Alternative Options to Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative Options to Austin

If we cant keep Austin, I think we should be looking at a deal for Luke Jepcott.

A young prolific striker at Plymouth who is 20-21 and has scored a ton of goals for Plymouth this season.

Would be a good deal for the club and fits the philosophy of the club well.

There's a few in the lower leagues knocking them in . We've had our fingers burnt in recent years so must be careful . I'm sure someone on here said à few years ago we should go for ivan toney . Look at him now silly barnet and gloves but knows where the goal is

Comment

Good post. I love Charlie and hope he stays, I don't think what he is currently bringing to the team can be replaced overnight. Leadership, positivity, experience and goals. Goals maybe if we're lucky but the rest comes at a price.

I want to see what this Sinclair Armstrong kid is about in our youth ranks. 17 and has had some chat about him when contract signing came about but that's all.

Jephcott fella looks good, but he struggled last year.

Maybe we're best off sending Les round the local building sites that's where Charlie came from.

Comment

If it was a decision between keeping Austin or Johansen due to wages I’d be opting for Johansen.

Comment

There’s probably still more to come from Bonne if Warburton can tweak the system for another creative player to provide some pace.

Kemar Roofe is currently unable to nail down a regular spot for G/Rangers.

Agree with Stainrods view on Johansen.

Comment

There's a bloke knockin em in for fun at Charlton.......

On a serious note,is going to the lower leagues a wise move?
            We have done that with the strikers we have now.
            There's no substitute for experience and class.
            I think we need a top class striker

Comment

We’d be mad not to try and sign Chaz.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                If it was a decision between keeping Austin or Johansen due to wages I’d be opting for Johansen.
                His fate will depend on Fulham's survival.

A goal scorer is harder to find than a good midfielder, both are hard at our budget but on this seasons showing without Charlie, you could have Zidane in midfield and we'd be struggling. Good goal scorer can find the net from nothing and like gold dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                  I agree with the comment, I love Charlie and I hope the club are trying everything to keep him, but unless we get West Brom contributing a fair bit on his wages as part of a deal, Its going to be challenging to keep Austin beyond this season.

Comment

I think we need to give Austin a carrot that will benefit his long term aspirations. Two year player followed by two year coaching deal. A lot of players find it hard to get into the coaching side and it gives Chaz a decent start without going into L1/2. I'm sure most coaches would be getting around £2k a week, so if we gave him a £15k a week over four years he'd be doing okay. We are struggling to produce CFs to sell on and that's where the bug buck are in transfer fees. Chaz to be our player / attacking coach.

Comment

Jepcott value £3.5m with quite a few clubs after him. Realistic target?

Comment

There's a lad at Peterborough who heading the scoring stats for League 1.

What could possibly go wrong buying a striker from Peterborough? .......oh wait......

Comment

Working...
                        X