No announcement yet.

In Warburton We Trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olly might have been the right man at one time, but definitely not last time.

Comment

I agree with that...

Comment

Originally posted by Banbury View Post
        “ The Dark Ages”....under Holloway.. that’s a bit unfair don’t you think...Olly was the right man at the right time...he personally gave me my passion back during tough times..the same can be said about Neil Warnock..& to a degree The Breadman...
        Agreed.
        I was happy with Warbs at the club but leading up the Xmas we couldnt buy a point. I was confident with a few Jan signings he could freshen things up and get us going. The signings brought in exceeded my expectations. But if the wallet was firmly close and the pre-Jan squad was to see the season out I would have been glad to see Olly back to give the players a different voice and a last throw of the dice to get a tune out of the squad. I'm glad the Board helped Warbs out and showed they are still committed to the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          We won't go up with him at the helm. It does my head in when people say well who would you have then though. Look at the managers who've got teams up over past several years or into the playoffs I'm sure 99% of fans thought "Ehh? Who's this bozo never heard of him!"
          Farke, Potter, Wagner, Jokanavich, Valeri or whatever his name is. There are loads of others I can't remember. Anyway, just saying "who else then" is a reductive argument and just shifts attention from Warburton. Warburton's record over 100ish games here is very mediocre. I feel the past 4/5 months have little to do with Warburton and more to do with the experienced loan players. I emphasise experience because I seriously question Warburton's ability to coach/develop players and to deploy players in set-ups that suit their abilities.
          Even if you convince me it was Warburton who was behind our good run-in I'd say why did it take 80 games for him to pull his finger out? This is the biggest issue in my view:
          Next season it's highly likely we will not have Austin and Johansson. It's possible we may receive offers we can't turn down for Dickie, Dykes, Barbet, Willock, Chair whoever. I do not see Warburton as someone who can quickly induct and gel new players into the team. Whatever the "Warburton Way" is it clearly takes far too long to sink in with the players.
          Given we will almost certainly have new players to bed-in for August I'd expect another disjointed set of performances and poor results under Warburton and our season will be torpedoed before December again.
          Warburton only makes sense for next season if we can retain the same match day squad as we ended with. Even then I don't see us putting in the necessary consistency under MW to make top 6.
          Anyway, that's my opinion. Nothing will change it at this juncture either. The good news is I think that the CEO and DOF are doing a fantastic job sourcing players at the moment. Our recruitment over past 12-15 months seems to have gone fantastically well. If they keep up their good work we should have a decent season next term
          I fully agree with this post.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            Best we can hope for and doing great job within our limitations. I can't think of a better realistic target. I was getting concerned at our worst point this season but add a bit of quality, try a new system and extremely impressive. Interesting thing for me is if we can keep our main players, add in say Austin and one of Field or Johansen. We have Carroll and Amos coming back. We end up with 11 good players at this level and a decent bench. Regardless of how much money other clubs chuck at their squad you can only have 11 players out there at any one time. Avoid lots of injuries, add some further minor tweaks and we could do well.

Keep reading big summer again this year. For the first time in years I am hoping that won't be the case. We have a good base, sign as many of the four loans as we can and it really is just tweaks. Shock horror we could finally have a reasonably settled squad. Yes we can always look to improve but we are who we are and don't have lots of money. In my view outstanding work. The plans of a few years ago coming together maybe?
            This. Balanced, real, positive.

Comment

Working...
            X