Time to leave W12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to leave W12

Ok with no football this weekend we need a meaty subject.
    I think it's time to go outside the borough and find a council that will welcome QPR and a stadium.
    There's got to be somewhere near by that has land that we can afford. I'm not talking Milton Keynes, or Bodmin although I would welcome the latter.
    But this has gone on long enough we need a new stadium it always attracts more supporters.
    Listening to Hoos this one is millstone around the neck of the club.
    We have to generate more income.

Club have said it’s the Linford Christie stadium only and we have no plan B as there are no other sites big enough in the borough. They seem to be trying to call the councils bluff , get us in there or you leave us no choice but to look outside the borough.

Comment

Agree.
      No other club has these problems.
      If they don't appreciate us go elsewhere

Comment

What about just down the M4?, I'm sure they would welcome a team playing in blue and white hoops in a nice new 24,000 seater stadium... oh wait....

All joking aside, with the Hotel, catering and retail at the Mad stad, giving a non football revenue stream, this is exactly what we should be looking at achieving

Comment

Nothing wrong in having aspirations for a new modern 30k Stadium but having a team capable of gaining a slice of the Premiership TV money is a more realistic aim to make the Club financially sustainable.
          There are smaller Clubs like Palace ,Burnley and until this season Watford and Bournemouth that don’t rely on income from Stadium receipts to be sustainable.

Comment

If we are ambitious and plan to return to the Premiership.
            In my opinion, we need to build a stadium with 30,000-40,000 capacity. We will fill that in the Premier League post lockdown.

Comment

Our new training ground could fit a stadium ?

Comment

Need the surrounds to benefit too. These days it isn't just about a stadium to play football. Its about what else the stadium is good for, leisure, development etc etc etc.

LC / wormwood is so ideal it's silly, and so much can be done with the LR site. What's the hold up again? dog walkers?

Comment

Got to start selling out LR before we look to a new stadium , last time we were in the prem we played Chelsea in the fa cup and didn't sell out . Still don't know where we are going to find the other 15/20 thousand fans to fill a new stadium , if we do they won't be QPR fans .

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    Got to start selling out LR before we look to a new stadium ,.
                    Whilst I respect your opinion, I think this is a little short sighted.
                    In a modern stadium you would attract football supporters, people taking the family/kids for a day out at the football. These will then become the QPR fans of tomorrow. I can't see anyone going for a nice day out at LR, because it's a shithole. Don't get me wrong, it's our shithole and I love it, but it's not going to attract new fans.
                    I'm sure that there are quite a few R's fans who are getting a bit to old to try and fold themselves into seats with no legroom, who might start coming again to a shiny new stadium with good facilities.
                    You have to have the product to sell, before you can sell it to anyone. Until we have a shiny new stadium, we can't sell it to the crowds who will come.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
                      In a modern stadium you would attract football supporters, people taking the family/kids for a day out at the football. These will then become the QPR fans of tomorrow. I can't see anyone going for a nice day out at LR, because it's a shithole. Don't get me wrong, it's our shithole and I love it, but it's not going to attract new fans.
                      I'm sure that there are quite a few R's fans who are getting a bit to old to try and fold themselves into seats with no legroom, who might start coming again to a shiny new stadium with good facilities.
                      You have to have the product to sell, before you can sell it to anyone. Until we have a shiny new stadium, we can't sell it to the crowds who will come.

Exactly that. 40k is is a bit much but somewhere late 20's and nice is what you want. Important to retain that close to the action feeling if possible too as it's the best thing about Loftus Rd to a football lover, fan of QPR or not

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
                        Agree about the seats I found myself in sar a while back and wanted to go home after 5 mins as my knees hurt. I've taken my kids to LR for over 30 years and they've grown to love it . I sit in the paddox and the leg room is bearable . When u say families going for a day out would that make much difference if it's a new or the old stadium. If u love rangers you're going to go whether it's got nice facilities or not ..... I've spoken to a good few fans down the years and asked them why they've stopped going . Answers were too expensive , we are rubbish , not the same anymore , the mrs makes me go shopping easier to watch football on tv . Not one person has said to me in not far off 50 years of supporting they've stopped going because the ground is dated and the toilets and tea bars ain't up to scratch .... Sky and pressure in the school playground has made all of today's kids that are local to us Chelsea or arsenal fans .. Most of our young fans are brought along by their dads / grandad's . When I was a boy a gang of us would jump on the 72 bus to watch rangers as we were london's top team

Comment

During initial talks with Council officials about a new Stadium it was reported that there were doubts from the Council about the Clubs owners motives behind the move ?

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
                            During initial talks with Council officials about a new Stadium it was reported that there were doubts from the Council about the Clubs owners motives behind the move ?
                            Well I dont believe all the guff about a multicultural sports hub safe space for all and sundry either. Lets face it - it's either a shiny new home for us or a community centre. Trying to make it all things to all peoples is frankly preposterous.

Comment

I can honestly say Loftus Road is holding us back, those who say we need to fill Loftus Road first need to look at the impact of a modern new stadium would have. I have been to most parts of the stadium and I can honestly say it is not comfortable and puts many off. Our hospitality is so out dated and while I believe the club does the best it can with what it has it really is sub standard for a club in 2021.
                              So I agree with the OP, of the council do not want to support us we should take our business else where. If the Pandemic has taught us anything its the value of people moving around in an area generates lots of trade. local pubs, shops , takeaways will all suffer for us going and in return it will take money away from the council.
                              However, if they have vision and support us we can help generate lots more revenue's.

Personally, I think we need to resolve this situation soon. The club needs to draw a line in the sand and look for other sites soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X