Dykes as a Number 9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dykes as a Number 9?

After watching last night's game it occurred to me that Dykes might be better suited to a number 9 type of role. As an advanced attacking midfielder, in a similar role to which Kevin Gallen adopted towards the end of his career.
    He is fast, a good passer of the ball and is very difficult to tackle once he has the ball at his feet. It would also offer a different attacking option as well, with the possibility of having either 1 or 2 players in front of him.
    ​​​

Beg to differ haven't seen too much pace from him at all, doesn't have great positional sense in the box,

Comment

From what I've seen he seems similar to Matt Smith, but without the goals. Even as s big CF that a smaller player could feed off you should still be looking for 10-12 goals a season. Warbs seems to like him though so perhaps the goals will come next season.

I know four of his goals have come from penalties - but a wider question is we dont seem to get many!! Are we a team with the lowest awarded pens in this league? Dont we practice falling over?????

Comment

Dykes needs to get a couple in the back of the net and then we'll see if he's a striker or just a work horse. He's had bad luck, poor service and has suffered from panicking in the box and his decision making has been bad. Confidence, he needs it, get some and then if he's able to correct some of that we'll see if he's up to it.

At the minute a striker who doesn't score and takes 30+ games to get positive comments other thn works hard and takes a good penatly ain't doing much for us. But credit due last night the lad did well.

Comment

Thought Dykes had his best game of the season yesterday. Set up a lot of plays with decent passes, hustled his tail off, and seemed a threat to be a part of some telling moments. Like the potential of moving him back behind the strikers given he still lacks final scoring touch. Worth a shot in the last few games if we are not playing for anything meaningful.

Comment

Working...
          X