back then we made so many basic errors and couldn’t score that all wasn’t his fault but out played top half side without reward.

the board backed him with signings and I’ve not enjoyed watching Rs for so long it became a chore. He’s done very well on a limited budget good loans come in and we’ve been superb since January to the point next season I’m optimistic of a top 6 challenge

Comment

Backed him all the way through. Was frustrated by how frail we looked in defence and thought he was slow to address that but even when we weren't winning it was clear he was taking us in the right direction and was baffled that some fans seriously wanted to go back to the dark ages of Ian Holloway.

Comment

Best we can hope for and doing great job within our limitations. I can't think of a better realistic target. I was getting concerned at our worst point this season but add a bit of quality, try a new system and extremely impressive. Interesting thing for me is if we can keep our main players, add in say Austin and one of Field or Johansen. We have Carroll and Amos coming back. We end up with 11 good players at this level and a decent bench. Regardless of how much money other clubs chuck at their squad you can only have 11 players out there at any one time. Avoid lots of injuries, add some further minor tweaks and we could do well.

Keep reading big summer again this year. For the first time in years I am hoping that won't be the case. We have a good base, sign as many of the four loans as we can and it really is just tweaks. Shock horror we could finally have a reasonably settled squad. Yes we can always look to improve but we are who we are and don't have lots of money. In my view outstanding work. The plans of a few years ago coming together maybe?

Comment

I seem to remember one of the main posters who didnt have a good word to say about the Board or the Manager was poster 'QPR'.

I wonder if he/she (etc) is happy with our lot and looking forward to the season ahead? Hopefully a bit more glass half full now?

Comment

Never doubted him.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
              I seem to remember one of the main posters who didnt have a good word to say about the Board or the Manager was poster 'QPR'.

I wonder if he/she (etc) is happy with our lot and looking forward to the season ahead? Hopefully a bit more glass half full now?
              Hasn’t been on for months , I wonder why , probably be straight back on next season if we have a poor start saying Les and the board haven’t got a clue etc.

Comment

Can't deny I couldn't see where the next point was coming from before the Norwich away game, and his constant "we must take our chances" just wound me up.
                I could see us relegated so wanted him replaced.
                But a mixture of quality introduced and the players seemingly getting it the team transformed.
                And as a consequence if you blame him for the poor results then he is also responsible for the upturn in.
                And tbf, even when losing our football was very easy on the eye.
                I was wrong and will trust him with the whole season.
                He has now brought two very good seasons and our biggest problem might be hanging on to him

Comment

I never doubted Warburton, even when we went through the poor spell before turn of the year. I saw enough in the previous season and in the matches where we played well but couldn’t take out chances to understand we would be fine once we got a decent striker in January. I stated in early January we should count ourselves lucky if we managed to hang on to Warburton. If comparing results to the budget at Warburtons disposal he has always done well, and I could never really understand why some fans saw it differently 3-4 months ago.

Warburton has had to re-start with a new team two seasons inn a row, with budget slashed by 50% or thereabout with some of the best players replaced with budget signings. Now we might start next season with a settled side, holding on to most of our loan signings and better players. Expectations will rise but I think Warburton will cope well - just keep fingers crossed we can keep hold of him and Ferdinand - that actually means more in the longer run than keeping hold of players such as Dieng, Dickie and Chair.

Comment

Always thought he was the right man to keep us in the championship as a mid table side, until the day came for us to push on. Wasn't convinced he had the quality to push us on given his previous jobs to take us to the next level but a mixture of him, the two experienced marquee loans in Charlie and Stef, at the right time has proven he can. I'd like to see him do it.

We could mount a real challenge and not only that be sustainable. If this squad went up, with a couple of additions it would have a fair shot at staying up. I do fear that if Stef or an equivalent isn't signed we will struggle to maintain this form, much of which has been built on belief and effort. If they are signed, we still aren't the finished article. Next year will be about building a side that can challenge, as Stef, Charlie aren't the youngest and will need strong back ups, even replacements if the best case scenario happens and we are promoted. To be honest I'm happy competing in this league at the moment, it's nice playing well and winning, going into games optimistic instead of mehhhhh we'll see.

Ultimately Warbs stays, at least two more seasons and anyone who thinks otherwise has been in a coma since Christmas. For us to finally have stability at the helm after a long decade is worth it.

Comment

Things can only get better ( I hope ) looking forward to next season already, that has to be a good sign, have a good a Summer as you can all.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                        I never doubted Warburton, even when we went through the poor spell before turn of the year. I saw enough in the previous season and in the matches where we played well but couldn’t take out chances to understand we would be fine once we got a decent striker in January. I stated in early January we should count ourselves lucky if we managed to hang on to Warburton. If comparing results to the budget at Warburtons disposal he has always done well, and I could never really understand why some fans saw it differently 3-4 months ago.

Warburton has had to re-start with a new team two seasons inn a row, with budget slashed by 50% or thereabout with some of the best players replaced with budget signings. Now we might start next season with a settled side, holding on to most of our loan signings and better players. Expectations will rise but I think Warburton will cope well - just keep fingers crossed we can keep hold of him and Ferdinand - that actually means more in the longer run than keeping hold of players such as Dieng, Dickie and Chair.
                        Good post spot on.

Comment

We won't go up with him at the helm. It does my head in when people say well who would you have then though. Look at the managers who've got teams up over past several years or into the playoffs I'm sure 99% of fans thought "Ehh? Who's this bozo never heard of him!"
                          Farke, Potter, Wagner, Jokanavich, Valeri or whatever his name is. There are loads of others I can't remember. Anyway, just saying "who else then" is a reductive argument and just shifts attention from Warburton. Warburton's record over 100ish games here is very mediocre. I feel the past 4/5 months have little to do with Warburton and more to do with the experienced loan players. I emphasise experience because I seriously question Warburton's ability to coach/develop players and to deploy players in set-ups that suit their abilities.
                          Even if you convince me it was Warburton who was behind our good run-in I'd say why did it take 80 games for him to pull his finger out? This is the biggest issue in my view:
                          Next season it's highly likely we will not have Austin and Johansson. It's possible we may receive offers we can't turn down for Dickie, Dykes, Barbet, Willock, Chair whoever. I do not see Warburton as someone who can quickly induct and gel new players into the team. Whatever the "Warburton Way" is it clearly takes far too long to sink in with the players.
                          Given we will almost certainly have new players to bed-in for August I'd expect another disjointed set of performances and poor results under Warburton and our season will be torpedoed before December again.
                          Warburton only makes sense for next season if we can retain the same match day squad as we ended with. Even then I don't see us putting in the necessary consistency under MW to make top 6.
                          Anyway, that's my opinion. Nothing will change it at this juncture either. The good news is I think that the CEO and DOF are doing a fantastic job sourcing players at the moment. Our recruitment over past 12-15 months seems to have gone fantastically well. If they keep up their good work we should have a decent season next term

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                            He's been slated a lot during the first half of the season.

But, is there anyone out there who would still like to see him replaced before next season?

Come out and state your case if you still want him out.
                            I am not a fan based on his choices of continuing with players like Carrol and Cameron who were just not up to the pace or physicallity. If He was responsivble for the signings in the winter Transfer market that turned our season around then I back him. Also I think he is the mainforce behind playing with wing backs if so hats off to him with pursuing his "way" as it got us a winning style. I hope that we can add quality players perhaps an old head then looking forward to next season with Warburton at the helm.

Comment

“ The Dark Ages”....under Holloway.. that’s a bit unfair don’t you think...Olly was the right man at the right time...he personally gave me my passion back during tough times..the same can be said about Neil Warnock..& to a degree The Breadman...

Comment

Working...
                              X