European Super League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Super League

Set to be announced tonight. Six English teams involved.

https://news.sky.com/story/european-...tands-12279432

Hopefully the six teams involved will #### off completely and we can get back to the premier league by finishing top six in the championship next season.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      Hopefully the six teams involved will #### off completely and we can get back to the premier league by finishing top six in the championship next season.
      Yep they can #### off and , fly around the world playing each other every few weeks , see how boring that gets .

Comment

Once it collapses, they will ask to come back into Premier League. Unfortunately though they will let them back instead of telling them no. Its so selfish of these teams to go so really it should be a case of once your are gone, don't come back. The problem is Premier League is going to struggle. Any good teams left winning it will get all their players poached from the Super League. I think fans should boycott their team, if honest, QPR went to Super League, i would boycott them

Comment

They will hoover up all the young talent pay them big wages so that they don't go anywhere else, hope these scum clubs get their cumupance and the tv channels don't broadcast any of their games. But greedy c unts sky couldn't resist it.

Comment

It’s a power grab by the top 6 to get more from the premier league , they tried to force through changes last year but couldn’t get enough votes to do it .What fan would buy a season ticket to watch their team play the same teams on repeat . Their bluff should be called and they will back down again .

Comment

Ban them from signing from epl and efl
              ban players from representing England
              once it goes #### up start in lowest leagues
              deduct them any points Monday
              fine them same as they’d earn

and if qpr were one of the 6 I’d be pi££Ed off to the point I’d probably just play golf

it’s fkin joke given that fans not watched football for a season now they want to pi££ of to Europe where fans can’t go on a day when fans ok it is only 4K at Wembley but seriously these owners are a disgrace to the game

Comment

Sky news suggesting they will continue with the premier league but this is a breakaway midweek league. Even so, if nothing else it will be a stepping stone towards a full breakaway. EPL should give them midweek fixtures and deduct points everytime they field a weakened side.

I would have no interest in watching these games, even less interest than watching current premiership games. I'm sure they'll also drop out of the FA and League Cups too.

They'll probably buy up all the players and run with a domestic squad and a European squad.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                  Sky news suggesting they will continue with the premier league but this is a breakaway midweek league. Even so, if nothing else it will be a stepping stone towards a full breakaway. EPL should give them midweek fixtures and deduct points everytime they field a weakened side.

I would have no interest in watching these games, even less interest than watching current premiership games. I'm sure they'll also drop out of the FA and League Cups too.

They'll probably buy up all the players and run with a domestic squad and a European squad.
                  I have no interest in the champions league as it is it should be winners then knockout

i Accept footballs business driven not fan driven but if fans go shove it they have no business anyway. It’s all well and good Gary Neville etc slagging the idea off but it’s his employer that would broadcast it unless players are told by fifa etc play in it you ain’t playing international football again. But football sold its soul years ago and now wants it back

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

I have no interest in the champions league as it is it should be winners then knockout

i Accept footballs business driven not fan driven but if fans go shove it they have no business anyway. It’s all well and good Gary Neville etc slagging the idea off but it’s his employer that would broadcast it unless players are told by fifa etc play in it you ain’t playing international football again. But football sold its soul years ago and now wants it back
                    Yup. Saw on TV this week that Haaland's agent wants to make him the first £1m a week player. Who's paying for that then - not me!!!!

Comment

I don't watch Premier League when we're not in it, I will not watch this either!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                        I don't watch Premier League when we're not in it, I will not watch this either!
                        They don’t care about fans like you and me , this is for the Far East market , they will love it .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                          They don’t care about fans like you and me , this is for the Far East market , they will love it .
                          Probably right stains, I work in Hong Kong a lot and they love the prem there in the pubs 2am watching it.

I can’t see this taking off probably more of a we want more cash uefa as we had no fans in to pay or be sustainable. If it does football will continue but I can’t see any player being allowed to play international as its ultimate threat.

Comment

UEFA said they'll ban them from all other competition. Good. No one wants this other than suited yacht owners who don't care about football just $$$. Football is a joke as it is for the top clubs and this just makes it worse. I bloody love seeing West Ham and Leicester in the top 4. Got nothing against the teams like Man Utd etc as teams, managers and players, but I hate the way the game has been overly complicated by money, and those top teams attract that complication, and force punishment on every other team because of the rules they bend, just for trying to keep up.

Comment

Its rumoured the players won't be able to represent their country because you can only get selected from official leagues and this won't be official.

Comment

Working...
                              X