European Super League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo
    Instead of trying to restructure the game and rinse more money out of it they should be looking at why people are being turned off. It's no longer a sport, it's a business with greedy owners, obnoxious, over-paid prima donnas for players, with a system where the wealthy get wealthier and the poorer don't. Not to mention the farkin TV broadcasters that are now more important than everyone else, the largely incompetent referees and the ridiculousness that is VAR.

Rant over.
    And dont forget that there can be more women presenters than men, on men's football. On the Beeb there was a panel of three once, one male host and two female presenters. I feel that Diversity and Inclusion is being rammed down my throat from all angles and every TV advert seems to have a mixed race couple in it. I'm very close to cancelling my TV licence and just streaming films and series from Netflix. The whole live TV thing at the moment is getting more tedious by the year. This taking the knee thing was embarrassing. I'm getting too old for all this constant voke stuff. You cant even laugh at midgets anymore!!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

And dont forget that there can be more women presenters than men, on men's football. On the Beeb there was a panel of three once, one male host and two female presenters. I feel that Diversity and Inclusion is being rammed down my throat from all angles and every TV advert seems to have a mixed race couple in it. I'm very close to cancelling my TV licence and just streaming films and series from Netflix. The whole live TV thing at the moment is getting more tedious by the year. This taking the knee thing was embarrassing. I'm getting too old for all this constant voke stuff. You cant even laugh at midgets anymore!!
      I don't want to get in to the diversity debate because you can't win, let's just say I agree with your post, we are seeing the same thing here in Canada!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

I don't want to get in to the diversity debate because you can't win, let's just say I agree with your post, we are seeing the same thing here in Canada!
        No, let's not go off topic.

But lets just finish this off by saying that the vast majority of people who do and will continue to support football are men, and we get enough D&I re-education in work. The average football fan does not connect to this Metro Male approach. It's an issue that broadcasters need to consider; especially if as stated, the younger generation are getting turned off by football. Everything in life is becoming sterile and premiership football is leading the way. European Super League - stick it up your...................

Comment

Perhaps fans are getting turned off by watching the same team elite teams competing for and winning all the trophies every season. There's very little competition in it now that this band of 15-24 clubs are dominating the game in the UK & Europe.

And Colin Murray had this to write about it today in the Metro:
          https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/23/footb...-esl-14458313/

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            Perhaps fans are getting turned off by watching the same team elite teams competing for and winning all the trophies every season. There's very little competition in it now that this band of 15-24 clubs are dominating the game in the UK & Europe.

And Colin Murray had this to write about it today in the Metro:
            https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/23/footb...-esl-14458313/
            Not sure about that. It used to be the big four and now you could look down to the top 9 and wouldnt be surprised to see any of them in the top 6. Perhaps not Everton but they have a new £500m stadium on order. Isnt that why these six want to guarantee their place in the ESL because of the threat to their spending by West Ham, Leicester and Everton? Unfortunately these clubs are budgeted to assume they will get Champions League and 3-4 of them are in the sh1t if they dont make it. There is plenty of money there with Sky if they budgeted not to qualify for the champions league or FFP actually worked. They want stable budgets at the expense of competition. Be cautious and dont over budget and expect qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
              And stop paying ludicrous sums of money for players and their wages. A salary cap would benefit all of them but they'd rather shaft the fans than even consider that.
              Yup, that's the nub of it.

At least 5 teams over spending to get four Champions League slots, and other clubs are muscling in too upsetting their business model. Cut your cloth and dont expect......

Comment

Player Age Weekly Wage Contract until
                David de Gea 29 £375,000 2023-06-30
                Sergio Romero 33 £70,000 2021-06-30
                Dean Henderson 23 £120,000 2025-06-30
                Lee Grant 37 £30,000 2020-06-30
                Marcos Rojo 30 £80,000 2021-06-30
                Phil Jones 28 £75,000 2023-06-30
                Diogo Dalot 21 £25,000 2023-06-30
                Alex Telles 27 £100,000 2024-06-30
                Harry Maguire 27 £195,000 2025-06-30
                Axel Tuanzebe 22 2022-06-30
                Eric Bailly 26 £80,000 2022-06-30
                Victor Lindelof 26 £120,000 2024-06-30
                Luke Shaw 25 £150,000 2023-06-30
                Aaron Wan-Bissaka 22 £90,000 2024-06-30
                Nemanja Matic 32 £140,000 2023-06-30
                Fred 27 £120,000 2023-06-30
                Scott McTominay 23 £10,000 2025-06-30
                Daniel James 22 £45,000 2024-06-30
                Donny van de Beek 23 £110,000 2025-06-30
                Juan Mata 32 £160,000 2021-06-30
                Jesse Lingard 26 £100,000 2021-06-30
                Bruno Fernandes 26 £180,000 2025-06-30
                Paul Pogba 25 £290,000 2021-06-30
                Mason Greenwood 18 £35,000 2023-06-30
                Facundo Pellistri 21 2025-06-30
                Anthony Martial 24 £250,000 2024-06-30
                Andreas Pereira 24 £30,000 2023-06-30
                Marcus Rashford 22 £250,000 2023-06-30
                Edinson Cavani 33 £210,000 2021-06-30

Comment

Daft init.

Comment

These clubs should be punished, but you get these tv pundits say you can't deduct them points, because its not the fans fault, but they don't say that when a team in the championship get done for breaking ffp rules.
                    It's exactly the same it's the owners that overspend not the fans, but it's ok they are not important enough.
                    Talk about hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

No, let's not go off topic.

But lets just finish this off by saying that the vast majority of people who do and will continue to support football are men, and we get enough D&I re-education in work. The average football fan does not connect to this Metro Male approach. It's an issue that broadcasters need to consider; especially if as stated, the younger generation are getting turned off by football. Everything in life is becoming sterile and premiership football is leading the way. European Super League - stick it up your...................
                      Wait till Charlie hangs up his boots and gets into punditry, should even up the odds a little!

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                        These clubs should be punished, but you get these tv pundits say you can't deduct them points, because its not the fans fault, but they don't say that when a team in the championship get done for breaking ffp rules.
                        It's exactly the same it's the owners that overspend not the fans, but it's ok they are not important enough.
                        Talk about hypocrisy.
                        I agree.

Perhaps the FA Premier League, FA and FL will come up with something similar to what they have now done in Italy to stop any future attempts at a breakaway.
                        https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56892039

Comment

Working...
                        X